Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jul 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3837305)   #76
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Cmon Mclaren you can do better then that.

My Man Dan is the F1 Market King.

to stay or to go for F1’s best driver.

decisions......decisions.
I guess that idea went down the gurgler, better luck next year. Seriously I can't see him going to another team until Hamilton or Vettel pull the pin, any other team does not have the potential to do what he wants.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3837462)   #77
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Seriously I can't see him going to another team until Hamilton or Vettel pull the pin..
Hamilton has pulled the pin!

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mer...ewis-hamilton/

Old 19 Jul 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3837472)   #78
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Now we wait for Mercedes to announce their second driver.

Wonder who that will be?

Old 19 Jul 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3837560)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, he won't have 'Honey' or 'Badger' in his name, I'll wager........
Old 19 Jul 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3837580)   #80
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Red Bull is the best available option for Ricciardo. Honda *might* come good, Bottas is a comfortable fit next to Hamilton at Mercedes and Ferrari has Vettel, who likely wouldn’t want to partner Ricciardo again, and a choice between experience (Räikkönen) and a young lion (Leclerc).
Old 19 Jul 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3837590)   #81
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Grosjean continues the season in current form, wouldn't Haas look elsewhere?
Old 19 Jul 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3837598)   #82
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Leclerc, Giovinazzi or Ferrucci.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3837605)   #83
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
No to all - expect Perez.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 23:31 (Ref:3837615)   #84
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Ferrucci's career is toast.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 02:04 (Ref:3837622)   #85
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I thought Leclerc was going to Ferrari?
Old 20 Jul 2018, 02:33 (Ref:3837624)   #86
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Ferrucci's career is toast.
Even if it was miraculously not... it seems Ferrucci might make Grosjean look like a steady hand! I don’t follow F2, but the Ferrucci drama crept into my news feed earlier this week. Yikes! You couldn’t make that stuff up!

Richard
Old 20 Jul 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3837642)   #87
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Confirmed. Bottas stays at Mercedes as was expected.

So no Honey Badger at Mercedes for 2019. No surprise really. Didn't think Ricciardo to Mercedes was ever going to happen. For 2019 anyway.

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mer...ltteri-bottas/

One year only with an option for another.

Last edited by F1Guy; 20 Jul 2018 at 08:04. Reason: added link
Old 20 Jul 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3837649)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well, let's hope the RBR-Honda partnership works next season, so Danny can challenge for the title
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3838288)   #89
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
So DR is expected to re-sign for Red Bull this week. I worry. There seems little to no prospect of RBR challenging for the title in 2019, and Daniel will turn 30. There is the real prospect of him getting marooned outside the top seats while a younger generation - Verstappen, Leclerc, Russell, Ocon, Norris - emerges into the limelight.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 12:55 (Ref:3838292)   #90
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So DR is expected to re-sign for Red Bull this week. I worry. There seems little to no prospect of RBR challenging for the title in 2019, and Daniel will turn 30. There is the real prospect of him getting marooned outside the top seats while a younger generation - Verstappen, Leclerc, Russell, Ocon, Norris - emerges into the limelight.
I'm quite sure the pennies they give him will take some of the pain away.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 13:04 (Ref:3838295)   #91
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm quite sure the pennies they give him will take some of the pain away.
Bet he’d trade them for a championship.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3838316)   #92
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
DR? 🤤

I can't see David Richards getting involved with Red Bull. Especially when Horner's mob seem to be getting very cosy with organisations other than Prodrive 😂
Old 23 Jul 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3838323)   #93
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no doubt there are countless examples of athletes choosing money over titles but maybe DR is willing to stay at RB because ultimately this is where he is happiest.

maybe he is putting work place happiness ahead of both money and titles.

sadly its probably naive to think this though.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3838349)   #94
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope Honda find something to challenge for the title next season. I really like Danny, his happy go luck demeanour has made him my new favourite driver and it would be good for the sport to see him take the title
Old 23 Jul 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3838350)   #95
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
For Honda to go from where they are now to challenging for the title would need a leap forward of near-unprecedented proportions, both in terms of speed AND reliability. I’d love to see it, I really would, and seeing Ricciardo and Verstappen at it hammer and tongs at the pointy end of the grid would be fantastic, but I don’t think it will happen.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 07:25 (Ref:3838646)   #96
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
For Honda to go from where they are now to challenging for the title would need a leap forward of near-unprecedented proportions, both in terms of speed AND reliability. I’d love to see it, I really would, and seeing Ricciardo and Verstappen at it hammer and tongs at the pointy end of the grid would be fantastic, but I don’t think it will happen.
I don't think so either, unless they can come up with such a great chassis that it can overcome power or driveability issues from the engine.

Overall I fear that unless the new regs are different/cost effective enough to welcome new mftrs or engine builders no-one will threaten the Merc Ferrari dominance.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 08:02 (Ref:3838648)   #97
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I still kindle a tiny flame of optimism. If Ferrari can catch and, now, it seems, overtake Mercedes, then maybe Renault and Honda can at least get closer. That said, if I was Hamilton, I wouldn’t be fretting that I’d made the wrong decision in re-signing with Merc.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3838664)   #98
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I still kindle a tiny flame of optimism. If Ferrari can catch and, now, it seems, overtake Mercedes, then maybe Renault and Honda can at least get closer. That said, if I was Hamilton, I wouldn’t be fretting that I’d made the wrong decision in re-signing with Merc.
Happily back Hamilton for 2018, 2019 and 2020 WDCs, no contest.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3838669)   #99
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It’s certainly the case that Schuey’s record no longer seems invulnerable. But then, we used to think that Fangio would go unmatched.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3838967)   #100
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Happily back Hamilton for 2018, 2019 and 2020 WDCs, no contest.
Nope, this year and maybe a 6th. That will be it.