Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3415896)   #1
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Television & streaming & Shirt

An attempt to put all in one thread, because there are now at least three separate threads and content will eventually get mixed up anyway.

Since I can't edit post later just some basic info:

Television:
- Eurosport, duh
- Fox: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...mans-coverage/

Streaming
- http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=600
* official WEC streaming (mobile apps or desktop)
* Eurosport Player
+ usual random unofficial ones

It is possible that fiawec.com has not fixed the security loophole, which has so far made it possible to watch the feed and sniff the link to it without paying.

Confirmed: WEC feed won't have RLM comms:

http://radiolemans.0157.org/content/...2014-streaming

Last edited by deggis; 5 Jun 2014 at 19:48.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3415932)   #2
arepb
Rookie

United States
California
arepb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feel free to grab or use any of the streaming things that I've compiled to date below. More to come as they are made available in the coming weeks:

http://reillybrennan.com/post/878742...eaming-all-the
Old 5 Jun 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3415934)   #3
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arepb View Post
Feel free to grab or use any of the streaming things that I've compiled to date below. More to come as they are made available in the coming weeks:

http://reillybrennan.com/post/878742...eaming-all-the
Since that post is probably going to get quite a few page hits, you could clarify that there is the ACO Dailymotion feed and there is the paid service (desktop, Android or iOS). So, "official ACO" could mean two things. Free one is just studio feed familiar from past years, half of it in French.

Quote:
Eurosport: Last year we...
That link is dead and will be dead. It came directly from Eurosport Player and the links have changed.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3415953)   #4
arepb
Rookie

United States
California
arepb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Since that post is probably going to get quite a few page hits, you could clarify that there is the ACO Dailymotion feed and there is the paid service (desktop, Android or iOS). So, "official ACO" could mean two things. Free one is just studio feed familiar from past years, half of it in French.
Thanks, good edits. I changed it to reflect this.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3415948)   #5
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will the paid service be on desktop certain? I had heard otherwise elsewhere in the forum. Would be bizarre if it wasn't.

Now that we're paying do you think we can go the whole race without the stream cutting out? Are we paying for better equipment or to line someone's pockets?
Old 5 Jun 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3415962)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Will the paid service be on desktop certain? I had heard otherwise elsewhere in the forum. Would be bizarre if it wasn't.
Not sure what speculation you're referring to but now reading this again it is a bit vague... no mention of desktop or links to where to get it.

WEC service does have that desktop version, but then again this probably isn't technically 100% same anyway.

Last edited by deggis; 5 Jun 2014 at 22:56.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 03:50 (Ref:3416024)   #7
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Again this year I am going to hope that someone posts links to the Eurosport UK and continental feeds. I am doubting the WEC feed will work on the desktop like it did for Silverstone and Spa. We get the first 8 hrs of the race in Canada and the last 10, all on SPEED (the various FOX feeds) but with a ton of commercials and a 6 hour gap in the middle.
I love RLM but you cannot hear the cars if you use their audio over a TV feed muted.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3416178)   #8
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excuse what is probably an oversight on my part regarding the WEC app. Do I have to wait till the eleventh of June before I can pay to watch the race? I can't seem to find where I can opt to pay for the pleasure of watching the whole race.

Old 6 Jun 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3416184)   #9
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Excuse what is probably an oversight on my part regarding the WEC app. Do I have to wait till the eleventh of June before I can pay to watch the race? I can't seem to find where I can opt to pay for the pleasure of watching the whole race.

That's what it says on the website. Pretty stupid.
Old 14 Jun 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3420171)   #10
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Again this year I am going to hope that someone posts links to the Eurosport UK and continental feeds. I am doubting the WEC feed will work on the desktop like it did for Silverstone and Spa. We get the first 8 hrs of the race in Canada and the last 10, all on SPEED (the various FOX feeds) but with a ton of commercials and a 6 hour gap in the middle.
I love RLM but you cannot hear the cars if you use their audio over a TV feed muted.
Out of interest, do you still get SPEED in your part of our fine country? There is no such animal here in southern Ontario any more... and thus no way to watch any of Le Mans on television. Unbelievable. Enraging. Irritating.

I blame Rogers. And NASCAR. And various other organizations.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3416595)   #11
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eurosport Player makes further mockery out of the ACO service. On top of the things we already know (cheaper, more air time, more sessions, ondemand, not restricted to just one device etc):

http://www.endurance-info.com/en/fol...hours-in-full/
Enjoy comprehensive coverage of the world’s greatest endurance race with live coverage on 7 bonus channels, including 5 on-board cameras and an uninterrupted live race feed. Take control of the race with the Live broadcast control and rewind up to 3 hours or re-live all the best moments of the race with extensive video on demand.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3416645)   #12
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Eurosport Player makes further mockery out of the ACO service. On top of the things we already know (cheaper, more air time, more sessions, ondemand, not restricted to just one device etc):

http://www.endurance-info.com/en/fol...hours-in-full/
Enjoy comprehensive coverage of the world’s greatest endurance race with live coverage on 7 bonus channels, including 5 on-board cameras and an uninterrupted live race feed. Take control of the race with the Live broadcast control and rewind up to 3 hours or re-live all the best moments of the race with extensive video on demand.
For 6 quid that's pretty incredible!
Old 7 Jun 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3416600)   #13
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
an uninterrupted live race feed
This is good.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3416603)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In all likelihood with natural sounds.

The 3 hour rewind feature is handy if the stream cracks at some point by whatever reason -> you can go back to where it left
Old 7 Jun 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3416641)   #15
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nismo TV will be there too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzv1...em-subs_digest

Old 7 Jun 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3416646)   #16
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
iirc last year (or 2012) this was just a some pit garage footage with interviews and a mini studio, so no actual race coverage.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3416652)   #17
Deleted
Veteran

So similar to Pug's former web service for the race
Old 7 Jun 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3416698)   #18
mike46and2
Rookie

mike46and2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the FIA app work o a desk top? Could you switch between a Imac and Iphone? Or even just use Imac?
Old 7 Jun 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3416719)   #19
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike46and2 View Post
Does the FIA app work o a desk top?
Not even ACO seems to know right now, the news about the app does not mention or refer to desktop in any way.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 03:14 (Ref:3416771)   #20
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
You could run an Android emulator on your PC.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 04:09 (Ref:3416785)   #21
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
You could run an Android emulator on your PC.
I guess, but I wouldn't expect very smooth performance.

Last edited by deggis; 8 Jun 2014 at 04:16.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3416824)   #22
Deleted
Veteran

Finally officially officially confirmed: NO CARLTON KIRBY
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=32270

Even better than lack of Pruett on Fox Sports.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3416838)   #23
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
not sure what we'll get to see, but scrutineering appears to be live on ACO's Dailymotion

Old 8 Jun 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3416864)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

It's the same thing as last year, as in Ben Constanduros and that French bloke interviewing drivers/teams/whoever and occassional glimpses of the scrutineering process

Last year's Monday LM 24 Minutes also covered a bit of the scrutineering. And obviously RLM does their usual special podcast
Old 8 Jun 2014, 13:51 (Ref:3416906)   #25
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Canadian TV Coverage confirmed for those who have Speed (not many)

ET
8.30am - 5pm
5-11 pm (NASCAR)
11pm-9.00am Sunday (one hopes we might see the finish, but the podium seems less likely).

Not great to have six hours missing. Time will tell if the EPG stays the same. No web, social media or conctact details for Speed Canada.