Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 May 2004, 09:37 (Ref:974151)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Team Merchandise at LeMans .

Over the years going to Races in general , there is a distinct lack of team merchandise for sale . For example I expect there wont be a "rollcenter" t-shirt to be had or an Orbit or Champion either . Where is it possible to get this kinda merchandise or do you just approach their hospitality unit's and ask ?

Lots of the big teams have merchandise for sale but very few smaller ones do !
Old 18 May 2004, 09:53 (Ref:974156)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Team Merchandise at LeMans .

Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Over the years going to Races in general , there is a distinct lack of team merchandise for sale . For example I expect there wont be a "rollcenter" t-shirt to be had or an Orbit or Champion either . Where is it possible to get this kinda merchandise or do you just approach their hospitality unit's and ask ?

You may try on their own site if they've one, but I can't remember any on the spot...
Old 18 May 2004, 10:25 (Ref:974180)   #3
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champion does have a 'boutique' on their website at www.championracing.net but it seems most of the merchandise is being re-designed so it's shut at the moment!

The Autosport stand at Le Mans usually has a few offical team t-shirts, etc. for sale and I bought a very nice Johansson/Gulf one there the other year.

I think the problem for the smaller teams is that it's hard enough to get a budget together to race in the first place without thinking about producing merchandise.

You could of course always have your own stuff printed up to show who you support...
Old 18 May 2004, 10:38 (Ref:974189)   #4
Frank Burr
Rookie

Frank Burr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whether the boutique is shut or not this site has a great countdown timer to LM at http://www.championracing.net/Audi_R8/home/index.htm !!
Old 18 May 2004, 10:44 (Ref:974191)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Merchandise for the TVRs can be found at: http://www.synergymotorsport.com
Old 18 May 2004, 10:53 (Ref:974197)   #6
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Humpage
Merchandise for the TVRs can be found at: http://www.synergymotorsport.com
Or via the big full page advert in this weeks Autosport!

Another good place to look is www.ebay.co.uk - amazing what appears for sale on there.
Old 18 May 2004, 11:09 (Ref:974213)   #7
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I know the Audi Sport UK guys are doing some which will be available within the next week, although I haven't seen it yet.
Old 18 May 2004, 11:27 (Ref:974229)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Orbit Racing traditionally uses a giant slingshot to fire t-shirts into the crowd at Le Mans. I have a nice one that was autographed that I got in Sebring a couple of years ago -- they were autographing them instead of hero cards that year -- and another that I got by mentioning that I can't of course wear the autographed one.

I, however, continue to search for the elusive Holy Grail of team merchandise: THE SPYKER SQUADRON JACKET!

Another elusive item which I mention only wistfully is the Team Lotus jacket put out by Canadian Tire when Senna drove for them and was sponsored by the lovely John Player brand. I have the advertisement for it but have never seen the actual jacket. They are worth a fortune.
Old 18 May 2004, 12:14 (Ref:974283)   #9
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Team Merchandise at LeMans .

Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
For example I expect there wont be a "rollcenter" t-shirt to be had ... Where is it possible to get this kinda merchandise or do you just approach their hospitality unit's and ask ?

Then it may come as a surprise to find that there will be a Rollcentre polo for the race this year. Admittedly only available in L or XL but very comfortable in "wickable" techno-fabric and definitely a limited edition ! (we just don't have the budget to afford to be left with a mountain of them)

...and yes probably sold out of the hospitality unit
Old 18 May 2004, 12:49 (Ref:974335)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ya best put one aside for the Badger then !!! Excellent .....
Old 18 May 2004, 13:24 (Ref:974356)   #11
Jez
Rookie

England
Leicester, England
Jez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried the Synergy Motorsport site a few days ago and the shop wasn't working. They are taking pj=hone orders though - the number's on their web site & in Autosport.
Old 18 May 2004, 13:31 (Ref:974368)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

Does any off our Dutch members know if RfH will be selling merchandise from their hospitality center ?
Old 18 May 2004, 17:13 (Ref:974586)   #13
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Orbit Racing traditionally uses a giant slingshot to fire t-shirts into the crowd at Le Mans. ...
like this you mean ?

Old 18 May 2004, 17:18 (Ref:974591)   #14
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
until last year, some used to sell Bentley stuff ...
Attached Thumbnails
fab.jpg  
Old 18 May 2004, 18:48 (Ref:974673)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still like the MG Merchandising from a few years ago. I saw the TVR stuff in Autosport last weekend and I might have to purchase so of that when I get to Le Mans, saying that something else might take my fancy when I get there.
Old 19 May 2004, 07:25 (Ref:975149)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just read elsewhere that there will be some Rollcentre polo shirts available if enough interest is shown by punters.
Old 19 May 2004, 12:58 (Ref:975421)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
until last year, some used to sell Bentley stuff ...

And who is that striking French film star?

Old 21 May 2004, 20:15 (Ref:978085)   #18
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The racing for Holland team cap is available at www.autopassion.nl
Old 23 May 2004, 20:28 (Ref:980367)   #19
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm involved with an MG Forum. We have made up our design and have been granted permission from both RML and Intersport to use their Logo's. RML have even requested two shirts!

PRF
Old 24 May 2004, 00:08 (Ref:980585)   #20
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team merchandise

Normally around this time of year, I'm hunting round for some team merchandise for LM and each year I'm sort of disappointed with what is out there.

Why can't the teams sell alternative gear like flags and I mean proper flags? I would really love huge team flags. I have searched and searched and can't find any. Its always t-shirts and caps and some more t-shirts and caps and t-shirts! I got fed up being frustrated every year with Panoz so I thought I will support anyone I can find some decent stuff for (pathetic really), some teams haven't got anything! Racing for Holland who I was seriously considering rooting for have nothing in the way of merchandise, all Prodrive Care racing could offer was a very uninspiring red cap and that was it! I thought maybe I could go with Pescarolo but then all they had were the usual shirts still with Peugeot stickers plastered all over them. Come on teams, sure you aren't in the business of producing stuff like this for sale but some effort would be nice! There are people out there willing to buy descent merchandise which aren't shirts and caps! Or maybe its just me and my strange ways!
Old 24 May 2004, 06:12 (Ref:980793)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
There's already a thread about the topic : merged !
Old 24 May 2004, 12:54 (Ref:981272)   #22
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
There's already a thread about the topic : merged !

Oops sorry! Should I checked really. Rookie mistake thats my excuse
Old 25 May 2004, 05:12 (Ref:982158)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by cg7aa
Oops sorry! Should I checked really. Rookie mistake thats my excuse
No trouble
Old 26 May 2004, 02:04 (Ref:983311)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can make a nice flag out of a few t-shirts.

Or if you have a sister who quilts, maybe she could make you one.
Old 26 May 2004, 11:27 (Ref:983717)   #25
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi UK fans can try this (from 1 june): link