Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Jun 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1341413)   #151
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and Suze, keep doing what you are doing. Don't let narrow minded views put you off. Don't worry about the comments from one over inflated ego jobsworth.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1341508)   #152
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no diss suze, but if you don't want to be seen as a bimbo, don't put yourself in the domain of the bimbo...

granted rudeness is rudeness but i still maintain the gentleman had a point.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1341519)   #153
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
the gentleman had a point.
It was a 'she'.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1341528)   #154
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I've said before on this thread I have met some lovely girls when I was a startline marshal (still meet them as a pit marshal in fact) and although I can't quite see how they are essential to the sport I would NEVER be rude to them. In fact, I think I helped one once - she'd never done the job before, never been to a race meeting in fact - she was unfortunate enough to be at Donington in 1993 with Gerhard Berger's grid board. Gerhard, bless him, had this lovely trick of killing his engine and coasting on to his grid spot with utmost precision - he could get his front wing just touching the heel of his grid girl without her even noticing. Scared this one particular girl to death - she turned very pale under all her makeup but I made sure she stayed put!

Sometimes I feel sorry for the grid girls, especially if they've never been to a race meeting before and don't know what to expect.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1341863)   #155
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
no diss suze, but if you don't want to be seen as a bimbo, don't put yourself in the domain of the bimbo...

granted rudeness is rudeness but i still maintain the gentleman had a point.
granted i choose / chose to put myself there but still think person in question was wrong!
Old 28 Jun 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1342170)   #156
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
apologies for the involuntary gender realignment with the marshal.

boys need eye candy too. girls get the drivers, boys need grid girls. got to keep both genders interested somehow.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 04:36 (Ref:1342513)   #157
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems like quite a few are getting bent out of shape over grid girls. I really can't see the problem: A pretty girl holding a sign. Wow. You can go to the beach and see far more skin than you'll see at any race meeting.

At the end of the day, motor racing is and always will be a male dominated sport. I welcome women drivers, but I doubt we will ever see the day when they occupy a significant portion of the grid. Most men(I'll excuse you Al) get their attention drawn by an attractive girl. And in many cases it's not even a sexual thing, it's just that our eyes are naturally drawn to something attractive.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1343145)   #158
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...yeah, usually about 3/4 of the way up!
Old 29 Jun 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1343219)   #159
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Most men(I'll excuse you Al) get their attention drawn by an attractive girl.
Hey what are you implying, I like a bit of eye candy like the rest of you?
Old 1 Jul 2005, 04:45 (Ref:1344418)   #160
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the thought of grid girlz, but they do put me off. My concentration goes to pot!!
I have a solution. Personal stereo plumbed into the helmet playing Ace of Spades by Motorhead seems to bring back the adrenaline and re-focus attention - 500mph music!!

The other option would be bromide in the tea.......

Baz - 3/4 way up??... I have to disagree. All.

I'm glad they don't turn around and look at me. Sparkling eyes.............

Stop it, stop it, stop it now....
Old 1 Jul 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1344521)   #161
richard_sykes
Racer

Wales
Wales, Uk
richard_sykes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Without a shadow of a doubt.