Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3608185)   #276
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
When was the last time Audi didn't have an automatic invite ? It's been some time, surely.
Latest I could find is 2010, they lost both Le Mans and Petit in 2009 and didn't run a full season in any series during 2009.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:01 (Ref:3608186)   #277
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At this point the sole remaining LMP1 auto invite is basically meaningless anyway, I guess it's there just for ceremonial purposes.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3608194)   #278
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
China, I took the liberty of adjusting your list and turn it into my pick (not my wish-list but the one I think is closest to the one the ACO will announce in 3 days.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Chi's guess for the grid less than two weeks prior!

Of the auto entries, I don't believe in LNT taking it (and obviously dead Marc VDS neither), but others yes. KCMG will place on reserves despite having it, due to possibly committing to LM only.

Excuse me if I have forgotten someone.

TOTALING UP TO 58 CARS.

LMP1 - 9x
Audi Sport Joest
Audi Sport Joest
Porsche Team
Porsche Team
Toyota Racing
Toyota Racing
Rebellion Racing
Rebellion Racing
Team ByKolles only 1 car

LMP2 - 20x
SMP/AF Racing
SMP/AF Racing
Extreme Speed Motorsports
Extreme Speed Motorsports
Greaves Motorsports
Greaves Motorsports
Jota Sport only 1 car
Strakka Racing
Signatech Racing
Tech 1 / Panis-Barthez Competition
Race Performance
Eurasia Racing
Algarve Pro Racing
Krohn Racing
Michael Shank Racing
Thiriet by TDS Racing
Morand-Gonzalez?? Racing
Pegasus Racing
DC Racing
KCMG

LMGTE-PRO
- 15x
Ford Chip Ganassi Racing
Ford Chip Ganassi Racing
Ford Chip Ganassi Racing
Ford Chip Ganassi Racing
Corvette Racing
Corvette Racing
Aston Martin Racing
Aston Martin Racing
Porsche Motorsports (Core)
Porsche Motorsports (Core)
Proton Competition
AF Corse
AF Corse
AF Corse/SMP
Risi

LMGTE-AM
- 13x
AF Corse
SMP Racing (AF Corse)
Formula Racing (AF Corse)
Aston Martin Racing
Proton Competition
Proton Competition
Larbre Competition
Clearwater Racing
AAI-Prospeed Competition
Scuderia Corsa
TDS Racing
Gulf UK
Riley-Viper Exchange

Car Displaying New Technologies
- 1x
'Frédéric Sausset's Team'

Reserves -
10x
P2
1) Murphy
2) Courage
3) OS24 Lombard
4) Jota 2
5) Dragonspeed

Also possibly available in case of emergency:
Eurasia 2
Pegasus 2
IDEC

GTE
1) JMW
2) AMR 2 Beechdean
3) Labre 2*
4) AMR 3 Goethe*
5) Crubilee*

Also possibly available in case of emergency:
AF Corse fleet (including Scuderia Corsa 2)

* assuming they filed an application.

1) Aston Martin Racing Beechdean (LMGTE-AM)
2) Riley Motorsports (LMGTE-AM)
3) KCMG (LMP2)
4) Gulf Racing (LMGTE-AM)
5) Risi Competizione (LMGTE-PRO)
6) AF Corse (LMGTE-AM)
7) Eurasia Racing (LMP2)
8) Scuderia Corsa (LMGTE-PRO)
9) Proton Competition (LMGTE-AM)
10) IDEC Sport (LMP2)

If reserves go beyond 10 add AT Racing (LMGTE-AM) and IDK another AF Corse I guess.

Larbre might produce that second C7.R after all but it's too crowded already

Last edited by Coach Ep; 26 Jan 2016 at 17:20. Reason: apologies for the long list - blame the ACO haha!
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3608196)   #279
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are having single reserve field nowadays instead of two separate.

And the Paris announcement is next week, not this

I don't think they will favor random US teams like Riley over ELMS regulars like Murphy and JMW, or French 'associates' like Courage. The Viper doesn't even have great OEM power thanks to just being run by privateer team, and it's not even GTE they run in IMSA but GT3. Last year they were initially on reserves too.

So24 Lombard is French - in fact based at Le Mans - and will field both LMP2 & LMP3 cars for the regional series, and the team was formed via association with the ACO sport driving school, so if they don't get pass, they'll be ****ed.

Dagys doesn't believe in PRO SMP (= third AF Corse), and in any case if Ferrari has said they want Risi and second SC (probably AF Corse satellite) there to meet make numbers equal to Ford, I don't think they need it anyway. I made that list prior hearing this, so I would now add them there - well at least Risi (Scuderia despite being run by whomever, might have issues seeing as they needed auto for AM alone) - in retrospect. And Courage, if it exists. Axing some P2s to reserves in exchange.

Anyway... there are no right answers there yet for many of these, you might be more right than me in many aspects we'll see

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Jan 2016 at 17:45.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3608197)   #280
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Why would the ACO grant a second GTE entry to a team that is only participating in a partial season with only one GTLM car?

I guess it doesn't make a difference in the end as all those entries are AF Corse run/supported...

I hope the Viper gets in based on being an unique make, none of the other candidates can make that claim but I'm not gonna count on it.

P2 is a real headache to figure out and someone - or rather sometwo or somethree - are gonna be heartbroken...

And thanks for putting me back on earth with regard to the date...!
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3608199)   #281
Deleted
Veteran

Well as you said if/when it's just another rebranded satellite AF Corse car, it doesn't really matter what is it titled...? The "SMP" PRO Ferrari isn't full season either.

In any case, I hope they don't get it, and we get extra P2 instead in place.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 19:38 (Ref:3608233)   #282
Deleted
Veteran

What do you think, if mr Panis happens to win LMP2 class somehow in that Tech 1 car, will it be able to pass the Monaco Grand Prix victory in his own mind? Probably not, but what about the overall win at Sebring with the Oreca?

By the way, although it doesn't really mean much, I'm saddened to see Olivier's wiki page doesn't even acknowledge him winning that Sebring!
Old 26 Jan 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3608245)   #283
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
By the way, although it doesn't really mean much, I'm saddened to see Olivier's wiki page doesn't even acknowledge him winning that Sebring!
Did he do any proper driving in that race though? As far as I know he may have only done something like a short stint early in the race, but my memory is fuzzy.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3608258)   #284
Deleted
Veteran

Win regardless
Old 27 Jan 2016, 09:44 (Ref:3608377)   #285
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to Sports-carracing.net,
a Japanese privateer team has finished the entry application for LM24.
http://www.sports-carracing.net/2016...tm#160126news1
Old 27 Jan 2016, 10:00 (Ref:3608380)   #286
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
According to Sports-carracing.net,
a Japanese privateer team has finished the entry application for LM24.
http://www.sports-carracing.net/2016...tm#160126news1
Curious we haven't heard of it before. Interesting of course too, but unless they enter the regional champs, and even then it's a bit sketchy, expect sama fate as for the GT500 request for Fuji... big NO

Maybe it's our old friends at JLOC wanting back after 6 year hiatus. Or Taisan again. Or SARD makes that LMP1 reality after all in shock turn of events. Or it's just some random new team.

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Jan 2016 at 10:06.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 10:42 (Ref:3608396)   #287
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just because i've got no idea where else to monger this particular rumour...

a new company was set up on 21st january called manor endurance racing ltd. no directors as yet aside from a solicitor linked with the existing manor f1 team.

wonder what's happening there then
Old 27 Jan 2016, 10:57 (Ref:3608400)   #288
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
just because i've got no idea where else to monger this particular rumour...

a new company was set up on 21st january called manor endurance racing ltd. no directors as yet aside from a solicitor linked with the existing manor f1 team.

wonder what's happening there then
This?

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...p2-effort.html
Old 27 Jan 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3608404)   #289
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i thought about that, but thought it a bit unlikely because that company was encorporated by the same person and at the same time as one that's more obviously to do with the f1 team.

but on the other hand it would suggest they quit the f1 team (and were duly removed as directors at the start of december), but haven't severed ties entirely with the manor owners.

maybe. perhaps. just thinking out loud, i have no intel.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 14:07 (Ref:3608452)   #290
Coach Ep
Veteran

Might Lowdon & Booth aka "Manor Endurance"? have bought one of KCMG's Oreca 05s (which they reportedly sold)???
Old 29 Jan 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3609031)   #291
Coach Ep
Veteran

SMP supposedly trying to take up their GTE-Am (with an older Ferrari 458) auto invite without a full season entry for that (or any other GTE) car:

Quote:
but at present it seems that the Ferrari 488 entered in the team’s name at Daytona will not be seen entered by SMP again this season, the only other GTE programme looking likely being the auto entry for Le Mans for a Ferrari 458, the team’s full season commitment in the WEC in LMP2 set to qualify the team to take up the entry.
An 'interesting' precedent looming there, KCMG might be doing a similar thing...

from http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...me-parked.html
Old 29 Jan 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3609066)   #292
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
G-Drive

Roman Rusinov will seek to defend his P2 WEC title in 2016 replacing his Ligier JS P2 with an Oreca 05
Old 29 Jan 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3609068)   #293
Coach Ep
Veteran

source?
Old 29 Jan 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3609070)   #294
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
G-Drive

On motorsport.com
Old 29 Jan 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3609073)   #295
Coach Ep
Veteran

Thanks. A bit of a surprise to me, interesting to find out which team will be fielding G-Drive racing this year?
Old 30 Jan 2016, 09:40 (Ref:3609212)   #296
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great to hear that Clearwater has taken up their invite, Ive seen them run at Bathurst and their liveries are awesome to watch go past. Well run team also. I'm guessing it'll be team owner Mok and two others.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 09:55 (Ref:3609216)   #297
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
SMP supposedly trying to take up their GTE-Am (with an older Ferrari 458) auto invite without a full season entry for that (or any other GTE) car:

An 'interesting' precedent looming there, KCMG might be doing a similar thing...

from http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...me-parked.html
It's different with SMP, as with them
1) It's an addition to the WEC cars, not sole representer in oneoff race
2) It's really AF Corse we're talking here, and ACO knows it
3) Surely they have million mile better relations with ACO than KCMG does
Old 30 Jan 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3609244)   #298
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any other women potentially on the grid this year?

http://www.rtl.fr/sport/autres-sport...ans-7781613687
Old 30 Jan 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3609259)   #299
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Any other women potentially on the grid this year?

http://www.rtl.fr/sport/autres-sport...ans-7781613687
Christina Nielsen will drive for the AF Corse satellite team Formula Racing.

Why did Keiko Ihara stopped coming, the money drains ceased I guess?

Too bad Vanina Ickx completely disappeared from the radar after that Kronos/MarcVDS LMP1 gig in 2011.

Anyway, that article of yours, glad to see her joining pretty much my favorite LMP2 squad now, 'the little team that could'... pegasisters truly

Last edited by Deleted; 30 Jan 2016 at 15:43.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 16:46 (Ref:3610605)   #300
Coach Ep
Veteran

She also revealed the team has signed up with their open top Morgan (instead of a new Ligier/Oreca) for both the ELMS and LM.