Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jul 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3753690)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
There was mention in the instructions that due to the increasing levels of theft at race meetings, plus of course recent terrorist activity, security at the Classic will be 'tight'. That's fine by me as long as it doesn't impact us getting in and moving around during the weekend!
Old 23 Jul 2017, 07:48 (Ref:3753696)   #52
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be scrutineering will include a search for some "illegal" parts…*
Cant imagine that! Has boxing been added as a historic discipline since Monza?
Old 23 Jul 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3753781)   #53
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened at Monza?
There was a punch up in the pit lane a few years ago at the classic between 2 teams.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3753796)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Monza- a thieving individual was apprehended in a team trailer and probably came to regret choosing that particular one......

All hearsay, of course!
Old 23 Jul 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3753821)   #55
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Monza- a thieving individual was apprehended in a team trailer and probably came to regret choosing that particular one......

All hearsay, of course!
Let's hope that puts other scum bags off.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3753930)   #56
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I'm afraid to say that a few of the drivers had wallets and cash stolen at Spa whilst out racing. Very sad, We left a few euro's out just inside the truck door and one of the crew stayed behind to try and catch them red handed. The horse had long gone.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3754055)   #57
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I started out 6th reserve and today got promoted to a starter having edged up the grid one slot at a time over the last month or so. It's exciting this motor racing innit?
Old 25 Jul 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3754331)   #58
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trying to get my racing mojo back (missing this year due to various other things going on)..... anyway just being cheeky so I'm on the scrounge if anyone has any Saturday passes they don't need?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 25 Jul 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3754365)   #59
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Well, I started out 6th reserve and today got promoted to a starter having edged up the grid one slot at a time over the last month or so. It's exciting this motor racing innit?

Crikey Colin,

Another couple of weeks and you might have got an automatic pole position!
Old 26 Jul 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3754447)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, I've made it to the 'holding area' ready to get in at 1200, after a rubbish journey- must be slowest ever to Sillystone from base. The ever increasing traffic levels will drive me (no pun intended) into emigrating to a desert island before I'm much older....

Oh, and it's cold, windy and raining!

Moose, 'passes' for competitors are in fact full weekend wristbands, and nothing spare in this camp, I'm afraid.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3754456)   #61
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
For anyone attending Silverstone, take the weather forecast and basically half the predicted temperature and thats what it will feel like.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3754463)   #62
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well, I've made it to the 'holding area' ready to get in at 1200, after a rubbish journey- must be slowest ever to Sillystone from base. The ever increasing traffic levels will drive me (no pun intended) into emigrating to a desert island before I'm much older....

Oh, and it's cold, windy and raining!

Moose, 'passes' for competitors are in fact full weekend wristbands, and nothing spare in this camp, I'm afraid.
Mike I suspect that the unpleasant traffic levels are somewhat, though not entirely, related to all of the "smart" road improvements that seem to be going on.

Google maps has recently taken to sending me local traffic information (not sure why) but it's mostly bad news and most of the time.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3754472)   #63
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Any sign of a weekend timetable yet? Nothing on the HSCC site...?
Old 26 Jul 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3754474)   #64
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/welcome/timetables

No easy way to download a single timetable, but details of each day are here
Old 26 Jul 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3754480)   #65
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/welcome/timetables

No easy way to download a single timetable, but details of each day are here
Cheers Nigel.

:thumbs:
Old 26 Jul 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3754486)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Still missing the touring car entries?

Seem to have been able to find most of the others though.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3754487)   #67
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know at what time one can drive into the circuit after the days racing, I am particularly interested in Friday evening?

Not sure I can be bothered with the next two days, the Classic should be renamed The Silverstone Celebrity, the organisers seem more concerned with second rate soap/sports/musical 'stars' than actual racing drivers/cars.

Any clapped out pop singer from 1960 is sure of a welcome, but one preparer I know, running three cars, can not even get their van into the circuit and have been issued 3 wrist bands.

Daft I call it! The only attraction worth the effort of going is Delta's barbecue.

Disgusted of Luton.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3754490)   #68
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Did someone say BBQ?
Old 26 Jul 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3754494)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
This BBQ....

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150662
Old 26 Jul 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3754495)   #70
Moosehead
Veteran

Quote:

No probs Mike, I guessed passes would be thin on the ground.

Hmm, I should maybe have checked ticket prices before agreeing to go with a mate after he lured me by the promise of riding shotgun in his Superbee

Perhaps I should don a purple wig and pretend to be a celeb/pop star as per Bauble's comments.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3754502)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Superbee?

They should let that in automatically.....
Old 26 Jul 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3754503)   #72
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI advance ticket sales only I believe, up to Thurs pm but I think you can buy online and collect at the circuit.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3754505)   #73
Moosehead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
FYI advance ticket sales only I believe, up to Thurs pm but I think you can buy online and collect at the circuit.
Correct Colin, I'm holding out till Tomorrow morning for a saviour before I resort to that

And Mike, the Superbee is an ex race car too (yes really!!)
Old 26 Jul 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3754510)   #74
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Ahh ok, damn. I thought it was something I could attend. Never mind.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3754517)   #75
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Ahh ok, damn. I thought it was something I could attend. Never mind.
As long as you bring a contribution to the barbecue (drinks) or the prize draw you would be welcome. Just don't come empty handed.