Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 Apr 2003, 02:17 (Ref:570699)   #1
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good Racing Movies

It's been a long night, and while I was flipping through the channels I saw that one of the HBO channels was showing Driven, the biggest excuse of a film that has ever been made. Bad acting, bad script, bad cinematography, bad score, and the most unrealistic portrayal of a sport of all time, short of those monkey playing sports movies.

After watching this, as well as Grand Prix (which Driven shamelessly copies) a week ago during a "best of James Garner" day on some classic movie channel, I want to know what it would take to make a decent movie on racing, one where the director doesn't put in some ridiculous computer-generated crash sequences that would decapitate someone in real life every thirty seconds, or whose editors' shoddy cut-and-paste methods overlook some obvious errors (I still remember that scene in Days of Thunder where the caption says "Rockingham, N.C.," but the wall in the background clearly says "Daytona USA"), one that does not contain a ludicrous street race scene (it will be a cold day in the Sahara when I see Bill Elliott and Tony Stewart dragging down the 400 toward Atlanta), and one that doesn't concentrate so heavily on a love triangle between the two rival drivers and some big-chested blonde model.