Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Feb 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4034081)   #26
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Perich family were serious about a replacement but you can bet Govt was not happy without a controlling interest, photo opportunity etc!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsp...20-gdo7ro.html
They can't have been because the sites chosen were not suitable but your view might differ. There is no way on earth that a new circuit was ever going to be built in the Sydney basin.

>Tony Perich, whose family company Leppington Pastoral owns Oran Park, has been speaking with the state government about zoning for three possible locations which he says are "not too far away" from Oran Park.<

Not too far from OP would have been awesome with all the new residential areas being planned in the same areas near and on OP. Sorry, but I can't take that linked article any more seriously today as back then, the facts don't stack up at all.
Old 10 Feb 2021, 02:14 (Ref:4034389)   #27
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the issue with the Oran Park replacement option was that while Tony became a motor racing fan in the years after the family bought Oran Park his sons that had taken over most of the operation of the family’s businesses had no interest in the sport.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4034896)   #28
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
They can't have been because the sites chosen were not suitable but your view might differ. There is no way on earth that a new circuit was ever going to be built in the Sydney basin.

>Tony Perich, whose family company Leppington Pastoral owns Oran Park, has been speaking with the state government about zoning for three possible locations which he says are "not too far away" from Oran Park.<

Not too far from OP would have been awesome with all the new residential areas being planned in the same areas near and on OP. Sorry, but I can't take that linked article any more seriously today as back then, the facts don't stack up at all.
Wilton was the main contender, out in the sticks, but that was before we started bring in 200,000 people per year mainly in Sydney!
Old 13 Feb 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4034936)   #29
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wilton was the main contender, out in the sticks, but that was before we started bring in 200,000 people per year mainly in Sydney!
That is the bit I didn't understand at the time as the new subdivision just east of the highway was already being put in so a track was never going to happen in that locality. The big advantage of electric racing cars might be that tracks closer to residential areas should be possible.
Old 13 Feb 2021, 22:20 (Ref:4035018)   #30
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That is the bit I didn't understand at the time as the new subdivision just east of the highway was already being put in so a track was never going to happen in that locality. The big advantage of electric racing cars might be that tracks closer to residential areas should be possible.
Having been involved with an electric. RC club in the past, residents will find something to complain about.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4035798)   #31
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maaaattteee...there are NIMBY's who ring up to complain about track noise EVEN when there is no meeting on!!
Old 19 Feb 2021, 01:00 (Ref:4035817)   #32
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Maaaattteee...there are NIMBY's who ring up to complain about track noise EVEN when there is no meeting on!!
And there are motor sport participants who think they have the right to create as much noise as they want when they want. I have seen enough of that over decades of racing to know it is true so it goes both ways.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 00:09 (Ref:4036128)   #33
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
And there are motor sport participants who think they have the right to create as much noise as they want when they want. I have seen enough of that over decades of racing to know it is true so it goes both ways.
Breathtaking stuff!
Old 21 Feb 2021, 00:24 (Ref:4036131)   #34
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Breathtaking stuff!
Thanks for the accolade. I saw someone argue with the management of WP to be allowed to run a car past the curfew cut off time so yes the sport does have those who don't give a damn about anyone else.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4036157)   #35
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amaroo Park. Great memories of ill handling bikes on a tight and twisty unforgiving circuit. And watching the real racers going at it in the Castrol Six Hour.

Can I have my youth back please, I gotta kidney or two to sell...