Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 15 Feb 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3205277)   #26
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of a similar (or later) era, I recall Nigel Vaulkhard racing at Cadwell with the Classic Saloon Car Club in a pair of yellow Cortinas on the same day, one in Pre 65's and one Classic Thunder, presumeably with a suitably different spec.
Old 18 May 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3823256)   #27
ITSIDWAYS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley
ITSIDWAYS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have any pictures of these races from the mid 90s?
Old 18 May 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3823264)   #28
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing Harvey De'ath in a Mini Cooper didn't some of these cars end up in the Heritage GT Car Challenge ? The series seemed to end when Harvey started racing a Radical based Mini !
Old 18 May 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3823266)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'll have to dig some out as I did every race in that series with the BTCC.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Apr 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3896656)   #30
Simon1977
Rookie

Simon1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ics historics

Hi gordon streeter i have sent you a more in depth private messege. My father ian used to do the mechanics for nevil smith racing the green anglia number 75 then bought one of the yellow lotus cortinas and raced that. With neil roper who worked for big teams as jordan heart doing his engine work . My dad has cancer bad, some footage of yours and nevs races would cheers him up to reminisce about travelling the country in caravan and nevs racing career .we were at every race. If you could help with this me and mum would be over the moon to give him a little positivity . Many thanks , simon ward
Old 10 Apr 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3896682)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1977 View Post
Hi gordon streeter i have sent you a more in depth private messege. My father ian used to do the mechanics for nevil smith racing the green anglia number 75 then bought one of the yellow lotus cortinas and raced that. With neil roper who worked for big teams as jordan heart doing his engine work . My dad has cancer bad, some footage of yours and nevs races would cheers him up to reminisce about travelling the country in caravan and nevs racing career .we were at every race. If you could help with this me and mum would be over the moon to give him a little positivity . Many thanks , simon ward
PM sent
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Apr 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3899033)   #32
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1977 View Post

Sorry to hear about your dad. I raced a Lotus Cortina in ICS for a few years and will have come across your dad, I'm sure. Was he at Donington park in 1994 (I think) when Mansell was racing a Mondeo and the circuit was packed full of fans that day. I think Nevil in the green Anglia (which had been the Jim/Richard Evans car) finished about 20 odd seconds in front of me. I think he was 5th and I was 6th. He then bought the Pete Landers Cortina (won the HRSR championship in 1997) and then sold it to Louis Bracey from Bristol then it went to Dan Cox and now raced by Richard Belcher in HRSR Historic Touring Cars. Did Nevil have two of the Landers/Marksdanes yellow Cortinas?