Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3301625)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Felipe Massa leaves Ferrari in 2014

It's confirmed :

http://translate.google.com/translat...i-em-2014.html
Old 10 Sep 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3301660)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I hate to see a loyal servant and all round nice guy being let go by a team, but the time is definitely right for him to go.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3301661)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Should've been done at least two years ago, IMO.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3301664)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad to see him go. He seems like a really nice guy. It's especially sad to see him go after his good performance at Monza.

I think that Alonso joining Ferrari and the accident at Hungary, really affected him. He was never up to the same level of performance as he was after that.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3301668)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, he does seem like a really nice guy, and he's one of the best drivers of recent times to have never been a world champion.

on the other hand, in the interests of seeing the absolute best drivers in the top seats in f1, i'm glad to see he's moving on.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3301710)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad to see him go - he always seemed a genuinely nice guy - but I always felt the same about Rubens, who I always believed had more talent than was recognised as a result of his #2 position to TGF.

I can't help but relish the prospect of seeing how the dynamics work out at Ferrari in 2014 though...... That 2014 car had better be good - for F1's sake.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3301715)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Should've been done at least two years ago, IMO.
Agreed. His time at Ferrari has passed since the accident.

Honestly I don't see any future for him in F1. There's some talk about a move to Lotus, but I guess they'll get Hulk, which I think would be a better choice. Sauber and Force India would be a downhill, better leave on top.

Good luck Felipe.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3301726)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He could always retire and do nothing much at all. I know I'd like to........
Old 10 Sep 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3301745)   #9
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He is a nice guy, and I wish him the best. One of the best drivers without a WDC of the past years.

Don't know if he'll retire, but a top team drive is unlikely. Sports cars ?
Now with Fisi, Kamui and Massa, Ferrari could have a decent line up to return to LMP1 (we can dream)
Old 10 Sep 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3301748)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Agreed. His time at Ferrari has passed since the accident.

Honestly I don't see any future for him in F1. There's some talk about a move to Lotus, but I guess they'll get Hulk, which I think would be a better choice. Sauber and Force India would be a downhill, better leave on top.

Good luck Felipe.
I never felt he really recovered from that accident and it is sad but despite the accident he's been a stalwart for Ferrari and has been the ultimate wingman.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3301753)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
He is a nice guy, and I wish him the best. One of the best drivers without a WDC of the past years.

Don't know if he'll retire, but a top team drive is unlikely. Sports cars ?
Now with Fisi, Kamui and Massa, Ferrari could have a decent line up to return to LMP1 (we can dream)
IndyCar?... just saying.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3301764)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yeah, who knows... all brazilian "experts" think there'll be no place for him in F1, even the hot information from Livio, that Bernie is behind the scenes to keep him in F1 seems unlikely to happen.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3301768)   #13
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
IndyCar?... just saying.
I don't think Indycar is a viable option for Massa. Why would he want to?
Would he get a drive without paying for it?
He hasn't been a 'flying Brazilian' in F1 and is losing his drive because he hasn't been consistent.

If he had regularly consistent top six placing's he possibly would have retained his drive simply because he had got the job done and was bringing in points reasonably regularly. He has had 6 top six placing's in 11 races but that isn't enough apparently....

Why would a mid field team want someone who wasn't up to top team level and was coming down?

If he does anything he can do sports cars or Brazilian racing but is he really interested? he initially said he'd retire if he wasn't in a top team....

Last edited by Teretonga; 10 Sep 2013 at 23:47.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3301773)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I don't think Indycar is a viable option for Massa. Why would he want to?
Would he get a drive without paying for it?
He hasn't been a 'flying Brazilian' in F1 and is losing his drive because he hasn't been consistent.

If he had regularly consistent top six placing's he possibly would have retained his drive simply because he had got the job done and was bringing in points reasonably regularly. He has had 6 top six placing's in 11 races but that isn't enough apparently....

Why would a mid field team want someone who wasn't up to top team level and was coming down?

If he does anything he can do sports cars or Brazilian racing but is he really interested? he initially said he'd retire if he wasn't in a top team....
I know where you're coming from and I'm just begging the question.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3301791)   #15
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Felipe:

La ringrazio molto per tutto quello che hai fatto per la Scuderia Ferrari!

Buoni da e buona fortuna!!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 03:04 (Ref:3301826)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Thank you Felipe your a super human being and a darn good driver ....it's hard after the accident you had. Most drivers would have not come close to coming back the way you did ...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 04:52 (Ref:3301861)   #17
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is great, finally we get to see someone else up against Alonso. It'll be interesting, much like Hamilton/Rosberg and Perez/Button this year - and in both cases the underdogs Rosberg and Perez have definitely surprised me. We haven't really seen Alonso against formidable teammates. Massa doesn't seem to have been the same after his accident, Trulli and Fisichella didn't turn out to be all that good once you look back over their careers, though they were hyped at certain times. His only true test was against a rookie Hamilton, and he got beaten.

It'll be most interesting if it's Kimi vs Fernando next year. But Hulkenberg and Bianchi are both potential stars so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do against Alonso, especially Nico. I think Nico could surprise and give Fernando a few defeats.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3301875)   #18
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame for Felipe but his career has stagnated so much in recent years. Is it residual from his accident or the effect of being Alonso's team mate though? I'm not sure anymore. Probably a bit of both in truth.

Hopefully he'll find a good drive and his mojo. Sauber, if they can afford it, or Lotus must be reasonable guesses. He's at least proved this year that he's still fast.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:00 (Ref:3301908)   #19
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If Kimi goes to Ferrari there may be a chance for Massa at Lotus. But they may need money. If thats the case, Maldonado is rumored to Lotus, maybe Kobayashi or Hulkenberg. So Massa may be in the running for a spot at Lotus if Kimi leaves, or Williams if Maldonado is picked up by Lotus. But Williams seems pressed for cash moreso than Lotus, so wheres that Leave Massa?
Old 11 Sep 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3301914)   #20
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can imagine Bernie is working behind the scences to get Massa a drive as he needs a Brazilian in F1, but its a question of money as all teams who could possibly have a seat need cash in some form.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3301975)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
Shame for Felipe but his career has stagnated so much in recent years. Is it residual from his accident or the effect of being Alonso's team mate though? I'm not sure anymore. Probably a bit of both in truth.
chicken and egg, isn't it? returning from that kind of accident and recovery is hard work regardless of who you are, and it can't have been any easier being alonso's teammate. he obviously had his own allies within the team though, so it wasn't as if it was just him against the world.

*isn't*. the season is still in progress
Old 11 Sep 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3301987)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's difficult to see Massa getting a drive with any team at the moment. He's being consistently out-performed by Alonso, particularly in the races. Do other teams need drivers like that?

With F1 cars changing considerably for next season, it may be that Ferrari would like to get some feedback in their first season from some of its 'test drivers' ?
Old 11 Sep 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3302010)   #23
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I did a recall back through the season at the comparative results. (Classed finishing order even if retired) I don't know if hiring Kimi is going to give them the results they want overall although he has been more consistent than Massa, but that is in a different car. If he gives them the results he has had this year Alonso may not going to be too happy but then again its Ferrari who is spending much more than on Massa....
Massa is not bad for a No.2 driver but Kimi will NOT be a No.2......

Race Alonso Massa Raikkonen
Australia 2nd 4th 1st
Malaysia 22nd 5th 7th
China 1st 6th 2nd
Bahrain 8th 15th 2nd
Spain 1st 3rd 2nd
Monaco 7th 21st 10th
Canada 2nd 8th 9th
British 3rd 6th 5th
German 4th 22nd 2nd
Hungary 5th 8th 2nd
Belgian 2nd 7th 21st
Italian 2nd 4th 11th
Old 11 Sep 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3302016)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whatever the statistics of his career, *that* podium at Sao Paolo in 2008 was an exercise in dignity, humility and good honest pride. He'd had the WDC snatched away at the very last minute, yet still managed to take the applause of the home crowd without looking like he'd been punched in the gut a few seconds earlier. Sure, he looked upset - who wouldn't? - but as an example of being a good loser I'm yet to see a better one.

So long, Felipe. Grab a win before you close the door
Old 11 Sep 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3302024)   #25
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Little bit of a pipe dream but would be fun to see him show up in sportscar and chase Webber around.

To see a race driver come back from the accident he had will be his legacy.
It was a miracle and great joy to see him get back on the track.