Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Aug 2009, 23:14 (Ref:2516480)   #1
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
richie17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
iRace Round 4 Oran Park 14-15 August

There will be a new category competing, the HDT cup and it looks quite good.

I would like to see how well the XR6 Turbo will go in the production car class.
More news here.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 01:46 (Ref:2516553)   #2
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a playground for older Commodore Cup cars....
Old 6 Aug 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2516670)   #3
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just what's needed in Aust motorsport, another category

Will this round actually take place??
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 8 Aug 2009, 01:34 (Ref:2517652)   #4
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills

I think you will find that most of the cars that will be racing in the HDT were made redundant in the commodore cup when they introduced the VS commodores and yes I believe the round will take place. I wonder if they will allow the VL turbo or the energy polariser in the HDT? (the polariser will be a good way to get an advantage. )
Old 8 Aug 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2517818)   #5
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie17 View Post
I think you will find that most of the cars that will be racing in the HDT were made redundant in the commodore cup when they introduced the VS commodores and yes I believe the round will take place. I wonder if they will allow the VL turbo or the energy polariser in the HDT? (the polariser will be a good way to get an advantage. )
Just to straighten out a couple of things, none of the older Commodores were made redundant when the VS model was introduced into Commodore Cup, they are still running in the series and if you have one you can still run it.

As a matter of fact an older style Commodore led the series up until the second last round in 2008 when its owner changed to a VS and subsequently lost the championship.

If you have a good older car and know what you are doing you will still be very competitive, the older cars arent such a disadvantage at all and can still run.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2518166)   #6
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebringimsa View Post

Will this round actually take place??
Gees I hope so, I've just entered in a Mustang!! A little different from the normal car so it should be fun.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2518280)   #7
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
Gees I hope so, I've just entered in a Mustang!! A little different from the normal car so it should be fun.
David, is it a Group A or Group N Mustang or just an oddball?
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 9 Aug 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2518301)   #8
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
It's John Bowe's ex Nations Cup car. I've had a look at it, but I've got a problem...............I can't figure out how to start it! Still, 4.4 litres, quad cam, 6 speed sequential Hollinger box, 1600kgs will be a little different from the usual 2.3 litre, 5 speed Getrag weighing 1017kgs. A big learning curve is in store for me this Friday.
I just saw the website, it's free admission both days, if I read it right.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 02:43 (Ref:2518558)   #9
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey David, awesome, I hope you have a blast in the Mustang!

If you want info on getting it started, give me a bell. I've just sent you an email with my number.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2518809)   #10
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
You're a mind reader. I tried to start it today without luck. I'll call you, it'll be good to catch up with you all again.
Cheers
David
Old 15 Aug 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2521719)   #11
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
What a blast the Mustang was! Just needed more time to prepare it and buy some new tyres. I had the front left destroy itself coming over the bridge and when I looked at the tyre I realised why I had no grip all weekend, it was crap. Worn through the belts and game over! The compound was right......in 1998 when they were new, but that's OK, I just didin't have the budget or the time to get new tyres.
I thought the meeting went well though. Some good fields in Production cars and Muscle division/HDT Cup with some good racing too. I hope the series gets bigger as they are offering a good alternative which is a fantastic entry point for new racers.
Thanks to Mr. Byers for the drive, I'll bet his arms a tired as he had a power steering pump fail on Friday and had to wrestle the front wheel drive Mitsubishi 380 around all day today.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2522631)   #12
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just checked natsoft.com.au to see how many and what was at the event.
Well done to the organisers for a well fielded weekend.
I see the Molser made an appearance which is great to see.
Where will the series be running at in NSW next year?
Old 17 Aug 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2523206)   #13
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
How was the round? Any photos? I did find this little write up here.

To Dasher, the word "redundant" was properly not the best word I could have used, I will apologise for the miswording in that post. I feel that when they brought in the VS they kind of ruin the category. (for me anyhow.)

To Sam, How come you did not race on the weekend?
Old 17 Aug 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2523279)   #14
SamDale
Racer

Hi Richie,

It was iRace's most successful meeting to date, with loads of great racing!

I didn't run as my first child was born just a couple of days before the event. I went to the track for a few hours on Friday morning to help out with a few things and it was great too see all the old faces, and so many new ones!

I managed to take a few pics while I was there: http://www.irace.net.au/multimedia/p...live/index.php. There should be some more photos soon too.

There will be an official writeup on the iRace site soon.

David,

Great to hear you enjoyed the Mustang! Decent tyres certainly do make a massive difference. Hope to catch up again soon.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2523315)   #15
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDale View Post
I didn't run as my first child was born just a couple of days before the event.
Not good enough, you could've given the little one a proper intro to the sport nice and early

Congrats by the way
Old 17 Aug 2009, 23:48 (Ref:2523375)   #16
SamDale
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
you could've given the little one a proper intro to the sport nice and early
Was tempting

Thank you very much
Old 18 Aug 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2523554)   #17
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDale View Post

I didn't run as my first child was born just a couple of days before the event. .
You should have told us at the track on Friday, I'm sure we could have arranged plenty of people to help "wet the babies head" as they say.
Congrats Sam.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2525766)   #18
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
Congratulations to you and your wife on your new bundle of joy. Have you given the baby a real race car drivers name like jet Johnson!?

For everyone else the round will be shown on the telly, Sunday at 1pm on SBS. (23 August) more here.