Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jan 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3876772)   #751
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Leave Mrs Viv's buns out of this! What have they ever done to you?
Thanks Mike. (It's OK, I think he's just jealous.)
Old 17 Jan 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3876778)   #752
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
You've both missed the point, if we took the motorsport out of our lives we would probably be millionaires. People often say to me, you own horses and race cars, you must be wealthy. No, if we didn't own horses and race cars we would be wealthy

A good point, well argued......but a quick check and some maths indicated that for me at least, I'd have had to have been spending about 20K per year on my motorsport over 40 years or so.....its been pricy, but not that much (I was a rally co-driver for many years, remember! )

Maybe (he says hopefully) I'm undervaluing my assets
Old 17 Jan 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3876783)   #753
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Look you lot I only wanted an up to date Brexit report. WTF are you all talking about now.
It has just taken me an hour to enter the NY marathon draw.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3876788)   #754
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Look you lot I only wanted an up to date Brexit report. WTF are you all talking about now.
Can't you pop over the road to your neighbour and ask her Iain ?
I can't I'm still lapping up the sun down here !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jan 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3876790)   #755
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Can't you pop over the road to your neighbour and ask her Iain ?
I can't I'm still lapping up the sun down here !
We’ve got sun as well- in between the sleet and snow showers!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3876793)   #756
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
With all the eggs you will have to eat soon, it will be sunny up any time!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3876794)   #757
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
We’ve got sun as well- in between the sleet and snow showers!
I would normally put a picture of myself on the beach in shorts and T shirt just to annoy you guys but instead here is a shot of my runabout Pug that I took yesterday.Click image for larger version

Name:	m.png
Views:	8
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	52425
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Jan 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3876795)   #758
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gerard- Noooo, eggs will be off the menu as well as meat, according to the news reports today.

I reckon it’s just a distraction to take our minds off that other subject....

Talking of which, I’ve had more news flashes pinging up on this tablet about the car accident at Sandringham this afternoon than over the last few weeks about the brexit debacle....
Old 17 Jan 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3876798)   #759
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
With all the eggs you will have to eat soon, it will be sunny up any time!
Gerard, we have a problem here in that we appear to have all of our eggs in one basket.
In your country I believe the problem is different in that you have all of your Basques in one exit.
The end result is the same however, in that we all have trouble getting out!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3876800)   #760
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Whadda yu mean? There are several learned treatise on the Brexit situation recorded here, you will find that they get lost amongst the dross perpetually posted by certain individuals who are obsessed with all manner of obscure French cars. I will not mention names ,,, but. Oo,La, La.

Go to page 48.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3876802)   #761
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
here is a shot of my runabout Pug that I took yesterday.Attachment 52425
Does the owner know it's missing yet?
Old 17 Jan 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3876803)   #762
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Leave Mrs Viv's buns out of this! What have they ever done to you?

Well, Mike nothing really, but I am fascinated by the thought of how our dear Viv, and the talented Mrs V first got together.

Was he all pie eyed over the girl, with some half baked notion he was in live with her buns?
Was she completely overwhelmed by the go faster stripes, and furry seat covers of his Vauxhall Viva?

Did her flair for flans fill the fellow with fascination, and frequent hot flushes?

Maybe he can be persuaded to tell us how he manage to capture the heart of this paragon of the bakers art.

Of course it maybe that the whole thing is too steamy to see across the kitchen.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3876804)   #763
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Probably glad to be rid of it!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3876806)   #764
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Brilliant!!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3876807)   #765
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looking at what I think is the best era of sportscar and am just lost balance on my chair at seing a 917 Langheck in Martini livery .Looks a recent pic.Been doing some research on it.My word what a car.All I need now is a 512s Coda Lunga version.What looks better,I'll never decide.How much?Haha.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 17 Jan 2019 at 19:13. Reason: Mucking around like the fool I am hahaha
Old 17 Jan 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3876809)   #766
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Compare the different methods of accessing vehicle repair and maintenance technical data via:-
  • Paper based i.e. Haynes manual.
  • Computer / Web based i.e. Autodata.
One of my latest assignments questions .
Old 17 Jan 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3876811)   #767
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Computer is obviously quicker but relies on the operator knowing the correct search terms and having clean fingers for the touch screen.

A book such as the manual is more intuitive.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3876831)   #768
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
In your country I believe the problem is different in that you have all of your Basques in one exit.
As your wife could say, this one takes the cake!!! As to people wanting to leave but to stay while leaving we have some experience with another wonderful island… If I tell you Napoleon, your tell me………

No, bauble, not Nelson!
Old 18 Jan 2019, 06:46 (Ref:3876888)   #769
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Computer is obviously quicker but relies on the operator knowing the correct search terms and having clean fingers for the touch screen.

A book such as the manual is more intuitive.
And it's much easier to take a manual across to the car than even a tablet or phone which both have a habit of switching off, re-sizing, changing picture if you catch the wrong part of the screen etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jan 2019, 07:06 (Ref:3876892)   #770
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Iain - Brexit report for you.

A lot of people got very excited because there was a vote but nothing came of it. Then there was another vote that was nothing to do with Brexit, and people got a little less excited. But nothing has come of it.

The truth is there's nothing we can do now as political types run round making themselves look ever more stupid. Just make sure you bring back some tins of spam and a couple of packets of headache pills because we're going to run out. Or not. Depends on who you believe.

Meanwhile there's lots of posing, lots of jostling for position but very little output from MPs. Maybe if they were paid by results we'd get things done.

It's too depressing, let's just go racing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jan 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3876893)   #771
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Something that us amateur mechanics can be thankful for is the smartphone. Now when we take something apart we can photograph it so we know what it looked like before we messed it up!
Old 18 Jan 2019, 07:35 (Ref:3876909)   #772
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Max . NZ update . Cars have been cleared by customs and all the cars have travelled well . Only 9 more sleeps to go and I’m on my way . 😀
Old 18 Jan 2019, 07:43 (Ref:3876910)   #773
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thank you Max . NZ update . Cars have been cleared by customs and all the cars have travelled well . Only 9 more sleeps to go and I’m on my way . 😀
Make sure you behave yourself when you get there Iain. A rather lovely family from Liverpool have just been thrown out of NZ for treating the place like home!! That is, they went shop-lifting, threw litter around etc, etc.
Old 18 Jan 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3876916)   #774
bauble
Veteran

England
A few random picks from the archives.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4978.JPG   IMG_6958.JPG   IMG_7908.JPG  

IMG_6952.JPG   IMG_7615.JPG   IMG_7816.JPG  

Old 18 Jan 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3876927)   #775
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
And it's much easier to take a manual across to the car than even a tablet or phone which both have a habit of switching off, re-sizing, changing picture if you catch the wrong part of the screen etc etc.

Also cheaper when a manual slips off the roof of the car
Closed Thread