Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 Feb 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1531515)   #226
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok then you lot, as far as i can make out and feel free to correct me if and when i am wrong these are the seats still available, Comtec x2, Cram x1, Eurointernational x2, GD x2, Interwetten x2, Jenzer x1, KTR x2, Saulnier x2, Victory x2. Quite a few still up for grabs, come on Eric.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1531576)   #227
pimbopap
Rookie

pimbopap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
Ok then you lot, as far as i can make out and feel free to correct me if and when i am wrong these are the seats still available, Comtec x2, Cram x1, Eurointernational x2, GD x2, Interwetten x2, Jenzer x1, KTR x2, Saulnier x2, Victory x2. Quite a few still up for grabs, come on Eric.

Cram is done with Hanley and Pavlovic; Saulnier seems to be about to leave another french team Tech1 (from Megane trophy) to come over...maybe this could be the one for your hero
Old 25 Feb 2006, 23:52 (Ref:1531640)   #228
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbopap
Saulnier seems to be about to leave another french team Tech1 (from Megane trophy) to come over...
That's interesting - it had been Prema, GP Racing and Euronova on the reserve team list. Obviously DAMS sold out to Prema, so I assume GP Racing and Euronova have too much on their plate with committing to Euro 3000/Italian F3000.

I wonder if Tech 1 Racing are planning to run their 2005 Megane Trophy drivers, Simon Abadie and Mathieu Lahaye (both with single-seater experience)?
Old 26 Feb 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1531752)   #229
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only do Abadie and Lahaye have single seater racing experience, both drove for Saulnier in the past.
Perhaps Tech1 will take over but race under Saulnier(-Tech1) name?

I can't see Euronova and GP Racing coming over either, as we're too close to the season and those teams will have no time to contract drivers, get the equipment and test before the new season.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1532564)   #230
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok rossiter may not walk it.....

....but he will be champ!

and i will eat my hat otherwise (because i dont drink. virtual or not!)
Old 27 Feb 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1532629)   #231
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Series by Renault squad Comtec Racing have moved quickly to fill the seat vacated by the DTM-bound Susie Stoddart - replacing her with the relatively unknown Edwin Jowsey.

The 19 year-old Englishman has never raced contemporary single-seater machinery, however has been successful in historic racing categories in Britain.

...ooooook
Old 28 Feb 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1533064)   #232
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
All I know is that his father is a very big advocate of Edwin's talent....

How big that talent is is open to debate however.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1534528)   #233
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to swedish newspaper Expressen, Alx Danielsson has signed with Comtec after his GP2 deal fell through.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1534568)   #234
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Seen this?
http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~WS-...~id~125937.htm
Old 2 Mar 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1534618)   #235
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, that was in AS today too. Also mentions Surtees looking for something for Alex Lloyd
Old 2 Mar 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1534874)   #236
pimbopap
Rookie

pimbopap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone can watch italiaracing and stopandgo to have quite a few updates includin the one mentioned here above.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1534967)   #237
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Yep, that was in AS today too. Also mentions Surtees looking for something for Alex Lloyd
nice to know alex isnt being forgotten. i still reckon if he is put in the A1 car he would make as good use of the car as robbie. maybe even better.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1534982)   #238
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mr flyer, sir, does the announcement that robbie kerr will be doing wsr mean that you might consider reversing your hat eating nomination?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 06:11 (Ref:1535143)   #239
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
nah i still reckon rossiter should do the business. good wee driver. and i think better than kerr too. depends on the team performance but im sure pons can give james what he needs.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1535198)   #240
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe nice to see Brits ignoring the rest of the talent in the grid :P
Old 3 Mar 2006, 10:43 (Ref:1535312)   #241
Kebab
Racer

Why do people rate Rossiter so highly (sorry if I am ignorant) - I've looked up his CV and he's not really done anything that impressive? Coming 7th in F3 Euroseries last year was pretty average (unless he only did a part-season)?

Who are the other favourites?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1535324)   #242
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
rossiter had an unlucky year last year in f3. on talent he is right with the like sof hamilton and carroll as britians best up and comers. and the honda f1 team agree.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1535370)   #243
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes Rossiter is quite highly rated but i'm particularly pleased to hear the KTR announcement about Kerr, the guy needed a decent break and still has a lot to offer i reckon.

Last edited by chunterer; 3 Mar 2006 at 12:18. Reason: half asleep
Old 3 Mar 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1535393)   #244
Kebab
Racer

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how the WSR year turns out now - should be very interesting!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1535567)   #245
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
rossiter had an unlucky year last year in f3. on talent he is right with the like sof hamilton and carroll as britians best up and comers. and the honda f1 team agree.
i actually think he's better. you can't underestimate someone who understands the car and has a decent level of intellegence. hamilton hasn't really been in a car that's been quite so noticably off the pace so he could easily struggle if everything wasn't perfect. carroll is a better on track driver, but i think he lacks the technical stuff. i can't quite articulate the difference. as a side note, i think it's a bad thing for a driver to be have a championship to concentrate on and potentially a 3rd driver thingy. especially when they've not won a championship yet.

and we're not ignoring the non-british drivers, it's just all the good ones are from this fair isle
Old 3 Mar 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1535575)   #246
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
and we're not ignoring the non-british drivers, it's just all the good ones are from this fair isle
Hehehe ok, I think you are into bets involving hat eating, aren't you?

I do think it is more open than a Brit fight. In fact, I do look forward to this championship, it shapes up like a mini GP2.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1535594)   #247
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yeah, it's going to be a lot more competitive than gp2 for certain. perhaps not in the races, but the championship story will be very interesting.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1535605)   #248
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
well i dont think rossiter is better than hamilton or carroll (but of course thats my stance by default!). i guess thats why he hasnt managed to find a berth in gp2 despite testing for a number of teams. but even taking my union jack tinted spectacles off i think james is more than capable of taking WSR by the scruff of the neck and winning it in 06. he is in my opinion the best driver in the series.

2006 just gets potentially better and better. f1 looks as closley matched as i can recall it ever being. gp2 has another 'best driving lineup outside f1' grid and WSR aint far off. i cant beleive ive been ignoring the pre-season for f3 aswell!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1535675)   #249
Kebab
Racer

I wouldn't assume that the only reason people don't get into GP2 is talent - there's a little thing called MONEY that tends to effect a driver's success much more than talent does!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1535724)   #250
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes of course money is a factor, but generally speaking I would say that the drivers in GP2 are there because they deserve to be and not because they have a big sponsor/backer. The guys in WSR are great, dont get me wrong, and in a year or so some of them will be in GP2. Some of the guys in the WSR are better than some of the guys in GP2 but generally that isnt the case. IMO.