Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 8 May 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3403929)   #226
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I'm no expert but as far as I know it i complys with P1 rules but is designed for the ZEOD, like Deltawing wrote: "And this is actually how you can see that Nissan was very serious about the ZEOD - they did not simply go and take any existing tub, but made a new and unique one, specifically to suit the uniqueness of the ZEOD's shape."

Which is why also I'm very confused why he's being so critical of the few who pointed out it might not be the best choice for a P1 project..
Pink, The ZEOD is a car built out of the 2014 rules, agree on that? As such, they could have made a tub that is very different from the P1/P2 style tubs. They could have put the driver to sit in the center (like the DWC does!), etc. As long as the tub passes the tests and is considered safe, they could have done a lot of things which other teams can not, because of the rules. Agree on that?

Yet, they decided to build the ZEOD with a tub that could very well be installed in a P1 car, with perhaps slight modifications to the front of the tub (depending on which exact car you were bolting it on).

And nothing of the above has any bearing whatsoever with any potential P1 program! And this is where I am "critical" with the two users, because they somehow managed to morph the ZEOD tub with Nissan not being serious with their P1 entry. If Nissan goes into P1, they are going to build an entirely new tub, agree on that?

Nissan can still chose to use part of the ZEOD tub and modify only part of the tub to fit their future car, but that means a completely new tub, because they are going to use the tool, make modification to such tool and bake a new tub, which will look different, even if there may be some parts that look like the old tub - that is entirely up to them, but my point is you can not be looking at the ZEOD tub and conclude their potential P1 program is not serious because of how the ZEOD tub looks... do you agree on that?
Old 8 May 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3403931)   #227
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
He was talking about IF they would use the same tub for a prospective P1 car, it would say something about how serious they are with the P1 project. If I haven't misunderstood the whole thing..
No, you have not misunderstood.... and that was my question, to explain how the use of the ZEOD tub automatically means they are not serious?
Old 9 May 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3403974)   #228
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My understanding is that the ZEOD tub is optimized for the ZEOD layout, and as such would likely Not be optimized for a more conventional chassis, particularly one which would probably have an electric motor and front driveshafts.

The point I thought was being made, was that if Nissan were to cut corners and try to make a completely different design use the ZEOD design as a base, that would show Nissan wasn't serious about the new P1---saving a few dollars by trying to adapt a completely foreign design would show that Nissan wasn't going all out on the new-for-2015 P1.

Whether or not the ZEOD complies with P1 rules means nothing. The old front-engine Panoz chassis was rules-compliant but wouldn't have been much use for the subsequent mid-engine design.
Old 9 May 2014, 04:34 (Ref:3403987)   #229
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If they want to make a new tub or chassis, they will. Im just waiting for more news that is from Nissan. If theyre going to p1, they have to announce it soon. Within a month is Le Mans. Maybe there, along with the zeod, an announcement will take place.
Old 9 May 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3404041)   #230
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There is always the chance that Nissan knew they were going to build the P1 and had done the basic design at the time they designed the Zeod and therefore considered that fact when building the tub.

It doesn't look likely but I am no expert
Old 9 May 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3404094)   #231
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
My understanding is that the ZEOD tub is optimized for the ZEOD layout, and as such would likely Not be optimized for a more conventional chassis, particularly one which would probably have an electric motor and front driveshafts.

The point I thought was being made, was that if Nissan were to cut corners and try to make a completely different design use the ZEOD design as a base, that would show Nissan wasn't serious about the new P1---saving a few dollars by trying to adapt a completely foreign design would show that Nissan wasn't going all out on the new-for-2015 P1.

Whether or not the ZEOD complies with P1 rules means nothing. The old front-engine Panoz chassis was rules-compliant but wouldn't have been much use for the subsequent mid-engine design.
This is exactly what I was trying to say, not anything about the seriousness of the current ZEOD.
Old 14 May 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3406242)   #232
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Major Nissan announcement in London on May 23. And the teaser picture screams out Le Mans 2015. http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le-...mai-a-londres/
Old 14 May 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3406258)   #233
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They're going to need drivers. Unless Ordonez becomes the Makowiecki of LMP1. Tip hat to James Rossiter?
Old 14 May 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3406262)   #234
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'm expecting Krumm, Motoyama, Ordonez, Lancaster, Reip, Mardenborough, Kimber-Smith, Shulzhitskiy, John Martin, Turvey, and Dolby all battling for those six spots on the team (assuming they will have 2 cars).
I expect Krumm, Ordóñez, Kimber-Smith, John Martin, and Turvey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'd like to see the paint scheme in white and blue as well...
Nismo colours are black and red.
Old 14 May 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3406269)   #235
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edit already beaten lol

Pretty much confirmed?
Old 14 May 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3406272)   #236
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the French map there it's now obvious that it's for Le Mans (unless they're needlesly building up the hype for their participation in French GT Championship with field of GT3 Nissans ) however I'm still not 100% convinced of factory LMP1. Blame their notorius PR department for not having complete trust.

Theory: With Nismo backing up Oak LMP2 coupe with their stickers and drivers and Oak having silently withdrawn from the P1 privateer field - could Oak and Nissan be producing the -proposed- P1 factory car together? Or Oak would help as Oreca does Toyota?

I would really hate if Hindy would start saying "I told you so - revealed on RLM years ago" if this happened. Because everybody knows the initial Darren Cox "announcement" when the ZEOD was launched had absolutely nothing going for it
Old 14 May 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3406273)   #237
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
With the French map there it's now obvious that it's for Le Mans (unless they're needlesly building up the hype for their participation in French GT Championship with field of GT3 Nissans ) however I'm still not 100% convinced of factory LMP1. Blame their notorius PR department for not having complete trust.

Theory: With Nismo backing up Oak LMP2 coupe with their stickers and drivers and Oak having silently withdrawn from the P1 privateer field - could Oak and Nissan be producing the -proposed- P1 factory car together? Or Oak would work as Oreca does for Toyota?
MulsanneMike has been tweeting recently that the car will (most likely) be built by AAR (Dan Gurney's company). Maybe Oak would be running the car, but that remains to be seen.
Old 14 May 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3406274)   #238
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Well I saw rumour AAR could be involved with the chassis from Mike Fuller IIRC.
Old 14 May 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3406275)   #239
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'Most likely' does not sound definite.
Old 14 May 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3406276)   #240
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
'Most likely' does not sound definite.
I put in "most likely" because it doesn't sound confirmed, but MulsanneMike is not part of the Nissan PR machine, so on that scale, he should be a far more trustworthy source. :P
Old 14 May 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3406277)   #241
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I put in "most likely" because it doesn't sound confirmed, but MulsanneMike is not part of the Nissan PR machine, so on that scale, he should be a far more trustworthy source. :P
Fair enough
Old 14 May 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3406287)   #242
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
New rumors are Nissan will announce its lmp1 in Japan the 23rd of this month according to Autohebdo. 2= ni 3= san (Ni san) and 23 is a famous # for Nissan. I wonder if theres truth to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Major Nissan announcement in London on May 23. And the teaser picture screams out Le Mans 2015. http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le-...mai-a-londres/
Well, they werent lying! 23rd it is. This scoop was picked up a while back. Seems it was just finding time to announce it.
Old 14 May 2014, 17:58 (Ref:3406311)   #243
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm very interested to see what they have to say about their approach to LMP1. I feel like there will be 'something' unique about this given it's Nissan.

Yet again it's a Nissan announcement we'll all be tuning into and probably debating over for months.

Four works LMP1 teams is an utterly mouthwatering prospect. That's 9-10 cars!
Old 14 May 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3406313)   #244
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Floodgates were opened when petrol took it to diesel.
Old 14 May 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3406317)   #245
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That's 9-10 cars!
Weren't there 9 works cars at Le Mans just 5 years ago?

But yes it does sound good if comes true.
Old 14 May 2014, 19:08 (Ref:3406343)   #246
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Weren't there 9 works cars at Le Mans just 5 years ago?

But yes it does sound good if comes true.
yes but honestly the lola-aston was in the middle between audi-peugeot and private lmp1 teams, AMR could not stand against diesel monsters.
Old 14 May 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3406347)   #247
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
With all Nissan's comments about being the 'bad boy' and wanting to push the boundaries of the rules I'm very interested to see what they've designed.

[Assuming it is P1]
Old 14 May 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3406364)   #248
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
With all Nissan's comments about being the 'bad boy' and wanting to push the boundaries of the rules I'm very interested to see what they've designed.

[Assuming it is P1]

(not meant to offend anyone - just a lil' bit of fun - so don't crucify me again )
Old 14 May 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3406379)   #249
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

(not meant to offend anyone - just a lil' bit of fun - so don't crucify me again )
Old 14 May 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3406394)   #250
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Would love to have a go at the RLM comp to be there but I have a bloody revision session at the same time :'(
Closed Thread