Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Apr 2000, 00:42 (Ref:14425)   #1
mikeartigiani

I live in California and want to go visit relitives in Italy and attend GP@Monza.
Is there any travel packages or advice you can give. thank you

Old 28 Apr 2000, 23:03 (Ref:14426)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Topic moved to Trackside.
Old 28 Apr 2000, 23:09 (Ref:14427)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
You might like to check out the button link at the top left hand side of this page for a link to the F1 Ticket Shop...

Hope this is of use to you ?
Old 1 May 2000, 13:28 (Ref:14428)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i went to monza in 98, and had a great time. we hired a camper, and did it that way - in france, with hertz, it was 20 quid a day (200ff), and so long as you disconnect the speedo if you're going to do serious mileage, then it'll be a good way.
get a general admission ticket, then a granstand seat for race day if you're planning on staying the whole weekend, which i'd advise you to do. living with a bunch of italians is a great experience.
Old 3 May 2000, 00:05 (Ref:14429)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My cousin and I went with Page & Moy last year - not expensive (about $1700 Canadian for the two of us all inclusive) and a very good group of people to travel with. We had open grandstand seats on the no-longer-very-cool outer variente for Saturday qualifying and covered grandstand seats (not my first choice if I were going back) for the Sunday, and had a marvelous time. You will do a lot of walking so wear sturdy shoes. And don't go into the washrooms.
Old 3 May 2000, 00:14 (Ref:14430)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've never been myself, but time and time again I have had friends coming back with one major piece of advice.

If you buy a grandstand seat, find it and sit in it at the earliest opportunity. Common experience suggests that if a resident fan decides that it is "vacant", you'll never be able to shift him, especially as the Carabineri are more intent on the racing than the crowd control.
Old 5 May 2000, 08:30 (Ref:14431)   #7
Schume
Racer

Schume should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to Monza last year and had a great time.

If you go for proper grandstand seats take note of TimD's advice, get there early and sit in them, otherwise the locals will help themselves.

If you want to get out with the real Tifosi, try camping out on the Lesmo's. All you need for that is a general admission, which is very cheap. But, get there early for a good position on the free stands opposite the big tv screen. Last year we had three days of great fun, atmosphere was amazing, and there was a race on Sunday.
Old 10 May 2000, 15:26 (Ref:14432)   #8
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was also there in 98 so if you want more advice feel free to drop me an e-mail.

It is also my intention some time this year, time permitting, to get together a Monza circuit guide.

If anyone who has been is interested in helping or has any thoughts they wish to provide, drop me an e-mail.

Many Thanks