Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Dec 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3948429)   #926
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Is that a Standard(No. 50) in post 922?
Looks like a westie (Westminster) to me?
Old 24 Dec 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3948430)   #927
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The big A on the bonnett tends to say it is an Austin!!!! The picture above it is a proper GP car.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3948432)   #928
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
The big A on the bonnett tends to say it is an Austin!!!! The picture above it is a proper GP car.
Now now..... Not only a proper GP car, but a correctly attired driver! Lovely pic
Old 24 Dec 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3948433)   #929
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EB, have you spotted the Australian car in Post 923.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3948435)   #930
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Looks like a westie (Westminster) to me?
Ah yes, the badge is a clue! Same as Delta drove at Goodwood I think.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3948438)   #931
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Wiki-Rbs please… # 923, pic 4, what is the car behind the E? hope the white one is an Elan…
Sorry you all are too fast for me. even Bob!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3948441)   #932
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cobra Daytona?
Old 24 Dec 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3948442)   #933
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
That is the one I was asking EB about. it is a Milano GT. 3.0 Straight 6 Holden engine under the bonnett.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3948443)   #934
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, yes, yes how stupid and old I am, we've been talking about those during days with EB!!! Alzheimer instead of santa Claus?
Knowing bauble is living in ????? may be the A 90 is in fact an… Ambassador? Who knows with this guy, I ask?

You mean under the hood I guess?

Last edited by Mike Bell; 24 Dec 2019 at 19:09.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3948448)   #935
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Thought the Austin was an A50 Cambridge.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3948451)   #936
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thought the Austin was an A50 Cambridge.
You’re right, there’s pics of that car on t’internet- but the Westminster is very similar in profile! The race number should have been (another) clue.......
Old 24 Dec 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3948452)   #937
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=justracing;3948428]Is that a Standard(No. 50) in post 922?[/QUOTE

Here we go I can see it already, poignant memories of Tenthers learning to drive in a ……, first kiss in back seat of a …… first speeding ticket ….. my Dad.....

Blimey I've done it again.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3948453)   #938
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Like me, I guess you're old enough to know better but we still seem to thrive on derision

Last edited by justracing; 24 Dec 2019 at 19:43. Reason: spelling correction before bauble does it!
Old 24 Dec 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3948454)   #939
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it is nearly Christmas, and I still have a lot of pictures to get through, before the Turkey and Pudding;

What shall I fascinate you all with this time;

For Gerry's benefit, the car behind the car in front is a Porsche.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0449.JPG   IMG_0444.JPG   IMG_0442.JPG  

IMG_0446.JPG   IMG_0439.JPG   IMG_0453.JPG  

Old 24 Dec 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3948455)   #940
bauble
Veteran

England
Lovely jubbly;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0497.JPG   IMG_0567.JPG   IMG_0572.JPG  

IMG_0833.JPG   IMG_0897.JPG   IMG_2083.JPG  

Old 24 Dec 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3948456)   #941
bauble
Veteran

England
Must not flag now, lot's of work to get done; I hope nobody is getting bored, I would not want to wear out my welcome;
Attached Thumbnails
RBi (2).JPG   091.JPG   418.JPG  

Classic Sat 069.JPG   IMG_0811.JPG   IMG_0784.JPG  

Old 25 Dec 2019, 05:18 (Ref:3948500)   #942
bauble
Veteran

England
Merry Christmas everyone. A special Bauble treat to celebrate the Festive Season …………………….
Attached Thumbnails
Bob 2.jpg   Bob 5.jpg   Bob 1.jpg  

Bob 8.jpg   Bob 6.jpg   Bob 10.JPG  

Old 25 Dec 2019, 05:27 (Ref:3948501)   #943
bauble
Veteran

England
And it may surprise you to know that I did not take any of these pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Bob 11.JPG   Bob 3.JPG   Bob 7.JPG  

Bob 12.JPG   Bob 10.JPG   Bob 4.jpg  

Old 25 Dec 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3948504)   #944
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice batch of Porsches, thanks, Andy will appreciate. I dont remember the 924/44 to be on the list of the cars you're not allowed to remove the bumpers. What's your opinion, radio-Bob?
Old 25 Dec 2019, 07:00 (Ref:3948506)   #945
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Nice batch of Porsches, thanks, Andy will appreciate. I dont remember the 924/44 to be on the list of the cars you're not allowed to remove the bumpers. What's your opinion, radio-Bob?
Some series / championships here for 924/944 required the rear bumper / lower body section to be retained. The do look fairly odd without, and of course if you remove the front bumper there’s nothing left.....
Old 25 Dec 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3948510)   #946
bauble
Veteran

England
For goodness sake you two, it's Christmas Day!

Are you both such sad and lonely, Grinches that you have nothing better too do than worry about Porsche bumpers?

Oh! Happy Christmas lads.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3948513)   #947
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gotcha !!! Thanks for your help, Mike!
On the first January please Bob post some E Type pics. We have a lot to say about homologation form!!!
Old 25 Dec 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3948521)   #948
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
For goodness sake you two, it's Christmas Day!

Are you both such sad and lonely, Grinches that you have nothing better too do than worry about Porsche bumpers?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Dec 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3948522)   #949
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
It's not the Porsche bumpers or the radio that gets me it's the braces in post942 picture 3. ��
Old 25 Dec 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3948526)   #950
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
It's not the Porsche bumpers or the radio that gets me it's the braces in post942 picture 3. ��
Alternative suspension design at the time