Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jun 2004, 00:50 (Ref:1020868)   #1
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Wall at Karting Nord?

I hope the Moderators won't mind me already preparing for next year, and just having one question for people who have been to the edge at camping Karting Nord before...

This year we went as vigins to Beauséjour (Drinking for Holland) and had such a great time, we would like to do it all over again next year. But -and I have to say the Badger warned me via PM- next year we would like to see the track from our scaffolding. Basicly going bigger, better. This year was just a try-out, and what a result
I was told to go Karting Nord, as this camping site is closer to the track only seperated by a wall.

As I would like to bring my scaffolding next year again (but don't want any more surprises), can anybody tell me how high this wall actually is?
Don't really want to take too much or too little next time.

Thanks up in advance
Old 30 Jun 2004, 08:18 (Ref:1021086)   #2
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea - you should get top marks for effort though!!
Old 30 Jun 2004, 08:38 (Ref:1021107)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paddy,

We were camped next to you in Beausejour, your scaffolding was very impressive. I've not studied the KN Wall too closely but I reckon you'd be ok with the same sized tower next year. I even think that in some places it's just a fence seperating the track and the camping.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1021647)   #4
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Guy, were you in that "civilised" group, between us and that Danish group of five who flew in? (Well, very quite anyway ) Oh dear, hope we didn't keep you awake all of Fridaynight. We actually wanted to stop earlier than 3.30 am, but the younger brother of Coronel came to have a look

Well, if the chance is big enough to stand at the fence, we'll take more scaffolding and bigger and more planks. The group will probably be larger aswell, about twenty people by the looks of it. But it's all very far away, another 49 weeks to go
Old 30 Jun 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1021653)   #5
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Tha scaffolding
Attached Thumbnails
dfh.jpg  
Old 1 Jul 2004, 08:32 (Ref:1022162)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
Guy, were you in that "civilised" group, between us and that Danish group of five who flew in? (Well, very quite anyway )
We were between you guys and the roadway, we had the Saab, Pug 306, and the French registered motorhome and SEAT Toldeo.

I seem recall speaking with some members of your party on the Friday night after an especially freshing dinner.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 19:15 (Ref:1022854)   #7
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Okay, so I got the right people in mind, how pleased you must have been when I tuned my getto-blaster into Radio LM

Funny how LeMans actually is, last year I started planning from September onwards for a group of twelve for this years race. Right now I have only started to figure out how to get more stuff in a bigger vehicle, and precisely what to take. Some of my friends think I've gone over the top with all of this, but they haven't seen the Danish group of 250 people...

Danish group arriving with two articulated lorries>>
Attached Thumbnails
danish neighbours arriving.jpg