Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3931477)   #226
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Great result. Geraint,We did 6 pit stops with 4 fuel fill ups.
Blimey.....4 fuel stops. We used about 170 litre for the whole thing. I expect you used at least twice that. Still it looked great going round

How did the tyres and brakes stand up?
Old 3 Oct 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3931646)   #227
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great result. Geraint,We did 6 pit stops with 4 fuel fill ups.

Which vehicle was this in Delta?
Old 3 Oct 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3931672)   #228
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Cann View Post
Which vehicle was this in Delta?

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=183

Posted in case Iain gets a bit busy today ...
Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3931728)   #229
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Galaxie brakes well alight Spa 2019.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	54008
Photos are starting to come in. Thanks Jeff Bloxham.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3931732)   #230
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Galaxie holding everyone up 2019..jpg
Views:	19
Size:	769.9 KB
ID:	54009
Last picture then its time to move on.Great fun but I recon my ears must of been burning a few times. Here I am holding up a few cars.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3931746)   #231
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Attachment 54009
Last picture then its time to move on.Great fun but I recon my ears must of been burning a few times. Here I am holding up a few cars.
Nah just say they were holding you up and you finally passed them!
Old 3 Oct 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3931755)   #232
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
We had a pretty trouble free run, pitted for first driver change under safety car #1 and pitted for the second change just before the second SC. We got fuel at this point so managed to fuel under SC too. Very pleased with 33rd

The first hour was very very slippery and not much fun, but I was impressed with the driving of the GT40s who were all very respectful as they came through the field. I wish the same could be said about the E-types......!!!

Overall a great 6 hour
Not sure I agree that the GT40’s were respectful, one of them punted my mustang off in the braking zone at La source before the turn in and spun the car into the barrier.....totally unnecessary and no contact from the car’s owner: we were running 2nd in class at the halfway mark so pretty unhappy. Goodwood are staring to crack down on this sort of driving , so should Spa.

Will post a photo of the damage if someone tells me how to do that.....
Old 3 Oct 2019, 22:33 (Ref:3931799)   #233
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by exnigel View Post
Not sure I agree that the GT40’s were respectful, one of them punted my mustang off in the braking zone at La source before the turn in and spun the car into the barrier.....totally unnecessary and no contact from the car’s owner: we were running 2nd in class at the halfway mark so pretty unhappy. Goodwood are staring to crack down on this sort of driving , so should Spa.

When you reply - scroll down to the "additional options" and you can attach files - such as photos....

Edit - you may have to use the "Go advanced" option rather than "quick reply"....
Old 3 Oct 2019, 22:38 (Ref:3931801)   #234
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

If you are using a computer to post messages try scrolling down a little below the message creation window and you should see an "Additional" option to "Attach files".

Click on that and you get a chance to attach up to 6 files per post.

For line of the 6 available use the browse function to find, on your device, the image you want to include, and select it.

NOTE THAT THERE IS AN UPLOAD BUTTON THAT YOU NEED TO USE WHEN YOU HAVE MADE YOUR SELECTIONS. There are times when this may be hidden in an expanded working selection window so it's easy to forget that step.

Having uploaded you can check how things look using Preview if you wish before clicking the "Submit Reply" button as usual.

HTH.

ETA. I see Richard got there first. Must have posted just as I started to create my reply.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 04:36 (Ref:3931849)   #235
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Having been punted off by a GT40 at La Source 2 years ago (which was going backwards when it hit me) and having our race ruined, I know how you feel. I confronted the driver (owner) the next day, and even then hardly got an apology.....

My take, which I stated few pages ago, was that this year most of the fastest cars were patient, but of course a few were pushy as always....
Old 4 Oct 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3931861)   #236
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damaged Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sorry to hear that. Having been punted off by a GT40 at La Source 2 years ago (which was going backwards when it hit me) and having our race ruined, I know how you feel. I confronted the driver (owner) the next day, and even then hardly got an apology.....

My take, which I stated few pages ago, was that this year most of the fastest cars were patient, but of course a few were pushy as always....
Attached two photos: Car was hit from behind on RHS, and spun 180 before hitting barriers on left of La Source. Not really a racing incident as we were in a different race albeit on the same track. GT40 went on to be placed on the podium, so we paid the price for his mistake........
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1802.JPG   IMG_1799.JPG  
Old 4 Oct 2019, 08:45 (Ref:3931864)   #237
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My sympathies, been there myself.

On another subject, anyone got pics of Car 136 in the Gent Drivers? Would be nice to have something to prove we were there.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3931868)   #238
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
My sympathies, been there myself.

On another subject, anyone got pics of Car 136 in the Gent Drivers? Would be nice to have something to prove we were there.
Although not a pic . On Youtube there is a onboard vid of a Daytona Cobra passing a car that I thought looked a lot like yours .

Just thought I'd mention. https://youtu.be/9DUdsfKL7Vc

Edit- It is .

Last edited by Willmaz223; 4 Oct 2019 at 09:20. Reason: Watched video back and added link.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 09:27 (Ref:3931869)   #239
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, that was qualifying. Since Nigel has something like three times the BHP of my MGB its not surprising he was that much quicker. As an aside I had a laugh with Callum Lockie when I thanked him for the TV coverage I received every time he lapped me at Silverstone!
Old 10 Oct 2019, 04:10 (Ref:3933038)   #240
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Although not a pic . On Youtube there is a onboard vid of a Daytona Cobra passing a car that I thought looked a lot like yours .

Just thought I'd mention. https://youtu.be/9DUdsfKL7Vc

Edit- It is .
Driver should get into BTCC as he obviously loves ALL kerbs.!!
Old 10 Oct 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3933054)   #241
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Having a look to the wipers give you an idea of aerodynamics back in the day… Nice way to catch the apex in Brussels corner tho!
Old 10 Oct 2019, 11:43 (Ref:3933101)   #242
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Driver should get into BTCC as he obviously loves ALL kerbs.!!

Nah, he missed at least the last 2 ...
Old 10 Oct 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3933114)   #243
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Guus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Picture MGB No. 136

Here's a picture of MGB No. 136 !
Attached Thumbnails
ZON_2873 (1280x857).jpg  
Old 10 Oct 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3933120)   #244
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It was a bit dark wasn't it!

Thank you.
Old 10 Oct 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3933121)   #245
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Six Hours Race Pictures

Pictures MGBs No. 41 and 91, Lotus Elan No.31
Attached Thumbnails
ZAT_0774 (1280x854).jpg   ZAT_0937 (1280x854).jpg   ZAT_1216 (1280x1031).jpg  

Old 10 Oct 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3933123)   #246
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It was a bit dark wasn't it!

Thank you.
Picture taken at 16.30 h. !
Old 10 Oct 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3933134)   #247
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
As people are asking for photos
Need a decent one of Alta and Talbot in Pre War Sports and Elva in 6 hrs
Seems the we will have a Derby GT 40 for 6 hrs next year
Old 10 Oct 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3933181)   #248
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Nice pics, thanks. I see LEDs are allowed…
Old 11 Oct 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3933246)   #249
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I see LEDs are allowed…
Old 11 Oct 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3933277)   #250
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Pre-War Sports Cars Race Pics

Pics of the Talbot and Alta
Attached Thumbnails