Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Aug 2002, 21:17 (Ref:357953)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Revival Meeting

Only a matter of weeks away.. surely the best weekend of the motorsport year!!

Rumour has it that I'll be at Woodcote corner all weekend.. but who else us attending??
Old 14 Aug 2002, 21:20 (Ref:357954)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, THE best weekend of the year!!!!
Old 14 Aug 2002, 21:33 (Ref:357969)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll second that! The tweed and the trilby are getting excited already at the thought of exposure to all that Castrol R.

It's also the one race meeting that I can guarantee to bring my father to. I think he prefers the air display to the cars, in all honesty, but we wouldn't miss it for the world.
Old 14 Aug 2002, 21:40 (Ref:357975)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now who sells 'Eau de Castrol R'.. we had a sneak preview at the HSCC Castle Combe meeting.. but Goodwood is on a different level..

After missing last year, I can barely contain myself...
Old 15 Aug 2002, 15:38 (Ref:358411)   #5
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm even coming home to be there
Old 18 Aug 2002, 02:35 (Ref:360049)   #6
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Enjoy yourselves everyone, my sister is just starting to get things sorted out for heading off to Wales, much later than originally expected, so a combination family visit/Revival visit is unfortunately not going to happen this year.
I will cross my fingers for next year.

Tim, have an extra great time for me, and make sure you don't end up with a Spit in your lap.

Birthday greetings gypsy fellow.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 09:05 (Ref:360121)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So who's going to be there car wise then?
Old 18 Aug 2002, 11:22 (Ref:360167)   #8
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'll be there as well in a classic Nissan, sadly not racing though

Simon
Old 19 Aug 2002, 10:53 (Ref:361080)   #9
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm on one of the Rescue Units for all 3 days.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 05:53 (Ref:361827)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I'll be there on Sunday. I may bring my Austin Healey. I went for the first time last year and was totally enthralled. This is what racing is all about.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 10:46 (Ref:366491)   #11
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Watching over the chicane in my natty whites - and no, I won't be taking my RSK look-a-like, the snobs (and I mean that nicely) don't take too kindly to replicas based on Beetles.
Maybe I should just have left it as a Beetle.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 15:15 (Ref:368323)   #12
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there in our 100E in the St. Mary's trophy. *Really* looking forward to it, although I'm relegated to pit crew this time - our co-driver is Tony lanfranchi!

Will get a chance to drive the following weekend at Spa assuming all goes well....
Old 29 Aug 2002, 15:23 (Ref:368336)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
When is it this year ?
Old 29 Aug 2002, 15:31 (Ref:368339)   #14
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
When is it this year ?
Goodwood is the 6/7/8 September
Free practice on Friday, qualifying Sat, racing sat afternoon and Sunday.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 15:38 (Ref:368342)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for that - was wondering as if I had nothing planned I might have considered going. But I'll be elsewhere that weekend, I'm afraid.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 15:59 (Ref:368366)   #16
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you have nothing planned for next week - GO!
You will not regret it. All other meetings including the GP and Festival of Speed fall into insignificance. The return of Goodwood in 98 is the best thing that has happened to the UK racing scene since Donington re-opened in 77.
Crystal Palace?? - If only..
Old 29 Aug 2002, 16:53 (Ref:368414)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Shall I start a BTCC to visit Goodwood topic ?

In all seriousness, the reason that I don't go much on the idea of a trip to Goodwood is the fact the cars are so old and I know little or nothing about them. Any chance of something a little more modern racing there and I'll consider it.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 19:55 (Ref:368571)   #18
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never - Craig, that's the attraction.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 20:00 (Ref:368574)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
The attraction is that I've no interest ? Nice.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 21:04 (Ref:368613)   #20
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Sour-Puss and Grumpy-Face...."
Old 29 Aug 2002, 21:07 (Ref:368616)   #21
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, ya great twinnick. Goodwood has in force a very, very strict pre-1966 policy for its racing. More modern cars are just too quick, and wouldn't be contained by the safety measures that are in place, and if they monkey with the fences and barriers, it will not look as though you're in the middle of a timewarp as it does at the moment.

Incidentally, if you think about it, pre-66 means that every competing car is at least a year older than me. I don't honestly have too much trouble relating to them, but then perhaps I'm weird.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 21:18 (Ref:368624)   #22
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 29 Aug 2002, 22:15 (Ref:368660)   #23
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluebottle
"Sour-Puss and Grumpy-Face...."
Although this remark was not directed at me, I will accept it. I have been to every revival meeting since its inception, but I will not be going this year. The novelty has begun to wear off, and - frankly - I am finding the meeting very repetative. I am unhappy about some marshalling and safety issues at the meeting, and the mass of 'hooray henrys' in the spectator areas and the paddock brings out the worst (politically speaking) in me.

I did not put down for the meeting this year because I had planned to do another motor racing weekend in September and, with Rockingham, I cannot afford (time, family, work and money) more than two long weekends away in September. However, for the reasons above I am having absolutely no withdrawal symptoms.

Last edited by Peter Scillitoe; 29 Aug 2002 at 22:16.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:46 (Ref:368888)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well I rang BARC to see if they were still looking for marshals and have to ring back next Monday. So, until then I don't know whether I will be there or not. Hopefully they will look kindly upon this poor old man?
Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:51 (Ref:368891)   #25
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
If youve never seen this type of racing then you are missing something. I took a freind last year who said the he couldn't relate to the cars and only liked modern racing and we stood on the inside on Woodcote all day and he could not beleive how intense and exciting the racing was, the sight of those cars powering out of Woodcote sometimes on the grass and on full opposite lock is awesome. If you havent been gamble your money just once and I guarantee you wont feel it was wasted.