Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Nov 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3862276)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I just assume guilt every time. Quicker that way.
'How do you plead?'

'Not Guilty'

'Not What?'

'Guilty'

'Ah guilty, I thought that was what you said........'

Old 10 Nov 2018, 23:31 (Ref:3862287)   #77
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't get chance to watch qualifying today.

As I understand it from this thread, Hamilton and Vettee are both quantum physicists as they both simultaneously broke rules and didn't (apparently).

Of slightly more interest though: who qualified where? This must be the first race thread in years that doesn't mention it at all...
Old 11 Nov 2018, 00:01 (Ref:3862290)   #78
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

As I understand it from this thread, Hamilton and Vettee are both quantum physicists as they both simultaneously broke rules and didn't (apparently).

Of slightly more interest though: who qualified where? This must be the first race thread in years that doesn't mention it at all...
Hamilton ahead of Vettel
Old 11 Nov 2018, 01:49 (Ref:3862305)   #79
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

A tad late, I'm sure, but here ya go.... http://www.statsf1.com/en/2018/bresi...ification.aspx

jimclark
Old 11 Nov 2018, 03:25 (Ref:3862317)   #80
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton was in Kimi’s way but did not negatively affect his lap or eventual grid position. Nevertheless, Kimi had to take evasive action.

Hamilton lost all sense momentarily and almost took out Sirotkin who was preparing for a flying lap. Sirotkin also had to take evasive action.

Neither were bad infringements, but goodness me if Sirotkin and Hamilton had collided it would have been bad. And almost certainly a grid penalty for Lewis. I’d have given him a three place penalty, but it changes very little.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 06:18 (Ref:3862335)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I thought it was another thread to show any particular driver bias individual posters have......

Old 11 Nov 2018, 07:32 (Ref:3862337)   #82
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Time to remind everyone of this old thread that is still very relevant:
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82104

Let’s hope everyone reads it and it is effective.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 07:53 (Ref:3862339)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bit clumsy of both Lewis and Seb in that session, but thankfully no penalty, so hopefully a good race between them two tomorrow.

If anyone thinks Leclerc is not good enough for Ferrari, well Q2 proved it wrong. What a lap on slicks on a slightly wet track to get into the top 10. Nobody else on a lap at that time managed it. And Ericsson, good session by him too
Old 11 Nov 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3862353)   #84
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
P6 and 7 on the grid is very good for Sauber.
Shame Ericsson is making a charge now that it’s too late. He has forged a longer career than a few though.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 09:43 (Ref:3862354)   #85
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton should have been penalised. I don't know about anyone else but the whole **** around in the middle of the track at very slow speed before starting your flying lap has been infuriating me for a long time. It needs sorting.

The Vettel weighbridge thing is utter nonsense. Sure give him a fine if need be (which they have) but giving him a grid penalty would be a joke.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3862355)   #86
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
On a more positive note, just been watching the Leclerc interview on Sky. The kids the real deal isn’t he? Fast, good racing instincts and a genuinely nice lad too. It’s going to be fiery at Ferrari next year, I hope ferrari allow them to race because I think Charles could have a shot at the title next season
Old 11 Nov 2018, 10:14 (Ref:3862357)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
Hamilton should have been penalised. I don't know about anyone else but the whole **** around in the middle of the track at very slow speed before starting your flying lap has been infuriating me for a long time. It needs sorting.

The Vettel weighbridge thing is utter nonsense. Sure give him a fine if need be (which they have) but giving him a grid penalty would be a joke.
Only nonsense really because of Vettel's impatience, which has got the better of him a few times this season. It may not have been handled well by the officials, but Vettel didn't cover himself in glory. For balance, in case it's thought I'm biased (heaven forfend!), I personally would have given Hamilton a grid penalty. The Raikkonen 'incident' was just rather poor awareness but the Sirotkin one was potentially dangerous.

On a more important note, great job by both the Sauber drivers. That lap by Leclerc was top notch.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3862367)   #88
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Only nonsense really because of Vettel's impatience, which has got the better of him a few times this season. It may not have been handled well by the officials, but Vettel didn't cover himself in glory. For balance, in case it's thought I'm biased (heaven forfend!), I personally would have given Hamilton a grid penalty. The Raikkonen 'incident' was just rather poor awareness but the Sirotkin one was potentially dangerous.

On a more important note, great job by both the Sauber drivers. That lap by Leclerc was top notch.
The officials appeared to be being needlessly provocative, the clown standing in front of the car should have been well aware that time was absolutely critical in the situation and he was just standing around being deliberately obstructive, the cone was obviously deliberately left in front of the scales too, it is usually out the way when the selected car is signaled onto the scales. Somebody need to ask why this situation even arose. This smacks of just deliberately trying to ruin Vettel's qualifying and would apply to this situation no matter who was selected!

This was just plain poor from the officials!
Old 11 Nov 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3862368)   #89
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Tin foil hattery.

For what possible gain would f1 or its stewards want Vettel to be delayed?
Old 11 Nov 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3862369)   #90
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The officials appeared to be being needlessly provocative, the clown standing in front of the car should have been well aware that time was absolutely critical in the situation and he was just standing around being deliberately obstructive, the cone was obviously deliberately left in front of the scales too, it is usually out the way when the selected car is signaled onto the scales. Somebody need to ask why this situation even arose. This smacks of just deliberately trying to ruin Vettel's qualifying and would apply to this situation no matter who was selected!

This was just plain poor from the officials!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Tin foil hattery.

For what possible gain would f1 or its stewards want Vettel to be delayed?
I don't think he's saying they're out for Vettel (and he says it applies no matter who), rather the oddly lacklustre approach to the situation would've ruined [insert driver name] qualifying and isn't really acceptable. And it really isn't. The random weigh bridge drawing has never been fair, but it's accepted because there isn't a better way of doing it. So let's not make it even less fair by acting like an old lady going down to the corner shop.

I feel as though if a local marshal had done this, they'd get crucified, but because he wears an FIA shirt he isn't being bound by expectations of safety and professionalism.

But it wouldn't be F1 without something ridiculous. Next up is why Lewis doesn't get a 5 place drop for an ear ring, and Kimi dropped his digestive biscuit into his tea, which is at least a 3.7 place grid penalty.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3862372)   #91
ascarracinguk
Veteran

https://streamable.com/6pzrx

There’s a couple of things I don’t understand about this. If the rule is that you can drive off the scales, why aren’t they fixed down, or if the rule is you have to be pushed off (which I think it is) then why weren’t there some Ferrari mechanics down there. No doubt someone will point towards the fia stewards behind the car not helping out, but would that be classed as outside assistance? Not sure
Old 11 Nov 2018, 12:10 (Ref:3862374)   #92
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the rule book says nothing about not driving onto or off of the scales. It says to switch the engine off (which you correctly spotted and I missed!), but that's it.

From that view, it's pretty clear Vettel was going to have to drive himself off. Not only that, the hand signal he was given from the gentleman in front suggests he should drive himself off. And then, as he accelerates, the two gentlemen at the rear step to the side so as they are not directly behind the car...almost like they expect the pads to come backwards.

You can't have the team mechanics down there because they won't make it there in time. Cars are randomly selected as they pass through pit lane entry. Nobody is notified in advance. So the team would have to know that they have been selected and if you're at the far end of the pit lane, you've got to sprint down in time to collect the car. I don't think I've ever seen team mechanics down there.

That's all ridiculous and strange. If you have to be pushed off, then why didn't they push him off? And why was Vettel signaled to drive off? If you drive off, why isn't it secure? Also, it's on a hill. I mean really? lol.

Maybe the reason for the tiny fine and reprimand is they want to punish him but can't because it seems the FIA made quite a few errors with this one. The reprimand is worthless as it's his first of the season. So this barely counts as a slap on the wrist. Maybe it's because the FIA made more errors than Seb in this one.

Good find on the external video though!
Old 11 Nov 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3862375)   #93
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
There’s a couple of things I don’t understand about this. If the rule is that you can drive off the scales, why aren’t they fixed down, or if the rule is you have to be pushed off (which I think it is) then why weren’t there some Ferrari mechanics down there. No doubt someone will point towards the fia stewards behind the car not helping out, but would that be classed as outside assistance? Not sure
Apologies if I’m teaching granny how to suck eggs, but they were portable corner weight scales which just sit on the tarmac or floor or whatever, and have separate ramps up and down to the actual scales. I assume the FIA have their special set which travel to the GPs and avoid any accuracy questions if using local stuff. The way they work requires the car to be gently moved onto and off the scales so as not to damage the mechanism, and to stop them being launched across the room or tarmac, which is exactly what happened! If the engine is left running then the scales will be affected by the movement, hence the need for it to be switched off.

In this instance the whole episode looks very amateurish, the officials obviously not in control of the situation. Not helped by the Driver’s impatience......
Old 11 Nov 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3862385)   #94
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those with access to Sky One(mainly Virgin subscribers I think), the Brazilian GP is being shown live this afternoon from 16:30 today. Sharing this information because I do not have Sky F1 but a friend has just informed me that it's also on Sky One.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3862389)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame I only have freeview
Old 11 Nov 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3862393)   #96
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would like to add one thing, unless I am completely wrong about this. But I thought that modern day F1 cars require outside equipment to start/restart their engines? This is surely why drivers need to keep the engines running if they have an incident such as spinning or an off track excursion?
Old 11 Nov 2018, 14:12 (Ref:3862394)   #97
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would like to add one thing, unless I am completely wrong about this. But I thought that modern day F1 cars require outside equipment to start/restart their engines? This is surely why drivers need to keep the engines running if they have an incident such as spinning or an off track excursion?
It was said on the C4 commentary that they used stored power in the weighbridge scenario......
Old 11 Nov 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3862395)   #98
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Think from what they were saying on commentary these cars can start on electric/ hybrid power
Old 11 Nov 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3862398)   #99
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
They can start the engine with the MGU-K.
Old 11 Nov 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3862411)   #100
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the grid news chaps

For once I'm watching it in real time, and looking forward to it!