Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Jan 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3951710)   #6701
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it right, that at the 2020 LM24 the TS050 will not be so much handicapped/ they will have a fix cushion in laptime like they did a year ago? (when I remember it well, the TS050 was guaranteed a 0,500 sec laptime advantage over the competition)? thanks for the answer.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 12:19 (Ref:3951740)   #6702
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
What dou you think about the plan of Toyota to attack the LM track record at the farewell race for TS050? Do you think that the 3:10 is realistic without any BoP or EOT? Will they have the opportunity to secure a clear track for the record? Would like to see the beast without any leashes for the last time. Just for the record books. Who would be your driver to attempt?
Old 15 Jan 2020, 12:22 (Ref:3951742)   #6703
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
What dou you think about the plan of Toyota to attack the LM track record at the farewell race for TS050? Do you think that the 3:10 is realistic without any BoP or EOT? Will they have the opportunity to secure a clear track for the record? Would like to see the beast without any leashes for the last time. Just for the record books. Who would be your driver to attempt?
Driver has to be Kamui Kobayashi for sure!

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
Old 15 Jan 2020, 12:46 (Ref:3951753)   #6704
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Driver has to be Kamui Kobayashi for sure!

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

OMG what a Beast Kamui! I can remember the year when he drove for Ferrari in GTE PRO. He told for the television: "I enjoy racing, but these cars are soo slow" ! Maan, who can dare to say that a Ferrari is slow?
Old 15 Jan 2020, 23:21 (Ref:3951861)   #6705
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Kobayashi or Conway imo. They are probably the fastest guys on the squad. I think Conway holds the race lap record at Le Mans. There's no built in advantage for Toyota this year (in terms of eot lap time). But they won't be handicapped at 930kg. They will be 874 or 880kg. And have their full 8mj per lap. I think maybe 3:12s are possible, but < 3:10 is out of reach unless they run unrestricted (which I don't think will be allowed, officially).
Old 16 Jan 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3951901)   #6706
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Kobayashi or Conway imo. They are probably the fastest guys on the squad. I think Conway holds the race lap record at Le Mans. There's no built in advantage for Toyota this year (in terms of eot lap time). But they won't be handicapped at 930kg. They will be 874 or 880kg. And have their full 8mj per lap. I think maybe 3:12s are possible, but < 3:10 is out of reach unless they run unrestricted (which I don't think will be allowed, officially).

Thank you for the precious data! Can t wait to see what Toyota is capable of with this weight, MJ and the new Aero kit for LM.
Old 16 Jan 2020, 23:28 (Ref:3952020)   #6707
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They would also need the sister car to give them a tow on the straights.
Old 20 Jan 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3952438)   #6708
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
They would also need the sister car to give them a tow on the straights.

Then, I presume there is a possibility of a 3:11. 3:12 I think is doable with soft tyres and without restrictions without a tow.
Old 21 Jan 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3952581)   #6709
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
How much time was attributable to favorable wind conditions for the 3:14 lap? I seem to remember there was a tail wind going down Mulsanne, and head wind through the Porsche Curves giving more downforce?
Old 21 Jan 2020, 17:34 (Ref:3952629)   #6710
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
How much time was attributable to favorable wind conditions for the 3:14 lap? I seem to remember there was a tail wind going down Mulsanne, and head wind through the Porsche Curves giving more downforce?
If there was it was minimal. Those days that year were all hot and devoid of much wind.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3966758)   #6711
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
This has to do with Toyota and its LMP1 car. Maybe it does not exactly fit this thread but I thought it was intersting to share it.
Yesterday, "Campeones" (racing media from Argentina), had an extensive chat with José MarÃ*a "Pechito" López via Instagram Live and one of the many things he shared was the shootout in which he gained his spot in the team. Toyota called 12 drivers to test along 3 days (4 drivers each day) and some of the names were Jean-Éric Vergne, Sam Bird, Kevin Magnussen, Adrian Sutil, Felipe Nasr, Ryō Hirakawa and Heikki Kovalainen.
Old 29 Mar 2020, 05:44 (Ref:3967472)   #6712
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
This has to do with Toyota and its LMP1 car. Maybe it does not exactly fit this thread but I thought it was intersting to share it.
Yesterday, "Campeones" (racing media from Argentina), had an extensive chat with José MarÃ*a "Pechito" López via Instagram Live and one of the many things he shared was the shootout in which he gained his spot in the team. Toyota called 12 drivers to test along 3 days (4 drivers each day) and some of the names were Jean-Éric Vergne, Sam Bird, Kevin Magnussen, Adrian Sutil, Felipe Nasr, Ryō Hirakawa and Heikki Kovalainen.
New names in that list. I heard Sutil, Hirakawa and Jev but not the others.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3968488)   #6713
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Toyota can't complain about lack of time to to prepare the debut of their hypercar!
Old 20 Apr 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3971853)   #6714
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Minor point, but starting from today (and hence for the last races for LMP1 as we know it) TMG will officially change their operating name from Toyota Motorsport GmbH to Toyota Gazoo Racing Europe GmbH. Seems to be part of Toyota Motorsport standardizing on the use of the Gazoo Racing branding for most of their platforms outside of Toyota Racing Development USA.
Old 1 May 2020, 04:51 (Ref:3973901)   #6715
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In These Days with covid 19 I am giving more opinions with my feelings and I do not care if you answer me or not, Toyota had a hard time to win Le Mans but finally they did and they already won it 2 times.
And now that it is easy in 2020 too then, why not think of winning with an iconic and unforgettable car?
I have the feeling that the Mazda787 is much more iconic than the 13 Audis that won Le Mans and even the Ferrari 333SP is much more iconic than all of them.
Now that it's easy ..... Why not put on a V12 in the TS50 and make it a victory with an unforgettable sound?

Last edited by hondafan37; 1 May 2020 at 05:09.
Old 1 May 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3973987)   #6716
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
In These Days with covid 19 I am giving more opinions with my feelings and I do not care if you answer me or not, Toyota had a hard time to win Le Mans but finally they did and they already won it 2 times.
And now that it is easy in 2020 too then, why not think of winning with an iconic and unforgettable car?
I have the feeling that the Mazda787 is much more iconic than the 13 Audis that won Le Mans and even the Ferrari 333SP is much more iconic than all of them.
Now that it's easy ..... Why not put on a V12 in the TS50 and make it a victory with an unforgettable sound?
Because as Aston realized you can't win with a V12 today. Especially with the new news that will be coming out...
Old 2 May 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3974075)   #6717
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Because as Aston realized you can't win with a V12 today. Especially with the new news that will be coming out...
New news? Sounds interesting!
Old 2 May 2020, 20:26 (Ref:3974171)   #6718
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
New news? Sounds interesting!
Convergence news soon.
We're happy and believe our LMH will be very competitive Performance and price wise.
Old 2 May 2020, 21:02 (Ref:3974176)   #6719
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Convergence news soon.
We're happy and believe our LMH will be very competitive Performance and price wise.
That would be good news in these times!
Old 3 May 2020, 01:10 (Ref:3974198)   #6720
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Convergence news soon.

Inside Turn 4 at Road Atlanta, multi-canopy campsite with 6 flag poles. Glickenhaus team members welcome any time at Petit.
Old 4 May 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3974474)   #6721
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Inside Turn 4 at Road Atlanta, multi-canopy campsite with 6 flag poles. Glickenhaus team members welcome any time at Petit.
Old 20 May 2020, 01:31 (Ref:3977244)   #6722
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toyota will "run" Oreca 07s in the Virtual LM next month
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/lema...s-involvement/

... It just made me laugh

Maybe in few years time they will be running em on track, too
Old 20 May 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3977322)   #6723
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Toyota will "run" Oreca 07s in the Virtual LM next month
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/lema...s-involvement/

... It just made me laugh

Maybe in few years time they will be running em on track, too
Nah, they'll just move on to another series if that's the case. I doubt they let the aco dictate they have to use an lmp2 chassis with them being one of the two manufacturers left.

I do think it's funny they'll use the Oreca in the E-sports lm race though
Old 20 May 2020, 12:54 (Ref:3977326)   #6724
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Nah, they'll just move on to another series if that's the case. I doubt they let the aco dictate they have to use an lmp2 chassis with them being one of the two manufacturers left.

I do think it's funny they'll use the Oreca in the E-sports lm race though
No, I don't think the ACO is going to mandate them to use it, such would make em look bad. It's just that by say 2023-2024 it's probable that literally everyone else is running those spec daytona cars with less than half of the running costs of "Hypercar". And then Toyota may give up and just run Oreca 07 with aesthetic body parts against Porsche's Oreca, GM's Dallara, Mazda's Riley, Alpine's Oreca, Honda/Acura's Oreca and someone else's Ligier-thingy.
Old 21 May 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3977511)   #6725
Deleted
Veteran

If this infinitely cheaper operation at N24 is cancelled for the year due to lack of time for development and restrictions on personnel, wouldn't the final 24h for LMP1 also be at risk? I mean yes the old car does not have any big updates coming up anymore except the updated LM package but you know. They still have to keep developing the lame hypercar behind curtains too
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-24-hours.html