Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 19 Mar 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2849566)   #26
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Ferrari F430 GTC is based on F430.
The new road car is called Ferrari 458 Italia w/o "F" How come everyone calls the race car F458?
Old 19 Mar 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2849576)   #27
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
I don't think so, because they are not registered in ILMC.
They could be if Aston paid for them to be registered - but they haven't - so they aren't!
Old 19 Mar 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2849577)   #28
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Ferrari F430 GTC is based on F430.
The new road car is called Ferrari 458 Italia w/o "F" How come everyone calls the race car F458?
Because 458 Italia GTC takes longer to type!!
Old 19 Mar 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2849578)   #29
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
How come everyone calls the race car F458?
Because that is what is on the entry list. See http://americanlemans.com/files/even...ring_Entry.pdf
Old 19 Mar 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2849593)   #30
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea why Dumas was looking so angry, exchanging words with a women of the Audi staff?

Seems the comunication is a bit tense in the Audi pit...
Old 19 Mar 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2849594)   #31
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Hey Graham, find out what Mr. Dumas was wound up about....!
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2849600)   #32
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
They had to do 3 stops during that last caution. First time to take a bit of fuel because they were about to run out of fuel, the second time the pit was blocked and the third time they were finally able to do the real stop. Clearly unhappy about that.

BTW the woman is the engineer of the car
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2849604)   #33
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many women are there as a top enginner for a top team in motorsport?
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2849605)   #34
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
How many women are there as a top enginner for a top team in motorsport?
ref the question above - Happily there are one or two - I'm pretty certain Prodrive have a young lady race engineer too.

Ref the heated exchange I have an idea but am checking - Back to you asap
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2849609)   #35
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Hey Graham, find out what Mr. Dumas was wound up about....!
It was the second time they had a duff pit call under caution - He was expressing displeasure in a Gallic fashion
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2849610)   #36
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
ref the question above - Happily there are one or two - I'm pretty certain Prodrive have a young lady race engineer too.
I recalled incorrectly

Leena is the #1 Audi race Engineer

Her sister Teena engineered the Drayson Lola
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2849615)   #37
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's Peugeot's set up for Sebring. Do they just have a tent and the cars, or do they have some form of PR tent for them as a racing team?
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2849616)   #38
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Leena is the #1 Audi race Engineer

Her sister Teena engineered the Drayson Lola
Thanks for that. I found her sister's website: http://www.teenagade.co.uk/
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2849621)   #39
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
What's Peugeot's set up for Sebring. Do they just have a tent and the cars, or do they have some form of PR tent for them as a racing team?
A very large tent for the cars plus a little concession stand for merchandise
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:42 (Ref:2849624)   #40
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
I failed to find the info on the official site so I ask:

What is the point table for the ILMC in Sebring? Is it doubled compared to Spa for exemple? And for LM?

I know also there is a point for pole, is there one for fastest lap too?

I find the comunication to be pretty obscure from the ACO, concerning the sporting aspects of their new serie...
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2849626)   #41
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A very large tent for the cars plus a little concession stand for merchandise
I'm guessing it's just keyrings and clothes with Peugeot logos? No model cars or anything?
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2849627)   #42
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
I find the comunication to be pretty obscure from the ACO, concerning the sporting aspects of their new serie...
http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...egulations.pdf

Only Le Mans is double points. Compare table on p.6 and p.7.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2849633)   #43
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
I'm guessing it's just keyrings and clothes with Peugeot logos? No model cars or anything?
I honestly didn't look - I only ever wear dsc!!
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2849634)   #44
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...egulations.pdf

Only Le Mans is double points. Compare table on p.6 and p.7.
Thanks.
I'm a bit disapointed by that. A sebring win should have more value than an Imola win don't you think?
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2849638)   #45
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Thanks.
I'm a bit disapointed by that. A sebring win should have more value than an Imola win don't you think?
Nope - A race is a race - except Le Mans of course!!
Old 19 Mar 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2849640)   #46
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
I failed to find the info on the official site so I ask:

What is the point table for the ILMC in Sebring? Is it doubled compared to Spa for exemple? And for LM?

I know also there is a point for pole, is there one for fastest lap too?

Yes to a point for Pole - No to a point for fastest lap
Old 19 Mar 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2849656)   #47
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
Quote:
Nope - A race is a race - except Le Mans of course!!
I beg to differ. Should it be only because of the race duration which is doubled, not taking into consideration the part of Myth, (because this is subjective), a Sebring win asks for more skills/pace/luck than an Imola or Silverstone one...

Anyway, next question

If you come by Oak box, what happened to the poor #15? Mathieu Lahaye seems to be hurt to the foot or the leg.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2849657)   #48
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with the allocation of points for ILMC competitors is it in order of finish including the members of the same class that arent ILMC or just in order of ILMC competitors?
Old 19 Mar 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2849667)   #49
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you come by Oak box, what happened to the poor #15? Mathieu Lahaye seems to be hurt to the foot or the leg.
Chemical burn, they had a fuel leak in the cockpit.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2849672)   #50
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eizox View Post
with the allocation of points for ILMC competitors is it in order of finish including the members of the same class that arent ILMC or just in order of ILMC competitors?
It is different. Points are given for overall classification, regardless of ILMC competitor or not.

For example a Peugeot - Highcroft - Oreca finish.

- Highcroft is not an ILMC entrant and does not score points.
- Oreca is but gets the points for third place and not for second.
Closed Thread