Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Dec 2015, 06:41 (Ref:3596771)   #1
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Brumos set to be dissolved completely

This looks to be the final nail in the coffin for the Brumos name by way of the sell.

Extremely sad.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/brumos-dealerships-sold/

http://jacksonville.com/autos/2015-1...lds-auto-group

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 10 Dec 2015 at 06:58.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 07:14 (Ref:3596774)   #2
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sad indeed.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3596810)   #3
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ugh. You'd think they would keep the name at least for the Porsche dealership.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 12:42 (Ref:3596831)   #4
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Ugh. You'd think they would keep the name at least for the Porsche dealership.
I was thinking the same thing. Shows a lack of understanding by the new ownership about the importance of motorsport to Porsche
Old 10 Dec 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3596866)   #5
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6 decades of positive motorsports branding flushed down the toilet.
Oh well. Hope we will still see the livery in HSR/Mitty.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 15:54 (Ref:3596871)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Shows a lack of understanding by the new ownership about the importance of motorsport to Porsche
Not just to Motorsport, but to Branding and Brand loyalty as a whole. Decades of goodwill into the Brumos name, and now poof... gone. It's a strange decision.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3596873)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Not just to Motorsport, but to Branding and Brand loyalty as a whole. Decades of goodwill into the Brumos name, and now poof... gone. It's a strange decision.
I suspect the new owners take the long view. Brumos as a racing team is gone. They are not catering to racers, but likely dentists and other wealthy professional. They have an existing brand that while not historic is their own. It's just easier for them to absorb the Brumos dealerships into their existing structure and branding.

It is sad however.

I am out of the loop, but what of the historic Brumos cars? Who owns those? Are they part of a single collection, were they part of this purchase or were they already sold off earlier?

Richard
Old 10 Dec 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3596888)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i read here that the name and racing fleet are retained

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12443...fleet-retained

but i wonder what "racing fleet" means .. i guess not the racing team?

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Dec 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3596903)   #9
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
i read here that the name and racing fleet are retained

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12443...fleet-retained

but i wonder what "racing fleet" means .. i guess not the racing team?
But that just says that Dan Davis will retain the Brumos name to use as he pleases, probably just for wherever he houses the car collection. So the dealerships will definitely not be called Brumos anymore.
Old 11 Dec 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3597203)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
"The sale does not include the extensive inventory of Brumos Racing vintage racecars, or the Brumos name"

Thank goodness.
Old 12 Dec 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3597213)   #11
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds like ownership of the Brumos name was more important to the seller than the buyer. Not really any surprise, considering the buyer.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3607416)   #12
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
A post-mortem interview with Hurley:

http://petrolicious.com/legendary-dr...-brumos-racing
Old 23 Jan 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3607434)   #13
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
A post-mortem interview with Hurley:

http://petrolicious.com/legendary-dr...-brumos-racing
Interesting to read his viewpoints, and as he says, it wouldn't really make sense for them to have a race team now. It would be nice, at some point in the future, if one of the teams could run a tribute car, at least at Daytona.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 12:18 (Ref:3607830)   #14
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dream that the Porsche 919 have the traditional Brumos livery at Le Mans, as a tribute.
Old 5 Feb 2016, 14:10 (Ref:3611917)   #15
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
Interesting documentary project underway:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-untold-story