Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1091788)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why is Trulli Silent about Next Season's Plans

Okay conspiracy theorists and those with fertile imaginations... Fire away.

Considering that the Conventional Wisdom is that he has already signed with TOYOTA, why won't he announce it?

According to an articvle in the Daily Mail, he said, "At the moment I have not made any announcements and all I can say is I will be driving next year - I have a contract but I have to wait before I can announce it. It will be in Formula One and I will challenge for top positions."

Okay, why not declare TOYOTA now if it is fact true. Panis has been taken out of the running for the second seat, and every other front line seat is announced save BAR. There can be no legimate reason for declining to tell for either TOYOTA's sake or Renault's.

Beyond that, I frankly don't see TOYOTA competing at the front next season despite Gascoyne's efforts.

So...is his deal with an as yet unimagined option?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:27 (Ref:1091811)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe he's heard Michael's going to retire...
Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:29 (Ref:1091815)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he has signed with BAR, but can't say anything because of the ongoing Button affair.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1091824)   #4
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Glen might be on the mark, especially as Brundle reported this rumour back in Hungary before the Button situation unfolded. It could be that he and Sato are confirmed, but BAR don't want to reveal this until after the Button contract is decided, so as to make it look like BAR are losing out more than they are if the CRB give it WIlliams' way?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1091864)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like garcon's guess. Would that it were true.....
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:23 (Ref:1091891)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe it's Ford.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1091898)   #7
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Arden?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1091916)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
I like garcon's guess. Would that it were true.....
I'm kneeling here with my palms and fingers pressed together........
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:00 (Ref:1091929)   #9
GreenAdam
Rookie

GreenAdam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he may not race next year
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1091933)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's about as likely as Michael retiring...
Old 10 Sep 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1092119)   #11
Fuzzyfelt
Racer

Fuzzyfelt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glen and NI Tram could well be on the mark that Trulli will go to BAR, but why are Jaguar holding off making a decision (ie: publically announcing a decision) until Buttongate has been settled?

Jaguar announce no news....

Last edited by Fuzzyfelt; 10 Sep 2004 at 16:46.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1092144)   #12
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes, we'll likely never know what is actually taking place at the moment, but it seems Trulli's job for next year is still up in the air. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did end up at BAR. That would leave a pretty nice seat open at Toyota. (is there an emoticon for drooling? )

Last edited by Kirk; 10 Sep 2004 at 17:30.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 17:33 (Ref:1092154)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzyfelt
Glen and NI Tram could well be on the mark that Trulli will go to BAR, but why are Jaguar holding off making a decision (ie: publically announcing a decision) until Buttongate has been settled?

Jag may want Coulthard and/or Davidson, who're both likely to be hanging on for a decision from BAR first.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1092169)   #14
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would not surprise me if he had signed for multiple teams say Williams and BAR and is first option for Buttons seat with both.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1092192)   #15
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 1200Datto27
Arden?

Could it Be he has a contract with Williams on the condition they have some deal with BAR with the button thing? maybe like BAR backs off a little bit and Williams pays for Trulli at BAR?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1092232)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix1
It would not surprise me if he had signed for multiple teams say Williams and BAR and is first option for Buttons seat with both.
This is my thinking - it would make sense for those 2 teams to work together on this, preventing one or the other from lacking a driving line-up of a high enough standard.

One way or another, I think it's related to the Williams situation. It's possible that he has a BAR contract that is dependant on Button leaving them, which allows him to join Jaguar (for example) if they keep Button and Sato?

However, he could be keeping quiet simply to entertain us, and encourage debate which will give him clues as to how highly he's regarded.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1092323)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

I suspect it's so Toyota can announce their line-up in full at the Japanese Grand Prix.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 01:17 (Ref:1092450)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The BAR thing would make sense with regards silence, but so would Toyota waiting until Suzuka (just seems like the sort ofthing they would do).

I would still say that Trulli is going to Toyota nonetheless, but then Toyota might be up for DC and indeed Trulli is going to BAR.

Either is possible.

Hrrrm.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 11:46 (Ref:1092794)   #19
Fuzzyfelt
Racer

Fuzzyfelt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
I suspect it's so Toyota can announce their line-up in full at the Japanese Grand Prix.
<nods in agreement> Of course it is.
Unless........... Michael is planning to announce his retirement and there's a Ferrari seat free.....
Old 11 Sep 2004, 13:21 (Ref:1092867)   #20
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the idea that Trulli is keeping quiet about any future moves. That's the way it should be done. It shows some class on Trulli's part.

There are still races to be run, and Renault deserves its drivers full attention. They pay these guys alot of money, and they deserve a drivers maximum effort. Ridiculous moves like Montoyas, and Buttons only serve as a major distraction to there present teams, and hurt there present race season. Moves should be done at the correct time, and not through the press.

Danica Patrick
Old 11 Sep 2004, 13:27 (Ref:1092874)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Maybe he has signed with BAR, but can't say anything because of the ongoing Button affair.
Thats a good suggestion, however, should BAR win their appeal and Jenson drive for them, Jarno hasn't, in actual fact got a drive as he stated in the original post by EERO.

Imo, unless it's a driver looking to get back into F1, or a driver likely to be out of F1 in 2005 (Jarno doesn't fall into this catergory imo) then any active driver would be (could be) putting their immediate future on the line hoping for a BAR seat. It could work for them, and they could get a good seat, or it could go very wrong if CRB go with the BAR/Jenson contract.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1092879)   #22
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There would then be an empty seat at Williams, if Jenson either Drives for BAR, or is forced to sit out for a year.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1092881)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was Flavio who announced Trulli's departure in the first place, whcih was compeltely unsettling, and it's no coincidence that his season has fallen away since. This coin has two sides GP Racer - it's not dignified for a team to announce a driver's sacking in advance.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1092966)   #24
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, I agree with that Boots!

It doesn't serve either party well, or the sport either, when these deals are announced so ridiculously early, and through the press.

Last edited by GP Racer; 11 Sep 2004 at 15:01.

Danica Patrick
Old 11 Sep 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1093062)   #25
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simple, part of his deal is that he keeps his mouth shut untill the team announce it. Which team?, wait and see.