Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Jun 2018, 02:47 (Ref:3826667)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I'll be waiting for the stream to be posted to watch, like usual.

Yeah, I get the whole bad coverage thing; I guess it just gives me a reason to miss cable TV that much less.

I really don't understand the ire that gets leveled at Belle Isle. Yes, it's not Road America, and no, it doesn't have palm trees like Long Beach. But seriously, the racing there isn't THAT bad, especially since they went back to the long course in 2013. "A Monaco-style parade", no, that would be the 1982 variant of the downtown street circuit, maybe.
Well, watch the race before you say you don't understand the Monaco comparison.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3826731)   #27
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
On to Watkins Glen. Perhaps IMSA needs to re-evaluate Detroit, it is by far the least viewed race during the season. It is like this every year. Look at all of the youtube race replays for the past couple years. Detroit is always the lowest and like I said by a long shot. I did not follow the race at all last weekend aside from looking at the results spreadsheet. For me its because GTLM is not in the race. I just don't care if they are not in it. GTD is cool of course but why follow that when you got Blancpain GT the same weekend, especially with only so much time of the day to watch racing..
Old 4 Jun 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3826831)   #28
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The Indy Car races weren't processions, and that's only a single class running by itself. With multiple classes, it's not really possible for there to be less action.

And honestly, there just seems to be this thing that people rag on Belle Isle that I don't get. So it's not a permanent circuit. So what? Neither is Montreal, or Melbourne. In IMSA specifically, they also run Long Beach. Again, it would be one thing if they were still running that course downtown, and it would make a bit more sense even if they were just using the short course on Belle Isle, but they're not.

It's like asking, "Why don't you like the course on Belle Isle?" and getting "Because..." as an answer. That's not a reason. And I'm not targeting IMSA with this; it just seems like an unusually high proportion of people in general rag on Detroit, "just because". And particularly with the long course being the one in use, the criticism just doesn't make sense.

As for viewership, yeah, I can see there being drop-off because of GTLM not being there. I'll have to look again at the exact numbers.

Last edited by Purist; 4 Jun 2018 at 18:37.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3827132)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant stuff from Magnus as usual, it is a choose your own adventure style recap of the race.

https://twitter.com/MagnusRacing/sta...159570437?s=19
Old 7 Jun 2018, 02:27 (Ref:3827296)   #30
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hahahaha. Blame the tires and it takes you to TRG's site.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 23:49 (Ref:3827545)   #31
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Yahoo! Roku!
Old 9 Jun 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3827890)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Yahoo! Roku!
^this. Took me all week but finally squeezed this up last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I recorded the Fox sports broadcast and watched it on delay. I hate having to do this because I can't listen to the Imsa radio stream or follow T& S.

I was amazed how bad the coverage was. The announcers do a pretty good job, and this was no exception, but the overall production was bad and it was difficult to follow what was actually going on. Some examples, the scrolling leaderboard on the top of the screen was often wrong. Not sure why it was taking multiple laps at times to catch up to the onscreen action. We also missed the final lead change during commercial breaks with little reference and no replay of what happened. I'm still unsure how the 31 jumped to the lead with their pit strategy.

Overall, I liked seeing the cars there but won't be upset if they never race at Detroit again. It is a Monaco style parade. And the penalty on the 99 was bad.
Do yourself a favor. Cut the cord. IMSA Roku. I've watched most races this year that way. No commercials. No Fux. Enough timing there.....