Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2840706)   #1
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ALMS Road America 2010 GT@ Crash Discrepancy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chRKs...mbedded#at=108

My problem, comes from this incident where everyone seems to thing that Bill Auberlen in the BMW M3 GT2 got in to the back of scott tucker in the LMPC which caused a wrecked that destroyed that BMW chassis and took them out of the championship hunt.

MY problem is from watching the the replay on my DVR. First the BMW taps the rear of the scott tucker LMPC in a harmless incident. Then scott tucker slows in front and bill auberlen tries to slow but the FLYING LIZARD 45 PORSCHE comes wailing into the BACK of BIll Auberlen's BMW M3 GT2 which launches him into Scott Tucker the second time which totals the BMW.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2840710)   #2
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Youll even notice the damage on the front of the flying lizard porsche that shows the evidence of rear ending the BMW.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2840711)   #3
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
btw i hate the LMPC cars. They have done nothing but cause havoc for both the other LMP cars and the GT cars. LMPC should take a lesson from GTC. GTC is a proper class in my opinion
Old 5 Mar 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2840712)   #4
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Youll even notice the damage on the front of the flying lizard porsche that shows the evidence of rear ending the BMW.
Thats what happens when you are running nose to tail and the car infront slows abruptly, bills first tap on the rear of tucker clearly breaks something in tuckers rear suspension that caused him to slow and loose control.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2840713)   #5
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Thats what happens when you are running nose to tail and the car infront slows abruptly, bills first tap on the rear of tucker clearly breaks something in tuckers rear suspension that caused him to slow and loose control.
Tucker did not loose control until Bill Auberlen rammed into the rear of him the second time which was because Bill got ramed by the Flying Lizard car which did not get a penalty and went on to continue relatively unharmed
Old 5 Mar 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2840719)   #6
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you blind? after the first contact to the left rear of tucker you can see the rear of his car suddenly start weaving about like his left rear tire got cut down, at this point bill and pat were nose to tail and unless BMW have suddenly developed cars that are transparent Pat would not have known that tucker was right in front of bill and slowing.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2840722)   #7
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Are you blind? after the first contact to the left rear of tucker you can see the rear of his car suddenly start weaving about like his left rear tire got cut down, at this point bill and pat were nose to tail and unless BMW have suddenly developed cars that are transparent Pat would not have known that tucker was right in front of bill and slowing.
Whats your point? I'm saying that if you remove the Flying Lizard car from that incident Bill Auberlen would not have hit Scott Tucker the second time. Are you blind? If you watched the race they show another replay from Pat Longs car that shows Bill Auberlen on the brakes and then Pat punts Bill into Scott tucker but gets a way unscathed.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2840735)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
There is no video from the inside of the Lizards car, in the video link you posted. This incident is Tucker's fault.. end of story.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2840738)   #9
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ya, there's nothing in the video showing the Porsche. You only notice a slight jolt by the BMW before it hits Tucker the 2nd time. Whether that was him braking or someone hitting him in the back is not conclusive.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2840752)   #10
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
There is no video from the inside of the Lizards car, in the video link you posted. This incident is Tucker's fault.. end of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
ya, there's nothing in the video showing the Porsche. You only notice a slight jolt by the BMW before it hits Tucker the 2nd time. Whether that was him braking or someone hitting him in the back is not conclusive.
I know there is no video showing the inside view of the prosche as i said in my original quote!. The video is short. I have the actual full race and after that since the full course caution was so lengthy they show it from inside the Porsche!!
Old 5 Mar 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2840760)   #11
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I know there is no video showing the inside view of the prosche as i said in my original quote!. The video is short. I have the actual full race and after that since the full course caution was so lengthy they show it from inside the Porsche!!

Thank You for clarifying the ambuigity created in the first post. It doesn't really change my opinion, this was Tuckers fault.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2840761)   #12
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You didn't mention the on-board film of the Porsche in your original post. Time to find that on you tube or somewhere else.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2840768)   #13
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-Kyv4C7EE Skip to 9:20 Flying lizard was inches off Bill's bumper when he hit the brakes, how you expect him to avoid that i dont know.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2840774)   #14
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When you drive in street traffic, you are an idiot if you drive that close to someone else, in racing it is a necessity. Since they were all doing what they were supposed to be doing, it was a racing incident and there really is no reason to affix fault.

DK
Old 5 Mar 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2840803)   #15
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Its funny how after pat long knows that je totally just drilled bill auberlen in the rear he just floors it and keeps going. Especially considering Bill Auberlen was second in the championship only a few points behind patlong
Old 5 Mar 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2840807)   #16
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-Kyv4C7EE Skip to 9:20 Flying lizard was inches off Bill's bumper when he hit the brakes, how you expect him to avoid that i dont know.
What are you arguing. Are you confused? Whether he avoided it or not he drilled bill auberlen in the rear and that set off the real accident. the bill auberlen scott tucker skirmish that initially occured could have been controlled had pat long not drilled Bill auberlen. Therefore Pat Long caused the real wreck.

Your excuse is silly. Just because you follow someone closely doesnt mean when you hit them in the rear you get to say oh jeez i was too close i couldnt react. Then how about next time dont; get close.(obviously that doesnt make sense but you get the point.) That doesnt get to be an excuse. Thats like saying you followed him into a brakezone and he braked and you hit him off. A hit is a hit and Pat long did it.

Yeah i agree Scott tucker was driving ridiculously to be going slower than a GT car through a highspeed corner. Wow tucker your driving a high downforce LMP car and the GT car is beating you need to park it.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 23:42 (Ref:2840827)   #17
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
so what
who cares
nothing can be changed now...
Old 6 Mar 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2840851)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Its funny how after pat long knows that je totally just drilled bill auberlen in the rear he just floors it and keeps going. Especially considering Bill Auberlen was second in the championship only a few points behind patlong
What axe do you have to grind? Obviously there is a motive behind your disdain.

Did you expect him to stop and give him flowers? You do realize that these are professional drivers, who are paid to do a job?
Old 6 Mar 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2840852)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good grief.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2840853)   #20
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
What are you arguing. Are you confused? Whether he avoided it or not he drilled bill auberlen in the rear and that set off the real accident. the bill auberlen scott tucker skirmish that initially occured could have been controlled had pat long not drilled Bill auberlen. Therefore Pat Long caused the real wreck.

Your excuse is silly. Just because you follow someone closely doesnt mean when you hit them in the rear you get to say oh jeez i was too close i couldnt react. Then how about next time dont; get close.(obviously that doesnt make sense but you get the point.) That doesnt get to be an excuse. Thats like saying you followed him into a brakezone and he braked and you hit him off. A hit is a hit and Pat long did it.

Yeah i agree Scott tucker was driving ridiculously to be going slower than a GT car through a highspeed corner. Wow tucker your driving a high downforce LMP car and the GT car is beating you need to park it.
As I stated in my prior post, there must be some motive for you dragging up a race incident, that happened some what seven or eight months ago?

I watched the secondary video.... Long's touch on Auberlen was a racing incident, with too little time to react. The reason Long got into the back of Auberlen, is because Auberlen checked up, due to Tucker losing control of the car, likely as a result of Auberlen having already tagged Tucker's rear tire, with it going down.

As MGDavid stated who cares.. this was MONTHS ago.

Why is this so important to you? It would seem as though your assessment of the incident is isolated, as nobody agrees with you, including the commentators on the videos.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 02:21 (Ref:2840865)   #21
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What was he supposed to do? Stop, get out and apologize?
Old 6 Mar 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2840904)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
What axe do you have to grind? Obviously there is a motive behind your disdain.

Did you expect him to stop and give him flowers? You do realize that these are professional drivers, who are paid to do a job?
I concur, this is an utterly pointless thread which is only going to go one way.

THREAD CLOSED
Closed Thread