Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:03 (Ref:1980455)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Alonso blocking/penalty thread (AKA The rage is on !) [MERGED]

Beautiful. That's what happens when you expect team mates to be nice. McLaren have another Prost/Senna problem - awesome!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1980456)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep,

Can't beat him on the track so use any other means. If Lewis takes that view he'll be ok.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1980457)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso was very clever? Perhaps, he was also very cheap though. IMO.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1980458)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant. Love it.

A proper rivalry at last.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1980459)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheap?

CHEAP?

Man, that really stinks. I don't see that as clever at all.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:05 (Ref:1980460)   #6
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, good thinking by Alonso IMO.

Not going to help inter-team relations I dont think, but Alonso is in it for himself, as is Hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Man, that really stinks. I don't see that as clever at all.
Well, given that he went faster than Hamilton, and made sure he couldnĀ“t be beaten - I would disagree, and say it was very smart, albeit a wee bit underhand.

Ofcourse, this is all assuming there was no car problems.

Last edited by Kidzer; 4 Aug 2007 at 13:08.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1980461)   #7
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm getting extremely fed up with that punk kid Alonso.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:07 (Ref:1980462)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As long as they view it as on track rivalry, but it was a cheap shot wasn't it?

A shame really because it devalues Alonso's stock in my eyes (not that that is important).
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:07 (Ref:1980463)   #9
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Alonso really did this deliberately (and the data will show if there was a problem) Ron is going to be really really upset. Things are bad enough with the Ferrari debacle at the moment without them doing this within the team.

Odds on Ron sacking him? Extreme perhaps but who knows....
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1980464)   #10
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oh man, can't wait to see how Ron's going to react to this one. Great stuff Alonso, for entertainments sake if nothing else.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1980465)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shows how worried he is, I guess......
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:09 (Ref:1980467)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was certainly slightly underhand. But it really stokes things up for tomorrow.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1980470)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I don't think anything really needs stoking up.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1980471)   #14
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what sort of circus is Ron running at the moment?!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1980473)   #15
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Brilliant. Love it.

A proper rivalry at last.
YES, Brilliant!

Bring back the 'Mclaren cold war' year from the late 80's!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1980474)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, more than slightly Knowlesy, if he did do it deliberately (and Ron clearly thinks so), it was done to ensure that a team mate couldn't get another lap in. I agree with Peter, it devalues Alonso's stock substantially for me.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:12 (Ref:1980477)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
No, more than slightly Knowlesy, if he did do it deliberately (and Ron clearly thinks so), it was done to ensure that a team mate couldn't get another lap in. I agree with Peter, it devalues Alonso's stock substantially for me.
I don't know. I mean, maybe I'm not in the right mood to judge this properly at the moment.

I like both drivers and it made me chuckle a bit so I don't know...

Lewis is clearly in no doubt what happened. I wonder now if McLaren will now favour Lewis strategy wise tomorrow to compensate?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1980480)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think Lewis is going to be pretty fired up for the run to T1 tomorrow, somehow........
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1980481)   #19
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very unsporting..... Alonso is starting to leave a very sour taste.

Struggling to keep up with the pace with Hamilton so he has to do it off the track...bad words in the press. If the shoe was on the other foot how far would Alonso thrown his rattle from the pram....very far i think!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:15 (Ref:1980484)   #20
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A real spanner in the works there from Fernando. No point defending him, but it's set up a great race! Turn one is gonna be fantastic.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1980485)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not so much Senna/Prost, more Piquet/Mansell from 1986/7.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1980486)   #22
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso you magnificent *******.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1980488)   #23
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso... what a ******!! How long will Ron keep him??[EDIT] Don't dodge the autocensor.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 4 Aug 2007 at 13:20.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:18 (Ref:1980490)   #24
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That team-mate having been 4/10ths quicker last time around. Even if that's not on outright pace (doesn't Hamilton usually qualify quite light on fuel relative to FA?) then it's probably more than could be compensated for by a different strategy - FA worried of LH running off into the distance on a lighter fuel load? Getting in front off of the line will certainly scupper that!

Very cool-headed thinking in the heat of the moment, I have to admire that as much as LH keeping his engine running in the gravel trap, even if I don't respect what he did.

Last edited by Tim Wilkinson; 4 Aug 2007 at 13:20.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 13:18 (Ref:1980491)   #25
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the kind of cheap move I would expect of a World Champion - I hope he gets a *******ing from Ron - it is very clear that Hamilton has Alonso rattled - my opinion of Alonso just keeps going down and down.

[EDIT] The autocensor really does work.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 4 Aug 2007 at 13:21.