Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will be the 2019 VASC Series Winning Driver?
#2 Mobil1/Mega, WAU Holden - Scott Pye 0 0%
#3 Rabble Club, KR Nissan - Garry Jacobson 0 0%
#5 The Bottle O, Tickford Ford - Lee Holdsworth 0 0%
#6 Monster Energy, Tickford Ford - Cam Waters 0 0%
#7 Kelly Racing, KR Nissan - Andre Heimgartner 0 0%
#8 Brad Jones Racing, BJR Holden - Nick Percat 0 0%
#9 Penrite Racing, Erebus Holden - David Reynolds 9 23.08%
#12 Shell V Power, DJRTP Ford - Fabian Coulthard 0 0%
#14 Freightliner, BJR Holden - Tim Slade 0 0%
#15 Castrol Racing, KR Nissan - Rick Kelly 0 0%
#17 Shell V Power, DJRTP Ford - Scott McLaughlin 17 43.59%
#18 Irwin Racing, Chasports Holden - Mark Winterbottom 1 2.56%
#19 Truck Assist, Tekno Holden - Jack Le Brocq 0 0%
#21 Cooldrive Auto Parts, BJR Holden - Macauley Jones 0 0%
#22 Mobil1/Mega, WAU Holden - James Courtney 0 0%
#23 Milwaukee Racing, 23Red Ford - Will Davison 0 0%
#33 Boost Mobile, GRM Holden - Richie Stanaway 0 0%
#34 Boost Mobile, GRM Holden - James Golding 1 2.56%
#35 Optus Racing, MSR Holden - Todd Hazelwood 0 0%
#55 SuperCheap Auto, Tickford Ford - Chaz Mostert 2 5.13%
#78 Harvey Norman, KR Nissan - Simona De Silvestro 0 0%
#88 Red Bull Holden, RBHRT Holden - Jamie Whincup 2 5.13%
#97 Red Bull Holden, RBHRT Holden - Shane Van Gisbergen 7 17.95%
#99 Penrite Racing, Erebus Holden - Anton de Pasquale 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 May 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3901465)   #1626
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
RD tries as much as he can to slow Fords down and... he hasn't succeeded.
You'd think the two revisions lobbied for, and successfully applied against the Mustang, would have bought enough time to sort out the 888 linear spring issue; but seemingly not
Old 3 May 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3901485)   #1627
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
You'd think the two revisions lobbied for, and successfully applied against the Mustang, would have bought enough time to sort out the 888 linear spring issue; but seemingly not
Technical parity has been reached, DJR/TP are just too good!!!
Old 3 May 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3901510)   #1628
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Technical parity has been reached, DJR/TP are just too good!!!
What that have done over that short amount of time has been nothing but professionalism and must be embarrasing considering a number of teams have been doing this for years and not accomplished what they have done in this amount of time. I know some will say oh yes but Penske still have the back up and support back in USA, but so do many other teams. Congrats to them and if Scotty aint racing in USA in 2020 it will be 2021 for sure !!!!
Old 3 May 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3901561)   #1629
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree. They have taken V8 Supercars by storm. They have engineered their cars well and that should be applauded. They’ve got that advantage, so why not use it? The other teams can catch up. It’s still close racing and I look forward to hearing more
Old 3 May 2019, 22:03 (Ref:3901604)   #1630
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
What that has done over that short amount of time has been nothing but professionalism and must be embarrasing considering a number of teams have been doing this for years and not accomplished what they have done in this amount of time. I know some will say oh yes but Penske still have the back up and support back in USA, but so do many other teams. Congrats to them and if Scotty aint racing in USA in 2020 it will be 2021 for sure !!!!
Professional it is, very much the way the world works, defiantly in the business word for sure. But would you install the same values into little Johnny? maybe you would but I bet you wouldn't boast to family and friends or his teachers, that these are the life skills we're teaching our kids.

Penske came in to the championship and pinpointed their number one rival, then pinpointed their number one technical brain in the team and then poached him. I'd have more respect for them if they had recruited and build their success from with in the team. They have done very well and are now a well oiled team, but some of the success was bought. Fact!
Old 3 May 2019, 22:33 (Ref:3901611)   #1631
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Penske came in to the championship and pinpointed their number one rival, then pinpointed their number one technical brain in the team and then poached him. I'd have more respect for them if they had recruited and build their success from with in the team. They have done very well and are now a well oiled team, but some of the success was bought. Fact!
So pretty much followed the 888 template.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 3 May 2019, 23:02 (Ref:3901613)   #1632
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
So pretty much followed the 888 template.

I didn't realise 888 had poached Ludo from a rival Supercar team?
Maybe you can list the other superstar personnel 888 poached that had a considerable impact on their early success.
Old 3 May 2019, 23:10 (Ref:3901614)   #1633
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Campbell Little?
Old 3 May 2019, 23:25 (Ref:3901616)   #1634
M91
Rookie

M91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridM91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
If Ludo was telling the truth, it was him that approached Penske. That isn't poaching. It's simply the same thing that has happened at Triple8 for years, they are a highly professional and successful organisation which means everyone wants to work for them.
Old 3 May 2019, 23:28 (Ref:3901617)   #1635
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Campbell Little?
Yep. RD hadn't even been in the country 2 months when he grabbed SBR's technical director.

Ambrose mentioned in an interview a few years later. He was approached by RD at the same.

Old 3 May 2019, 23:42 (Ref:3901618)   #1636
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Very convenient answers, pity they have little subsistence. I said superstar personnel who had a considerable impact on their early success. Not mercenary's or no names.
Old 3 May 2019, 23:46 (Ref:3901620)   #1637
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must say, the tit-for-tat Triple Eight/DJRTP arguements are getting pretty old now.
Old 3 May 2019, 23:46 (Ref:3901621)   #1638
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Frosty wasn't happy with TR's performance, you'd have to wonder how long he will want to endure the lack of results that come with team 18.

Perhaps this is why he was trying to amend his previous comments made against TR last year - to keep his options open
Old 3 May 2019, 23:53 (Ref:3901623)   #1639
Driver TBA
Veteran

Like it or not, 888 turned up with a big cheque book and waved it around. Recruited from within the industry and invested heavily in rescources. Dwarfing anything anyone had done before and raised the bar.

12 years later someone else has turned up and gone bigger and going bigger was the only way to topple 888.

Old 3 May 2019, 23:55 (Ref:3901624)   #1640
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
I must say, the tit-for-tat Triple Eight/DJRTP arguements are getting pretty old now.
So why involve yourself with the Campbell Little post. Can't come up with anything better so you are now taking your ball home.
Old 3 May 2019, 23:57 (Ref:3901625)   #1641
Umai Naa
Veteran

I stated the obvious, and then I got bored.

Fin.
Old 4 May 2019, 00:48 (Ref:3901631)   #1642
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
I stated the obvious, and then I got bored.

Fin.
You stated nothing. My post was not a DJR/TP vs 888 it was turned into that. The DJR/TP TEAM! is number1 in pitlane 888 is not. And I'm not talking pit position before someone has to point that out.

Fin
Old 4 May 2019, 01:14 (Ref:3901632)   #1643
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
And to Further add to my post, to have Roger Penske and the Big Boys from USA engaging with the fans in Perth being involved is fantastic. Everything about them is professionalism from the top down and the cream on the cake is Scotty Mac, he seems to carry the same mantle and persona of PB and CL. A credit to himself.
Old 4 May 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3901858)   #1644
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree. This is great for the series. Having that link up makes others raise their game. What a combination. There is more to come
Old 8 May 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3902588)   #1645
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And to Further add to my post, to have Roger Penske and the Big Boys from USA engaging with the fans in Perth being involved is fantastic.
Roger always tries to get to Perth. It's an important business centre for him, the corporate hospitality there is probably more important to him than even Bathurst.
Old 8 May 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3902589)   #1646
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What that have done over that short amount of time has been nothing but professionalism and must be embarrasing considering a number of teams have been doing this for years and not accomplished what they have done in this amount of time. I know some will say oh yes but Penske still have the back up and support back in USA, but so do many other teams.
So what is the excuse for Walkinshaw Andretti United?
Old 8 May 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3902622)   #1647
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Roger always tries to get to Perth. It's an important business center for him, the corporate hospitality there is probably more important to him than even Bathurst.
He doesnt do the corporate in Perth from what Ive seen, he is always in the pit bunker when I go past.. Perth Corporates were definitely down this year IMHO.
Old 8 May 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3902624)   #1648
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
So what is the excuse for Walkinshaw Andretti United?
None whatsoever, servery failing, especially with their behind the scene support and backers. A shadow of their former self who look in dissaray.
Old 10 May 2019, 01:13 (Ref:3902887)   #1649
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
None whatsoever, servery failing, especially with their behind the scene support and backers. A shadow of their former self who look in dissaray.
Time for a complete shake of the tree at Clayton, drivers and all.

I'm not a fan of JC, have never been, mainly through lack of interest in what he was doing O/S. But since he's come into the category, he didn't get anywhere with SBR, managed to string something at DJR with a T8 chassis, then Clayton thought they could buy their way to another championship with him coming over. Obviously hasn't happened, not going to happen. Some guys just need to realise it's time to walk away.
Old 10 May 2019, 02:18 (Ref:3902889)   #1650
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Time for a complete shake of the tree at Clayton, drivers and all.

I'm not a fan of JC, have never been, mainly through lack of interest in what he was doing O/S. But since he's come into the category, he didn't get anywhere with SBR, managed to string something at DJR with a T8 chassis, then Clayton thought they could buy their way to another championship with him coming over. Obviously hasn't happened, not going to happen. Some guys just need to realise it's time to walk away.
Wait, People are willing to pay him (reportedly) large sums of money to drive, and he should just walk away? When there is nothing down the career track that will pay as much as he is (reportedly) getting now?

As long as he is enjoying what he does, and is employed, why should he walk away?

Thats not to say he will be employed...