Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Apr 2000, 20:11 (Ref:67)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...Did anyone struggle without it?

I may have been conciously looking for difficulty in pulling away from the line, or out of the pits, but didn't see much more than usual.

Was it me, or did the McLarens use much more revs than normal waiting for the 'lollipop' man to get it up? (oo-er)

Also, I know poor old RB was having problems already, but would a driver really overcook a correction 'do-nut'? Looked like too many revs, or No Traction Control now known universally as NTC!

Did you spot any other NTC troubles?
Old 23 Apr 2000, 21:24 (Ref:68)   #2
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think this has affected McLaren most. The McLaren guys almost always rockets away at the start. We have seen it all through '98, '99 and this season. I know you can't make such a judgment afer one GP start with the new regulations, but look for that in Barcelona the rest of the season. In overall performance I hope Ferrari and McLaren are the ones who is affected the most so we can see some other teams winning a race. Since it was a wet qualifying this time it was impossible to make out witch team/s are most affected but we get a clear view at Barcelona.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 21:35 (Ref:69)   #3
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a bunch of BS. Mclaren was the fastest during the whole race. Ferrari (MS in particular) were having a hard time in the corners. To me is clear that Ferrari lost their edge, not only performance but reliability also.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 07:02 (Ref:70)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Was it me, or did the McLarens use much more revs than normal waiting for the 'lollipop' man to get it up? (oo-er)"
-Yeah i noticed that, Mika more than Cubehead.

I see Schumie was complaining of traction in the wet grass...i think he was missing it the most....
Old 24 Apr 2000, 08:35 (Ref:71)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I already raised this one elsewhere but, I tend to agree that the Ferraris were more "off colour" than any other team. apart from Benetton who, ALLEGEDLY, are the midfield team which was using TC last year.