Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 19 Aug 2014, 23:37 (Ref:3445555)   #1
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2014 Johnny Herbert Karting Challenge - 20th Anniversary Race

Hi everyone,

This year sees the 20th Anniversary of the Challenge to be held on Sunday 7th December at Capital Karts Barking and raising funds for "The Halow Project" once again.

See: http://www.halowproject.org.uk/

Some celebrity drivers have already informed the organisers of their intention to join Johnny Herbert and Damon Hill OBE for this special event and include Mark Blundell, David Brabham, Sam Brabham, Danny Watts, Oliver Gavin, Rob Collard, James Cole and Duncan Tappy.

Other celebrities include TV star Gareth Jones and Strictly Come Dancing star Brendan Cole.

My team Hamilton's Flyers will be supporting the event once again and hope to defend our pole position at last year's race.

See some of you there.

Paula

Old 19 Aug 2014, 23:39 (Ref:3445556)   #2
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For more details see:

http://johnnyherbertkarting.co.uk/?p=878

and:

http://johnnyherbertkarting.co.uk/?p=883#comments
Old 20 Oct 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3466854)   #3
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Our team Hamilton's Flyers are really looking forward to this year's race in December.

We have merged with last year's PDS Motosport and I have my old friends and very rapid karters Oliver Cooper-Welton, Ben Langford & Jimmy Skyers joining Lucy Owens & Anna Richards.

It's going to be like old times 10 to 14 years ago when they raced all over the country in MSA events, Roger Sheffield's Formula 6 etc and I photographed them for Karting Magazine, winning races and championships ...

Do try and come down to this wonderful event and support all the teams. It's a great day out.

Paula Hamilton

Here's the latest news: http://johnnyherbertkarting.co.uk/?cat=5

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 20 Oct 2014 at 18:18.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 03:43 (Ref:3466985)   #4
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope it all goes well for you Paula, I went along to the Henry Surtees Foundation event a couple of weeks ago, that was well supported.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3467029)   #5
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks honeybun ...

These charity karting events are very special indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
I really hope it all goes well for you Paula, I went along to the Henry Surtees Foundation event a couple of weeks ago, that was well supported.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3472609)   #6
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Time is flying by and the JHKC is only four weeks away on Sunday December 7th.

Try and get down to Capital Karts in Barking and cheer all the teams on.

It's going to be a great event.

Sorry but organiser Roy Craig is trying to get the official website sorted out with all the latest news because it's down at present.

Will let you all know when it's back up and running.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3472623)   #7
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Just heard this from Roy.

"l have team spaces available due to non starters!!"

Anyone who wants to race, please contact Roy by phone or e-mail:

01494 711788 or 07709 895210

roycraig99@gmail.com
Old 12 Nov 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3473867)   #8
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Latest news from Roy Craig.

"Although l'm close to being full, people could be put on a reserve list"
Old 25 Nov 2014, 00:54 (Ref:3478425)   #9
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well in less than two weeks now this year's race will be run.

Unfortunately the official website is still down, so I shall be posting the latest news on the challenge's Facebook page.

See: https://www.facebook.com/groups/137657039579244/

Organiser Roy Craig informed me earlier that " We are all set now, there will be 24/25 teams with quite a few well known racing drivers joining in."

These names I have mentioned in previous posts.

On Saturday our team ' Hamilton's Flyers' went over to Capital Karts and joined in one of their race events to get practice. Our drivers Andre Pageot and Oliver Cooper-Welton came first and second respectively.

I went out during the race for a few laps ( I am not competing in the actual race ) made a mistake in one corner, hit the barrier and cracked a rib. Ouch !!! I was so angry with myself.

Anyway a visit to A & E locally,a quick x-ray plus advice to take Ibuprofen and it will be fine very soon. Luckily I have a very high pain threshold.

Don't forget that anyone is welcome with only a £5.00 entry fee per adult with children being allowed in free.

Lots of chances to get Damon Hill's and Johnny Herbert's autographs plus many other top drivers.

See you there.

Paula Hamilton

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 25 Nov 2014 at 01:04.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3482580)   #10
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
24 hours from now, the race will have been run, winners congratulated and hopefully everybody will have had a great day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1376...=group_comment

Results to follow early next week.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 20:39 (Ref:3482589)   #11
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Forgot to mention Andre Pageot is also racing with our team this year, so we have a full compliment of six drivers.

Two weeks ago most of the team practiced by joining one of Capital Karts races with 22 other drivers. Andre came first followed by Oliver.

I went out for a short while, came across a back marker and hit the barrier.

Ouch !!!

I caught the hard edge of the seat with my upper left rib and either cracked or bruised it.

A quick trip to the local hospital that same evening for an X-Ray could not confirm if it was cracked but after two weeks it's beginning to feel much better after plenty of Ibuprofen ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
Our team Hamilton's Flyers are really looking forward to this year's race in December.

We have merged with last year's PDS Motosport and I have my old friends and very rapid karters Oliver Cooper-Welton, Ben Langford & Jimmy Skyers joining Lucy Owens & Anna Richards.

It's going to be like old times 10 to 14 years ago when they raced all over the country in MSA events, Roger Sheffield's Formula 6 etc and I photographed them for Karting Magazine, winning races and championships ...

Do try and come down to this wonderful event and support all the teams. It's a great day out.

Paula Hamilton
Old 8 Dec 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3483268)   #12
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well yesterday's race was great and organiser Roy Craig said:

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen

Just a big thanks from me for helping make The Johnny Herbert Karting Challenge the success that it was, there is no way I could do it without your support.

Would you please all thank your team members for joining us in raising over £16,000 for The Halow Project, they will put this to very good use.

Very many thanks from Johnny and I.

Happy Christmas and all the best for 2015

Old 8 Dec 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3483276)   #13
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sadly the official website is still not working but here are the top three:

1st: BT Motorsport
2nd: Howard Kayman
3rd: The 2 Johnny's

Our team "Hamilton's Flyers" came eighth out of twenty-five which was very pleasing as all the top teams like us were very competitive.

We also qualified 8th and had the eighth fastest lap time of 70.362 secs as against winners BT Motorsport's time of 69.082 secs.

We had to change karts during practice/qualifying because the majority of karts were pulling away from us on the straights. Our new one was much quicker.

But as with all motorsport, the quicker the machine, the higher you get unless you are a complete nonsense driver ...

Looking forward to next year already.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year everyone.

Paula

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 8 Dec 2014 at 23:51.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3483296)   #14
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Thanks for the updates Paula, it was great to see so much money raised and I hope you aren't feeling too sore ?
Old 11 Dec 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3484004)   #15
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
You are welcome Paul ...

Thank you, the ribs are feeling much better now nearly three weeks on.

Merry Christmas and Happy New to you.

Paula

PS. Here are fotos from the event by Hannah Crick on her brother's website.

http://davidc.zenfolio.com/jhkarting2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Thanks for the updates Paula, it was great to see so much money raised and I hope you aren't feeling too sore ?
Old 11 Dec 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3484005)   #16
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Video of Damon Hill at the JHKC on Sky saying that McLaren should keep Jenson Button

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...ld-keep-button
Old 16 Dec 2014, 01:03 (Ref:3485370)   #17
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Great fotos, I certainly recognised a few karters in and amongst the celeb driver guests, it looks like a lot of fun was had by all !

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too
Old 30 Jan 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3499164)   #18
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
The official video of the event with Steve Mowbray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMi_...g9AgKx8LwWfArA

also an interesting interview with Johnny talking about the 2014 F1 season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X-0...wWfArA&index=3