Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Nov 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3337961)   #1
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stress ECG

For some reason this year I need to get a Stress ECG done. No idea why...

Does anyone know a place to do it on a bike rather than a treadmill. My knee doesn't like the pounding of running and a bike would be preferred but most clinics seem to use a treadmill.

Roger
Old 28 Nov 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3337979)   #2
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bikes aren't used because they need to be able to get your heart rate up, and keep it there. It's far too easy for it to fluctuate on a bike.

See if you can find a place with an Alter-G Treadmill. They support you on a cushion of air to reduce joint stress.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 29 Nov 2013, 06:37 (Ref:3338029)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post

Does anyone know a place to do it on a bike rather than a treadmill. My knee doesn't like the pounding of running and a bike would be preferred but most clinics seem to use a treadmill.

Roger
Nothing to do with reaching a certain age then!

I feel your pain, there, Roger, and hate running for that reason. On the treadmills I've been put on, however, the exercise started off as a walk and then speeded up progressively as the time went, along with an increase in incline. It never got to a full-on run and when heart rate got to Vmax that was end of test. Presume the younger and fitter the victim is, the harder the test will be to achieve required heart rate. (BTW my tests have been with MRM)

Maybe that a cycle could be found in the odd private hospital but have not as yet tried to find one. Let me know if you do!

Old 29 Nov 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3338039)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I was lucky when I used to have them as one of my customers used to work in the ECG unit at the local hospital and made sure that I passed, also it was free !!!
Unfortunatly now because of my back problem I can't run at all so I can't take one.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Nov 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3338072)   #5
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I recently had to undergo a pulminory cardio stress test to determine why I have been suffering from severe breathlessness.

It was carried out at my local hospital using a special exercise bike, whilst they monitored both my heart (ECG) and my breathing via a mask.

This is, I believe, common equipment in most sports' science labs, and is used on sports' participants regularly to measure their fitness levels.
Old 29 Nov 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3338145)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post

Roger
You probably need it because like a lot of us you've turned into an old git. As for pounding and running when I did mine it was no more than a brisk walk as the pitch of the treadmill is altered to make you work. Your heart rate needs to get to a certain level and stay there for a while, mine went on for 11 minutes and tbh I didn't even break into a sweat.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3338886)   #7
Wriggley Monkey
Rookie

Wriggley Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche centre at Silverstone will do the test for you and use a bike.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3339037)   #8
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can use a bike a Roger, my dad did.

Try Mark Green.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 06:25 (Ref:3339130)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFW View Post
You can use a bike a Roger, my dad did.

Try Mark Green.
....He runs Motor Racing Medics who have carried out my last two Medical / Sress ECG tests.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3339204)   #10
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
....He runs Motor Racing Medics who have carried out my last two Medical / Sress ECG tests.
I second that! Mark has done all my medicals for the last six/seven years since I got fed up with my GP not being able to follow simple instructions. There's a great view too as you're sweating away.......

Mark
Old 14 Dec 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3344026)   #11
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had one at Porsche Performance Centre, Silverstone - 01327 855 074

Very impressive set up.