Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Apr 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2869650)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso has been nowhere near a keyboard today
Old 25 Apr 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2869652)   #52
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
That's hilarious.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Confirm that you understand
I'm faster than you.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2869657)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Alonso has been nowhere near a keyboard today
That just makes it even more scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
That's hilarious.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
I'm faster than you.

Oh dear. Happy birthday Felipe!
Old 25 Apr 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2869674)   #54
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Bella made a good point near the start of the thread about the 'natural race face'. Many of the analytical skills of drivers need to come naturally. You can only learn them to a certain degree if you want to be a relentlessly fast and intelligent racer. Actually, I think 'intelligence' is a large part these days, an ability to multi-task is required and drivers need that spare capacity.

A lot of drivers come across as intelligent when they aren't giving the mundane PR answers to the mundane questions. Look at Rosberg and his juggling and unicycling; he comes across as a bright chap, for example.

People say you need ruthlessness, but I think this is in terms of your application and dedication. You don't need to screw other people over though.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 18:53 (Ref:2869678)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's hilarious.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
I'm faster than you.

I literally just spat my keyboard all over my coffee!
Old 25 Apr 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2869687)   #56
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey, that coffee will be ruined.
Old 25 Apr 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2869688)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Alonso wishes Felipe a happy birthday (for 'tis today):

“Hi Felipe and all my very best birthday wishes!” Alonso wrote on the Ferrari website. “You have got there a few months before me as, in July it will be my turn to turn 30, so you’ll be able to tell me if it’s something special to reach this age.

“Joking apart, I want to tell you that I’m happy to be alongside you at Ferrari; I think we make up a good duo, respecting one another and working well together, in the knowledge that the interests of the team come before those of the individual.

“Now I hope we will soon a have a car good enough to see us fight for the top places, after which it will be down to the two of us to try and win.”

You see. One of Alonso's many attributes is the ability to be nice, but at the same time making sure that his team mate knows what the bigger picture is.
The perfect example of how one can hijack a thread being nice and still get away with it ! Cheers !
Old 25 Apr 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2869806)   #58
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
That's hilarious.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
I'm faster than you.
Mate - that is GOLD!! I think that you've just picked up the ten-tenths humour award for the year - brilliant. I'm still doing this -
Old 25 Apr 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2869809)   #59
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

It's remarkable Alonso is so young when you think what he's achieved. He's making me feel old (and I'm but 27).