Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Mar 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3382316)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TV Company needs YOUR help!

Hi guys, one of our users: edcave needs your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Hello,

I am a researcher for a TV company and am looking into Formula 1 for a programme we are making.

We would like to speak to people who have interesting personal stories relating to Formula 1 past and present and also anyone who may have old personal photos and videos of anything F1 related that they might be interested in having used as archive in the programme.

If you or anyone you know might be interested, reply to this post and I'll get in touch.

Many thanks,

Ed
So guys, let's help Ed out!
Old 22 Mar 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3383126)   #2
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not ONE response?!!!

I haven't read it, it's still on my Amazon wish list, but Tales from the Toolbox might be a good starting point. It might be possible to chase down the same people and they could tell their stories on video.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3383624)   #3
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatanut View Post
Not ONE response?!!!

I haven't read it, it's still on my Amazon wish list, but Tales from the Toolbox might be a good starting point. It might be possible to chase down the same people and they could tell their stories on video.
Perhaps they all PM'd, wishing to keep their status unknown to the great unwashed.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3383673)   #4
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
Perhaps they all PM'd, wishing to keep their status unknown to the great unwashed.
I hope. I would hate to think we would completely ignore somebody with a request like that.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3383805)   #5
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
"I am a researcher for a TV company"

Which TV company, and who are they contracted to if they are doing the research on someone else's behalf?
Old 25 Mar 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3384068)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
"I am a researcher for a TV company"

Which TV company, and who are they contracted to if they are doing the research on someone else's behalf?
I am happy enough that this request is legitimate, I'll let Ed reveal the name of the company if he wants.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3384761)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
I am happy enough that this request is legitimate, I'll let Ed reveal the name of the company if he wants.
I can't promise anything particularly unique or exciting but I saw my first GP in 1952, and have been at it ever since, sadly only at the British rounds, Silverstone, Aintree, Brands Hatch. I have spoken to a number of drivers and Mangers while working for a radio station. Happy to help if it helps.

Bauble.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3384765)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Same post twice. Old age ya see.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3384811)   #9
Race4Fun
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby
Race4Fun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have some interesting stories related by my late father who was GP driver before and after WW2 and competed at the start of F1.

I have some memorabilia and would be happy to share.

I am a club racer and my daughter also competes.