Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 30 Dec 2000, 19:17 (Ref:54962)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I received a "spam" from a new fantasy racing website run by Mario Andretti (or anyway with his blessing), inviting me to participate in various fantasy racing teams. I went over to check it out and discovered that he proposes to charge $138.00 US for a season's participation in his CART racing league.

We had a very nice time with a Fantasy Racing League in the "Cool Sites" forum of this site last year that was set up by a fellow without an Expensive Name - and we did it for free.

Can you see any reason why I (or anyone) should pay close to $200 for a season of fantasy racing? I can't.
Old 30 Dec 2000, 20:22 (Ref:54973)   #2
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly wouldn't pay that much money for a fantasy F1 competition. Of course the prizes may be higher but there would be no need for fees that high. It might just be for the Mario Andretti name that you are paying for. If anybody get's this I definately would advise against taking part.

Ally
Old 30 Dec 2000, 22:42 (Ref:55019)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who are they trying to kid? Money-grabbing fools. And anyone who participates is an even bigger one.
Old 31 Dec 2000, 18:49 (Ref:55309)   #4
SDiablo
Rookie

SDiablo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Actually I got that e-mail too. Already signed up. I'm going to win some big money. I'm tired of winning all the free games and getting nothing in return. I know my racing and I'm going to kick butt and win some big cash this year. I spend $10 per week on Football pools at the office and win maybe $100. Let's see, I'm spending $200 per year on football pools and so dar i have won $160. Here I can win $15,000. I'm going for it.
Old 1 Jan 2001, 07:35 (Ref:55429)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This dubious proposal became my first ever spam message-not much of a distinction- I promptly dumped it without even getting to the details and clicked the "block sender" button, as I was fearing all kinds of dreaded things, viruses,trojan horses etc etc (like I said, this was the first time I ever received unsolicited mail)
How do these things get directed to people? There must be a connection somewhere with motorsport interests and site visits, or was this simply a fluke that at least 2 members of 10/10ths got it? The fax at work gets a never ending amount of garbage, is this what it is going to be like with the computer too?
Liz: congrats on reaching the number of posts, reminds me the first time I ever revved an engine that high. (a friends' CB 400 4 cyl.-made quite an impression on me at the time)