Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Nov 2001, 03:33 (Ref:179620)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the recession SAVE F!?

Just a thought...
Arrows have a large debt& STILL aren't making much progress,Prost we all know about.Minardi has had mounting debts for years.Remember ,all of this happened BEFORE any recesion-So even in the 'good times'12 teams in F1 was unsustainable.
Now with everyone worried about money & prepared to limit costs...rather than small teams constantly racking up debt,they could stand a much BETTER chance of surviving!
like i've thought for ages-there's too much money in F1
Old 28 Nov 2001, 03:52 (Ref:179621)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm worried about the situation of the drivers. With the continue income of new promises the number of seats avaliable are smaller and smaller... Also main testdriver seats are filled.
With that I think why the FOCA don't allow an optional third car for F1 teams, or allow private teams to run a third car of another team (for example David Sears running a third Williams car), or disable sanctions over these teams what are forced to forfait in some events due to budget problems (like team Coyne in CART this year)...
Old 28 Nov 2001, 15:01 (Ref:179779)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they have to cut costs I hope that the gizmos are the first thing to go. They should be banned now and never be allowed to come back again. EVER!
Old 28 Nov 2001, 16:05 (Ref:179799)   #4
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Pollock seems to be talking a lot about the increasing debts in F1- I wonder why?
Old 28 Nov 2001, 16:25 (Ref:179807)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The nett result will be that if the money dries up, research and development will be the first to suffer. As for running a shadow team, the grid is imited to 24 cars and teams to running two cars. Unless there is complete agreement in the Concorde Agreement forget any increases.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 16:34 (Ref:179812)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And after the tobacco ban, what companies would be interested to sponsor in a global recession market ?

Software companies ? Eletronics ?

The only way out seems to be the food companies, as we all know, you can't stop eating and drinking.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 18:21 (Ref:179858)   #7
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that F1 may price themselves out of the market. One bad quarter and the car makers that own/sponsor/team up with F1 teams are all screaming. Everyone's margin is getting very close. the first thing to get slashed is the advertising budget. F1 and auto racing in general is just that.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 21:53 (Ref:179942)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to be honest in that I won't cry a single tear if every F1 team were to go bankrupt and they had to start from scratch. We might actually see some racing then!

These guys need to cut back in a big way. I have no doubt that much of the sponsorship money is thrown away on pointless luxuries that might impress people, but won't have any effect on R&D or the race at hand.

An even better idea would be some sort of a spending cap. It would be tough to enforce, but so are the current rules...
Old 29 Nov 2001, 10:46 (Ref:180109)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good one Jay. It will be good start it all over again.
Old 29 Nov 2001, 15:06 (Ref:180186)   #10
srinimax
Racer

srinimax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont think that putting an upper cap makes much sense. the teams dont just spend on luxury, they are run by profit-driven people so obviously most of the money goes towards racing. the luxury is a lifestyle thing thats come in and will be there in any place with lots of money. i think though that automotive companies have enough money to pour into f1, they just need to be able to get direct benefits. but above all else, they need people at the top, like bernd pischetsrieder erstwhile bmw chief, or jac nasser erstwhile ford chief. and regarding sponsors i dont think f1 will ever have a problem getting those. the reason many companies arent getting in is because its expensive. in a recessed economy, ad prices will come down and allow many more companies to invest.
Old 29 Nov 2001, 17:06 (Ref:180247)   #11
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
I have to be honest in that I won't cry a single tear if every F1 team were to go bankrupt and they had to start from scratch. We might actually see some racing then!
I can't imaginate Ferrari or Williams to be bunkrupts. They will survive. More realisticly we'll lose several outsiders which doesn't make racing more exciting.
Old 29 Nov 2001, 17:31 (Ref:180254)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

WELCOME BACK MARINA !!

It's been a long time since you've been around. Some people put you in the MIA list, and rumours said you departed to eastern skies with a gentleman aka Marlett in a "romantic" journey.

Now I'm happy you are around
Old 29 Nov 2001, 17:41 (Ref:180264)   #13
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love spawns on 10-10ths!!!!!!
Old 29 Nov 2001, 17:41 (Ref:180265)   #14
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is Marlett? And eastern skies.... I hope you haven't "matched" me to any Arabic person. Not mine kind of men.

I've been involved into very time-killing project named "Enemies of Boredom", visited 6 cities of Russia and spent a lot of time bejond Internet.

I was missing you! I still hope to celebrate my 1000th post. so don't dream about my leaving this place!
Old 29 Nov 2001, 18:05 (Ref:180271)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Sure dear Marina. Not a second I thought you'll be away from us.

Peter Marlett, is british I guess... he's a super-mod so don't be fooled by his travels, he will be back as soon as you can pronounce your full name...
Old 29 Nov 2001, 18:29 (Ref:180280)   #16
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Love spawns on 10-10ths!!!!!!
Now what would YOU know about that? (I've heard about you! )
Old 29 Nov 2001, 20:36 (Ref:180327)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
From what i've read not a lot it seems!!!!!
Old 3 Dec 2001, 19:21 (Ref:181791)   #18
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reccession will kill F1 and the Premier 1 Grand Pirx series will rule all.