Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Apr 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3898037)   #1376
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I thought there was something lurking beneath it all
Old 16 Apr 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3898038)   #1377
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It seems a few of you have wasted money on trailer registrations and international driving licences as we'll still be in the EU this time next year and beyond
Attached Thumbnails
57085348_2482723465080979_2140617661741006848_n.jpg  
Old 16 Apr 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3898041)   #1378
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It seems a few of you have wasted money on trailer registrations and international driving licences as we'll still be in the EU this time next year and beyond

And, of course, the above could well be the case.....
Old 16 Apr 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3898043)   #1379
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I’m not sure things will be that bad
Old 16 Apr 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3898065)   #1380
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

I can't decide whether Verhofstadt is a look-a-like clone attempt for Boris or Michael Fabricant.

Or both.

Not that it matters either way.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 06:21 (Ref:3898151)   #1381
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Well , he races an Aston Martin DB2/4 which makes him alright in my book ...
Old 17 Apr 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3898214)   #1382
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I can't decide whether Verhofstadt is a look-a-like clone attempt for Boris or Michael Fabricant.

Or both.

Not that it matters either way.
I'd say David Mellor. And just about as much use...
Old 17 Apr 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3898221)   #1383
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post
A good one - at least David Mellor would be better company for a pint.

Thankfully I didn't have the misfortune to come face to face with the Belgian Berk in Essen this year. I did however tire of various Dutch & Belgian friends shouting out "Order! Order!". It seems Bercow has been getting rather a lot of TV coverage in that part of the world...
Old 17 Apr 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3898227)   #1384
S griffin
Veteran

Well that Mellor certainly had his moments

But we can't just blame the Belgians, although their parliament seems to have a few similarities, not least the speaker
Old 17 Apr 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3898283)   #1385
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post

Good spot. And a blast from the past to boot!
Old 18 Apr 2019, 06:14 (Ref:3898334)   #1386
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One down, two to go. Mrs MM has had her appointment confirmed as poll clerk for the Euro elections. Just need a General and re-run of the referendum.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Apr 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3898343)   #1387
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
One down, two to go. Mrs MM has had her appointment confirmed as poll clerk for the Euro elections. Just need a General and re-run of the referendum.
I hope it pays as well as the actual job.....
Old 18 Apr 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3898352)   #1388
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
alas no, but hopefully enough to stop her using my debit card for her fuel for a month.

Clearly the government doesn't expect agreement.

Old 18 Apr 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3898467)   #1389
S griffin
Veteran

Well there’s always controversy. You know what politicians are like
Old 22 Apr 2019, 05:41 (Ref:3898948)   #1390
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So, will our current popularity in Europe, or even the lack of it, come into play during voting at the Eurovision Song Contest on May 18?

Will our chosen song finish up at the bottom of the results table? No change, then.....
Old 22 Apr 2019, 05:56 (Ref:3898949)   #1391
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Crickey! What kind of defeatists we have here! C'on, wake up, England! What did you do with your fighting spirit, I wonder. You must be happy to have me with you now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjFb8uayKXM
We'll find an appropriate answer to any attack, be warned Froggies and others!
Old 22 Apr 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3898958)   #1392
midgetman
Veteran

Gerard you know that is the new National costume? Any true Englishman will wear his green and purple tomorrow (April 23rd) and shout "Cry God for Harry, England and Saint raaaaaaasp"!

Please post pictures to prove you have done so in central Paris.

Old 22 Apr 2019, 07:37 (Ref:3898960)   #1393
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just dawned on me that the video clip ‘song’ would stand more chance in the ESC than anything we’ve entered in recent years....
Old 22 Apr 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3898979)   #1394
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
My dear new friend Max, I see the picture but can only post one of my dogs wearing a yellow jacket at the moment. He's English but got many bad habits here. When I say "Down!" he doesn't seat any more…*
You can't imagine the hard training I have now. I started with easy things "not because they are easy but because they seem hard" as one said. Or something like that. With your permission, I'll be shouting "Go Brexit, go!" on the mode: fook them first, ask questions later.

I thought I could enjoy the best from England, French bashing. But where are real French here? Obviously not in their national football team…
Signé: Gerry M'Bmohammed!
Old 22 Apr 2019, 10:35 (Ref:3898980)   #1395
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Meat

Max you recently came to Paris. Did you notice how ridiculous those people are? When they see a duck, they say "canard". What a pity!
Old 22 Apr 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3899006)   #1396
midgetman
Veteran

To be honest my old mucker I canard-ly tell *what* they're saying. Lord, love a duck!,(As they say in the Midlands)

Old 22 Apr 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3899010)   #1397
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
To be honest my old mucker I canard-ly tell *what* they're saying. Lord, love a duck!,(As they say in the Midlands)

If it walks like a duck, and squaks like a duck it's probably Gerry MO.
Old 22 Apr 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3899020)   #1398
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If it walks like a duck, and squaks like a duck it's probably Gerry MO.
Yop, mate, its me! Next target on my to do, Goodw***! Bauble I count on you to supply a lot of help. From the dedicated threads, I understand I should protest a lot, criticize sharply, moan a lot, complain, raise a lot of doubts about any car compliancy, competitor driving standard, official attitude, color of the grass, animals food and so on… till I get an invite! From this blessed instant I'll say how great a meeting it is, the best on earth so far. Sounds good for you?
Old 22 Apr 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3899032)   #1399
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yop, mate, its me! Next target on my to do, Goodw***! Bauble I count on you to supply a lot of help. From the dedicated threads, I understand I should protest a lot, criticize sharply, moan a lot, complain, raise a lot of doubts about any car compliancy, competitor driving standard, official attitude, color of the grass, animals food and so on… till I get an invite! From this blessed instant I'll say how great a meeting it is, the best on earth so far. Sounds good for you?
Gerry you old geezer, not 'arf, gripe about everything, and you will be a true Englishman, we love to put the world to rights, without actually getting out of bed. Everything is wrong until it suits you personally - then it's the Bees knees, ace, brill, and A1.

Lord Chas's extravaganza is just a load of Hooray 'enriys, pomcing about in snap brim trilbies and hacking jackets guzzling buckets of Champers, and guffawing at a lot of old bangers racing round the track. Of course if you should get invited to compete it is a nostalgic trip back into the good old days when men were men and they raced in green, a fantastic tribute to the heroes of the past. Lord March would be a paragon of virtue for his insistence on originality.

Hope this helps put across the proper English attitude to most things.

Toodle pip,

Bauble.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 07:55 (Ref:3899112)   #1400
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks Bob Mate! It helps a lot in my understanding. Well, hope so. Being at last English, I havent to hyde anymore my fascination for our Admirable Nelson's life. All trains coming from the other continent should arrive, again, at Waterloo after crossing Trafalgar! Lets rename Abbey Road rue d'Aboukir!

To please one of our future official gov' member, I shout:
"Cry God for Harry, England and Saint raaaaaaasp"! Loudly. Just wonder what it really means though…