Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jan 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1202758)   #1
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FPR 2005 to be revealed at Aust. Motorsport Show

www.fpv.com.au

The long wait to see the new look of FPR for the 2005 season will be over from February 18-20 when the blue oval team uncovers their BA Falcon V8 Supercars at the 2005 Australian Motorsport Show in Melbourne.

Ford Performance Racing (FPR) will be revealing the blue oval team's two new BA Falcon V8 Supercar challengers at the 2005 Australian Motorsport Show, to be held at the Melbourne Exhibition Buildings (Carlton) from February 18-20.

Australia's only public event dedicated solely to the national motor racing industry is a must for all racing fans young and old. Now in its third year, this event marks the start of a momentous year of racing starting with the Australian Grand Prix in March.

Along with providing a first look at the team's exciting new liveries for the 2005 season, this will also be the first official 2005 team appearance for FPR's two new drivers, Jason Bright and Greg Ritter.

Jason Bright, one of V8 Supercar's most competitive drivers and the last Ford driver to win the Bathurst 1000, marks his return to the blue oval at this event. Greg Ritter celebrates the start of his first full V8 Supercar season at this public event following
his memorable drive to victory for Ford in the 2004 Sandown 500.

Both Bright and Ritter will be meeting FPR fans at the Australian Motorsport Show on Sunday February 20 between 11:00am to 3:00pm. The two new FPR drivers will also be taking part in panel interview discussions on centre stage during their visit.

FPR will also have team members on hand to answer your questions throughout the show which is open to the public from 1:00pm Friday February 18. For those who are more technically minded, FPR Chief Engineer John Russell will provide a technical seminar on Saturday February 19 at 3:00pm.

FPR fans at the 2005 Australian Motorsport Show will also get their first opportunity to view and purchase items from the new and exciting FPR merchandise range throughout this three day event.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 08:28 (Ref:1202772)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting this is scheduled the days the original TEGA-titan Oran Park Show-n-Tell was to be held

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRXR-6
www.fpv.com.auFPR will also have team members on hand to answer your questions throughout the show which is open to the public from 1:00pm Friday February 18. For those who are more technically minded, FPR Chief Engineer John Russell will provide a technical seminar on Saturday February 19 at 3:00pm.
Can someone ask Mr Russell to highlight the finer points of the FPR-patented External Combustion Engine circa 2004
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Jan 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1202826)   #3
miss tmr
Rookie

Australia
Victoria Melbourne
miss tmr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im going for sure, i do every year, and definately taking plenty of pics as
well.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1202837)   #4
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will they have 'actual' race cars to show this year??? Or is it another trip down to the loacl Ford dealer to pick up 2 XR8's to paint the 2005 livery on??
Old 17 Jan 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1202842)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Judging by the state of the BA's in the press launch shown on #10, there is a shedload of work to do before any of the race BA's are headed for a racetrack....
Old 17 Jan 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1202849)   #6
miss tmr
Rookie

Australia
Victoria Melbourne
miss tmr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Will they have 'actual' race cars to show this year??? Or is it another trip down to the loacl Ford dealer to pick up 2 XR8's to paint the 2005 livery on??

They will probably just have promo cars like they did last year, you will probably have to wait til Fpr day to see the actual race cars.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1202923)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well they arent testing the new chassis before the AGP... again.. so anything is possible
Old 18 Jan 2005, 01:51 (Ref:1203430)   #8
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And no testing before APG means no testing before session opener!!!
Old 18 Jan 2005, 03:01 (Ref:1203450)   #9
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FPR is really a well oiled machine isn't it? Talk about learn from your mistakes, I feel sorry for Bright and Ritter. Having said that I am sure the cars will come good from mid season onwards.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1203614)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Feel sorry for the Britek pilots, they get last year's "do not wants"
Old 18 Jan 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1203620)   #11
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Tega Test Day is off, GTR. I thought you would know that of all people
Old 18 Jan 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1203622)   #12
lowndes6
Racer

lowndes6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont expect a big change on the livery for 2005.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1203623)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yes that poor car that finished 2nd at bathurst

that poor car that was running at the front at indy and EC

who's want that car
Old 18 Jan 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1203637)   #14
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
geeeze if all these cars are going to britek and fpr how many spare do they have? First 2 outings are on a street circuit this year and with the 2nd known to ruin a few cars over the years geeeze i would hate to think what would happen if they did a grm like last year.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1203672)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
yes that poor car that finished 2nd at bathurst

that poor car that was running at the front at indy and EC

who's want that car
Where did that chassis finish in the championship again?
Old 19 Jan 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1204702)   #16
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Where did that chassis finish in the championship again?
But thats not a true indicator of what that chassis bacame with a decent engine.

I wonder how that chassis would have gone if they had taken say an SBR engine at the beginning of last year?
Old 19 Jan 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1205002)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
As I understand it... the 2 ex-FPR pilots have driven their 2005 mounts in testing, and proclaim them significantly better handlers than their 2003/4 mounts.... out of the box...
Old 19 Jan 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1205137)   #18
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like they would say in public that they left the "factory" Ford team to join other teams only to find out their new cars are dogs.

Imagine the press release:

Triple 8 Racing recruit Craig Lowndes is encouraged with his first laps in the Betta Electrical BA Falcon.

"This is terrible," the Queensland resident said.

"That FPR Falcon was a big cooking fan, but at least it could steer.

"This thing is categorically THE worst car I have ever driven. I can't believe any race team could engineer a car like this. My pony could set up a car better."

Lowndes said he can't wait for the new season.

"2005 is going to be a total nightmare. I think I might flee the country and drive in Albanian Touring Cars or something, or Triple 8 is going to have to fit me a new seat so I can drive in the foetal position."
Old 20 Jan 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1205379)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"This thing is categorically THE worst car I have ever driven. I can't believe any race team could engineer a car like this. My pony could set up a car better."
Do you ghost write for Mr Lowndes? I believe something very similar was said when he tested the red #7 Rodney Forbes ex-Colourscan car....