Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2016, 04:15 (Ref:3641674)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Mad Max versus The Honey Badger

Coming to a cinema near you.

Round 1 to the Badger in qualifying.
Old 15 May 2016, 10:18 (Ref:3641706)   #2
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FAS33, you are going to be unbearable when Max starts to regularly beat your boy in the second half of the season.
Old 15 May 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3641711)   #3
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same goes for the Max fanboys.
Old 15 May 2016, 11:38 (Ref:3641715)   #4
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Truth is RB proven right. The real story at Montmelo is the near-certain knowledge that DR would probably never have done that time if he wasn't pushed by MV
Old 15 May 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3641719)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can sense a few wins coming up for RBR
Old 15 May 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3641747)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can sense a few wins coming up for RBR
Sense is in the air...
Old 15 May 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3641756)   #7
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Well done to the Mad Max!
Old 15 May 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3641797)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
bad luck with the puncture for Ricardo but what a win for max
Old 15 May 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3641846)   #9
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The start of more to come.....great race from both Max and Daniel, they can push each other to more wins this season
Old 15 May 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3641859)   #10
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just saying, of the 3 RBR drivers this season, Ricciardo is the only one without a podium...

...yet I'd say he has to be one of the (if not the) most complete drivers on the grid. Verstappen learning from him and refining himself could benefit his career hugely, and no doubt will.
Old 15 May 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3641861)   #11
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Max performed today. A star in the making.
Lovely to see Jos, who has backed/financed/believed in his son for 14 years, with a tear in his eye..
Jos had a fantastic following in his time, but didn't achieve what he wanted..
He has now..
Old 15 May 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3641865)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
He's far too young for F1, you know

A very mature drive, under considerable pressure from Kimi - OK the self-inflicted demise of Mercedes probably helped Max luck into a win, but you can't take anything away from his performance.
Old 15 May 2016, 20:50 (Ref:3641902)   #13
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
He's far too young for F1, you know
Don't bother me with that again.
But well, I expected to see Max on podium today, in the Tenths predictions I predicted him 5th, but in other predictions I predicted him 3rd, only after the Mercedes! The Mercedes self-inflicted crash cleared the victory for Max...
A tremendous day. A day that will landmark motorsport, for sure.
Old 16 May 2016, 01:31 (Ref:3641969)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
A tremendous day. A day that will landmark motorsport, for sure.
The day Mr Ricciardo began wondering about a future outside of the RBR family....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 May 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3642138)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and one day not far from now Max will be an experienced veteran looking over his shoulder at the next new wunderkind looking to take his place.

love sports!!!
Old 17 May 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3642289)   #16
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Max performed today. A star in the making.
Lovely to see Jos, who has backed/financed/believed in his son for 14 years, with a tear in his eye..
Jos had a fantastic following in his time, but didn't achieve what he wanted..
He has now..
A lot of parents go racing through their children.
Old 17 May 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3642479)   #17
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I know. At 6 years old, he aint going to walk to the track is he?
Same as I didn't.
Just nice to see a Dad emotional at his son winning his first GP. That's all.
Old 17 May 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3642494)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
And the first Dutch Grand Prix winner, I believe.
Old 18 May 2016, 06:49 (Ref:3642572)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Max is an example of a professional sportsperson in the early 21st century. Groomed for his sport from a young age, highly competent and without too many mistakes, physically fit and at ease with the media, here we are seeing the way sport is becoming more competitive and more professional. When I say more professional, I mean that the level of preparation is higher than at any point in the past. When I say competitive, I mean that such is the professionalism of contemporary sport that we cannot see such a disparity of skill levels in the sport anymore (which bodes well for the future, because it means we will only see very high levels of talent and that will only continue to be the case, possibly even more so, meaning the skill level between drivers across the field will become closer).

Do you remember, for example, when Michael Schumacher raised the bar for fitness in the 90s? People often cited how Schumacher was completely fresh after a Grand Prix as if this were an amazing feat. Now it's standard.

What about when Fernando Alonso became the youngest ever world champion, before Lewis Hamilton went on to do it, soon followed by Sebastian Vettel? Now Max has 4 years 268 days to beat that. Not that that matters so much. The important thing is it demonstrates both Max's talent and how professional sport is becoming.

It seems the youngest winner record will stand for a while, though.
Old 18 May 2016, 06:58 (Ref:3642576)   #20
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Look out for the next GP winner. He'll be 13 years of age.
Old 18 May 2016, 09:33 (Ref:3642607)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Look out for the next GP winner. He'll be 13 years of age.
There's an age limit now. A driver has to be 18 years to enter F1.
Old 18 May 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3642649)   #22
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a great deal in what Born Racer says in his post, many of today's aspiring champions start like that, the competition from bambinos in karting right through the development formula is great and the family (or sponsor) support requires great commitment as well. We shall see lots come into F1 from such a background and we should recall the impact Lewis Hamilton had in 2007, first 9 races of his career on the podium, more than any other driver ever, won his 6th and 7th races and but for a tyre change error in China would have won the title in his maiden season. These modern professionals in our sport as in most others bring new levels of preparation and commitment to their game.

In this context however I do sense that MV is likely to be ranked in future alongside Nuvolari, Fangio, Moss and Clark.
Old 19 May 2016, 04:12 (Ref:3642769)   #23
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Max is an example of a professional sportsperson in the early 21st century. Groomed for his sport from a young age, highly competent and without too many mistakes, physically fit and at ease with the media, here we are seeing the way sport is becoming more competitive and more professional. When I say more professional, I mean that the level of preparation is higher than at any point in the past. When I say competitive, I mean that such is the professionalism of contemporary sport that we cannot see such a disparity of skill levels in the sport anymore (which bodes well for the future, because it means we will only see very high levels of talent and that will only continue to be the case, possibly even more so, meaning the skill level between drivers across the field will become closer).

Do you remember, for example, when Michael Schumacher raised the bar for fitness in the 90s? People often cited how Schumacher was completely fresh after a Grand Prix as if this were an amazing feat. Now it's standard.

What about when Fernando Alonso became the youngest ever world champion, before Lewis Hamilton went on to do it, soon followed by Sebastian Vettel? Now Max has 4 years 268 days to beat that. Not that that matters so much. The important thing is it demonstrates both Max's talent and how professional sport is becoming.

It seems the youngest winner record will stand for a while, though.
Very good analysis. Young Max is the Lydia Ko of women's golf.
Old 29 May 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3645504)   #24
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
2 nil to the badger. Unlucky on that pitstop.
Old 29 May 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3645505)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
2 nil to the badger. Unlucky on that pitstop.
2-0? If I remember well Mad Max has won 2 weeks ago.