Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:24 (Ref:916382)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champion in the Dark

This photo by Mags is amazing. It hardly looks like the same car!
Attached Thumbnails
38 audi glow.little.jpg  
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:28 (Ref:916756)   #2
Carse
Racer

Carse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that is a similar photo in the le mans 2003 review of the race book. very good. excellent photography!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:23 (Ref:916844)   #3
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
They were the first to use the reflective material on the cars as far as I remember. Always great for a night shot. My vote for favorite livery!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:26 (Ref:916850)   #4
Carse
Racer

yeah it is good! Not as innovative as the dome though! imagine if all the white rectangles on the car were reflective! that would be a good photo!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:37 (Ref:916875)   #5
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They were the first to use the reflective material on the cars as far as I remember.
Noooo, I'm sure that stuff has been around for donkeys years, although I can't deny it looks stunning on the photo.
I always thought the subliminaly flashing signs were great, but don't think I've seen any for a while. Maybe they've gone out of fashion or have become too subliminal. The cynical answer I suppose is that they can't be photographed...
H
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:45 (Ref:916889)   #6
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or the Toyota badges in the wheels of the CART cars that ran Toyota engines where if they braked and the discs lit up the badge would become visual! That always looked good but no other teams used the device I don't think. But you can easily apply it to any sort of car racing.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:53 (Ref:916897)   #7
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the toyota wheel thingies looked great. I was in the pits when they were running them at Rockingham and had a good close up look at them on the spare wheels. Fiendishly simple, basically just three diodes. I think "hello Mom" would be nice.
H
Old 23 Mar 2004, 20:19 (Ref:917025)   #8
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant photo, Mags. Thanks for posting it Liz.

More??? Please.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 22:44 (Ref:917178)   #9
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Certainly luminous panels were used all the way back to the early seventies for car numbers. I remember Ferrari using them on the 512's and 312's, along with a little light to shine on it. But, as I remember the Champion Porsche that ran IMSA in early 90's with Stuck as one of the drivers, were the first to affixe the reflective material in graphic fashion, purely for the effect at night. I am sure they ran it in 94, and possibly before.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 18:46 (Ref:918237)   #10
Carse
Racer

The alex job/peterson white lightening porsche 996-gt3rs used reflective material to at '03 lm. that looked good!
Old 24 Mar 2004, 18:55 (Ref:918244)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Champion in the Dark

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
This photo by Mags is amazing. It hardly looks like the same car!

Great shot. I got one similar to that from the Welcome Area last year (one of the few places where someone who isn't media accredited can have a half chance of decent shots without fencing in the way), but you have to be quick to catch the cars - unfortunately a tree partly obscures the back of my shot - so its in the bin, sadly.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 19:09 (Ref:918257)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You will not be having that problem this year Ayse. Fantastic shot BTW.
Old 25 Mar 2004, 06:13 (Ref:918762)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
There was some flashy Porsches too last year...
Old 25 Mar 2004, 12:23 (Ref:919039)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one is also kind of cool.
Attached Thumbnails
rand racing 7 leads ferrari dark.little.jpg  
Old 25 Mar 2004, 19:53 (Ref:919395)   #15
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
There was some flashy Porsches too last year...
I have to admit the usefulness of having a pits grandstand ticket for this kind of shots.
(see GS thread).