Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Apr 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1570655)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TR Trackday @ Mallory 4/4/06

Another day in paradise, clear skies & plenty of track action.
The day started with a surprise though, the Mallory Beavers had taken down the huge Beech tree on the outside of the circuit opposite Post`10, apparently a Tree Doctor had pronouced it 'rotten' so it had to go.
Also noticable were large scale earthworks from the Bus Stop down to the Elbow, when it's finished it'll be like Rockingham, only difference is Mallory has spectators!
A full range of TR's were out, along with a few interlopers - MGB, Subaru, MR2, TVR to name a few.
Probably the most spectacular show was put on by a yellow road going Dolomite Sprint, although a racing Vittese Estate ended the day spectacularly when it's nearside rear wheel sheared off exiting Gerards.
Even the lunchbreak had entertainment, when the wooden Startline gantry was replaced with a shiny purpose built aluminium one.

Once again thanks to: Wayne, JP & Les for putting up with me, here's to a fortnights time when the AMOC have their Trackday.

A picture of the new Gantry & also a TR8 that lost a fight with the Gerards tyre wall are on the Marshals Post site.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1572566)   #2
Mik
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Mik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick note to say thanks to all those who staffed this track day. I for one had a great time (racing spitfire number 43) and I know many other participants enjoyed the day too judging by comments made on club messageboards.

Thanks all. Back later in the year for a *real* race
Old 6 Apr 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1572574)   #3
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I cannot tell a lie, the Vitesse was mine.

And I regret that I didn't get the names of the two retrieval crew members who got me off the track (onto the new bikers bend tarmac) so the last sesssions could continue and then onto my trailer when testing had finished. I can't believe how easy and gentle they were. I was resigned to a bit of butchery - it's damaged so why worry?
But I don't think they even scratched the paint.
Thank you gentlemen! I'm most grateful. You scooted off before I could thank you, but the pints are on me next time.

John
Old 7 Apr 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1573302)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Caped Crusaders were Les & JP.
Funniest site of the day was Les driving back into the Padock after dealing with the Vittesse, Les was standing on the back of the wrecker, hanging on for his life. Wayne & I in Race Control were creased up laughing.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1573365)   #5
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD
I cannot tell a lie, the Vitesse was mine.

And I regret that I didn't get the names of the two retrieval crew members who got me off the track (onto the new bikers bend tarmac) so the last sesssions could continue and then onto my trailer when testing had finished. I can't believe how easy and gentle they were. I was resigned to a bit of butchery - it's damaged so why worry?
But I don't think they even scratched the paint.
Thank you gentlemen! I'm most grateful. You scooted off before I could thank you, but the pints are on me next time.

John

I had a feeling it might be yours having read the Fat Clerks post! Any chance it will be fixed for Cadwell????? -- that is if the TRs are racing with the MGs.
Old 7 Apr 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1573367)   #6
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik
Just a quick note to say thanks to all those who staffed this track day. I for one had a great time (racing spitfire number 43) and I know many other participants enjoyed the day too judging by comments made on club messageboards.

Thanks all. Back later in the year for a *real* race
Glad "Little Aggie" had a good day Looking forward to MGCC at Cadwell & catching up. did she get her new engine over the winter??
Old 7 Apr 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1573459)   #7
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Joyce,
No, the TSSC/TR has no race at that Cadwell meet.
We'll be at Cadwell with the CSCC on July 1/2.
Meanwhile, I'm aiming at the MGCC Donny meet, May 6th.

Will you be officiating at other MGCC meetings?
We will be at most of them, inc. the Silverstone extravaganza in June.
I'll hope to see you at one or the other.
Look out for the Silverback flag!
John
Old 9 Apr 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1574780)   #8
Mik
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Mik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyceswan
Glad "Little Aggie" had a good day Looking forward to MGCC at Cadwell & catching up. did she get her new engine over the winter??
Yes, new engine fitted (and working apparently - Mallory was the first proper test). As John said we're not at the MGCC Cadwell meeting but we'll be there later in the year.