Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 11 Jul 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3836023)   #1
Joemurray93
Rookie

Joemurray93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton BTCC - Newbie

Good day all,

As a recent recruit to the wonderful world of marshalling im looking for a little advise...

I've attended a few smaller events and club level races, but the BTCC at snetterton in a few weekends time will be my first big event.

I was wondering if post allocation is done in advance of sign on with there likely to be a lot of marshals? So far i've just turned up and been allocated a zone/post since i dont have a 'usual' just yet.

I only ask as i fear turning up and being a pain if i dont know where i should be going!

Thanks in advance

Joe
Old 11 Jul 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3836147)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the exception of the GP, allocation on arrival is the norm. I'd expect it to be the same for this.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 19:39 (Ref:3836542)   #3
Westie62
Rookie

Westie62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You don't need to worry Joe.

You'll notice a few more marshals than you'll have seen at the clubs events you've done so far, although there's less BTCC followers come to Snetterton than other circuits.

When you sign on Mike Whitney will probably have you allocated to a post and will let you know where he wants you to go.

Other than five or six marshals to a post (rather than the one or two you're used to) it's just another race meeting.

Hope you enjoy it.

Oh, and the queue at Tyrells will be longer than normal!