Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2001, 19:04 (Ref:91964)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Bravo!

Finally... for the first time since 1992, I have a driver to cheer in F1!

I've always been a huge Montoya fan - especially his 1999 season in CART - and had been excitedly awaiting his arrival on the F1 scene for some time.

Well he's here and today, once again, he proved he can mix it with the best in the business... and I tell you what, the cheer which went up in the Paddock Bar at Silverstone today when he went racing with Schumi was well earned...

This boy is a racer, he has Michael ruffled, he has the respect of the fans, and he has me tuning into F1 again... this guys is a winner - and don't forget that!

Go JPM!
Old 13 May 2001, 19:33 (Ref:91989)   #2
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's another driver like that in F1,the only thing is: he has'nt got the car to do the job: Jos Verstappen, put him in a Williams or a Mclaren and F1 will never be the same again, see the way he overtook Irv and DC on lap 1, sure his car was lighter, BUT: he also has 40 BHP less.

[editted for oversized image]

http://home.wanadoo.nl/sjaguera/Jos-01-24.jpg
Old 13 May 2001, 19:39 (Ref:91995)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Craig I'm the same, I had no one to cheer when Mr Hill retired in '99 but JPM struck me as a guy to admire. For the record this is also the first non-brit I've supported so he must be good. (Long live Mansell and Damon )
Old 13 May 2001, 19:47 (Ref:92001)   #4
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You only need to look at Irvine, Bunsen or Villeneuve to see what a difference a car makes to one's performance.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 13 May 2001, 20:55 (Ref:92040)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Why could the Michelins last long enough in the previous race for Ralf to win, and then they are no good for this race? What hte heck is wrong with hte tyres? And was the retirement for both Williams caused by TRACS? I am extremely disappointed that JPM did not win.
Old 13 May 2001, 21:05 (Ref:92044)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure they are developing new tyre compounds or each race at the moment, that would explain what happened. The slow down was a little unacceptable though I felt.
Old 13 May 2001, 21:26 (Ref:92056)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were kind of expecting it, though, if you look at the pre race comments, especially those by Ralf. They were not expecting this to be a good track for them.

As for Montoya:
Old 14 May 2001, 16:56 (Ref:92382)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why didn't they run scrub tyres??
Old 14 May 2001, 17:10 (Ref:92398)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Montoya made the quote of the race when he said "If they can't get by on their own, they should get out."

I've liked him since the day he pulled the same move on Mikey Andretti and was told off by same, only to laugh in his face and go on to win the championship. Nice to see another guy who races because he loves racing, not just because he loves money, and who doesn't think any kind of cheating is fine as long as you "win" the championship at the end. JPM strikes me as another Gilles - he'd rather lead the race than win it. And it's about time we had another one of him!