Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Jul 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3917477)   #51
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#### stirring as usual
Old 14 Jul 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3917480)   #52
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Are those engines homologated?

Unlikely.
The engines are sealed by the TCR manufacturer (Top Run Racing/ Motorsport in Italy) and supposed to good for a whole season of racing.
Expect an engine sized air freight delivery to KR over the next week or two.

a bit about the TCR hondas in the US
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...e-r-tcr-drive/
Old 14 Jul 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3917496)   #53
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What gave you that opinion from watching the race?

I saw a race with multiple brands up the front and lots of lead changes from a variety of cars....who would want to see that as our premier series?
Yeah saw many multiple brands, however the racing was still looked slow and boring for TV coverage (only my opinion) I assume it looks a hell of alot better live !
Old 14 Jul 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3917502)   #54
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, it does.

TV doesn't do it any justice.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3917519)   #55
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the track doesn't do TCR, or any other category, justice either

The barriers are so far away, so hence the cameras are as well, that it leaves the viewer feeling quite isolated from the action
Old 14 Jul 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3917527)   #56
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, that track does nothing for me as a viewer or potential spectator. But I thought the racing was very good on the weekend, I dont get the whinging???
Old 14 Jul 2019, 22:04 (Ref:3917706)   #57
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan Cox showed up some of the so called young guns eg O'Keefe - I'm not sold on O'Keefe just doesn't seem to have enough mongrel in him
Old 14 Jul 2019, 22:50 (Ref:3917711)   #58
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I think the track doesn't do TCR, or any other category, justice either

The barriers are so far away, so hence the cameras are as well, that it leaves the viewer feeling quite isolated from the action
The track as a TV spectacle is rubbish.

It is a pity that the best facilities are found at the fourth best track in South Australia.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 23:43 (Ref:3917715)   #59
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, went out to 'The Bend' for my first taste of TCR. I must say that I was impressed.

Now don't get on your high horse about Supercars, but I saw more entertaining racing in one weekend than I have seen all year in the V8's. (With the exception of race 2 at Townsville)

No I'm not saying that TCR will sweep V8's off the map. That wont happen, There is not as much 'show' as the V8's but the simple fact is, that the TCR's at the moment are putting on good racing and is reminiscent if the type of racing we got when the V8's started in 93, 94.

You can defend the V8's as mush as you want but the fact is the racing at the moment is processional and predicatable and has been for quite a few years.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 02:15 (Ref:3917731)   #60
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Trev, how was The Bend as a spectator? On TV it seems youre a million miles away or looking through catch fencing.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 02:43 (Ref:3917734)   #61
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Probably the worst aspect of the SBS telecast - all the rest is adequate for now.
As the series grows, I would expect the broadcasting quality to step up to suit
I need to be update this opinion.

I didn't make it to the Bend, too cold when you already have a headcold, but after watching Rd 3 of this series I am officially hooked. Never expected to be either - have never been a fan of the 'smaller' cars, Always prefered the V8s / muscle cars, etc, but the TCR series is definitely entertaining. Looking forward to the next round and will likely head to the Bend for the last one.

So the SBS telecast was terrible on Sunday in particular.
A number of "outs" and bad audio synching for intros and interviews.
The pitlane reporter seems a bit out of her depth too. I recognise her from the last 12hour or 6 hour (?) and recall a few mixups with her interviewing.

The series deserves a better quality of broadcasting already I think....the racing is good, some known names turning up to race, just need to show everyone now without it being clunky.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 03:33 (Ref:3917740)   #62
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
Jordan Cox showed up some of the so called young guns
I'm hoping he gets another go, hell of a good debut.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 04:25 (Ref:3917742)   #63
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Hey Trev, how was The Bend as a spectator? On TV it seems youre a million miles away or looking through catch fencing.
Hey Mayhem, It has it's good and bad points. Yes you are a fair way back from the circuit. I assume this is all to do with building a new track to FIA regs. there is catch fence all the way from turn 17 to down the front straight.

I'll work my way around the track. the main straight, On Non V8 days you can get to elevated areas above the pits at either end that provide excellent views.

The Front straight grand stand is behind a large catch fence.

The car parking mounds behind turn 1/2 provide a good view of the main straight all the way to turn 5.

The car park mounds from turn 3 to 6 aren't to bad but the way the track elevation works it depends where you are how much track you can see. You are quite close to the track here

The hairpin at turn 6 is not visible, the track drops down and is behind a big dirt mound. so that is disappointing.

You can see the cars from turn 6 up over the rise till they drop away from sight at turn 8. You are fairly close here.

If you walk out the back as far as you can. You can see the cars come over turn 8 through to turn 10, but you are a long way from the circuit here.

The next section you can get to is the 'Bull Pen' at turn 14/15/16. I thought this section would be awesome for viewing, but it is probably the worst. Even though you are close, The cars disappear from view a lot and the entire area is surrounded by catch fence.

You can get close to the circuit along the straight between 16 and 17 Or in the grandstand. The view is unobstructed and their is a 'mini skyline' as the cars come over turn 16 and you can see from 16 all they way to the main straight.

Pretty much the same for the grandstand at 17/18 except you are looking through some catch fence. But you are high and can see over it.

Turn 18 you can't see much due to circuit camber. a big mound or grand stand here would be good as it is currently flat hindering the view.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 04:30 (Ref:3917743)   #64
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Thanks mate, it actually sounds better than I gave it credit for. Was wondering if it was ever worth a visit photography wise.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 04:31 (Ref:3917744)   #65
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I’m very much enjoying the series as you fight for position out on track. Having a pitstop in short Supercars races has really turned me off the series as when I first got into Supercars in the late 90s they were good short sprints with no pitstop. So TCR reminds me of that time.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 06:24 (Ref:3917749)   #66
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Thanks mate, it actually sounds better than I gave it credit for. Was wondering if it was ever worth a visit photography wise.
Yeah, It's OK, You need a big lens in some places tho. If I pull my finger out I'll post some from the weekend.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3917822)   #67
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturi View Post
No, replacing windows with polycarbonate is fine according to the regs

'Plastic windscreen (polycarbonate or PMMA ensuring the same transparency as the original glass) with the same shape ofthe reference part, with or without heating with minimum thickness 5.85mm is allowed.'

Section 4.2 - http://www.tcr-series.com/pdf/2019_T...2019_01_19.pdf
Windscreen. The front bit, usually. Rear window is not generally considered a windscreen? From a safety point of view, polycarbonate windows are very difficult to get into in a hurry which is why generally windows other than the front are generally kept as glass. Conversely, there are definite advantages to having a plastic front window which gives better impact resistance.