Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Jan 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3877405)   #26
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I'm crossing my fingers that immigration at Orlando airport - not a particularly pleasant or speedy experience at the best of times - won't be too badly affected.

(I am fully aware of course that me spending some more time in a queue is far from being the most significant issue here).
Old 20 Jan 2019, 23:55 (Ref:3877428)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m over in Virginia in a few weeks. I see a lot of the parks are not staffed. It is difficult to tell what it does affect from over here.

I also see that there is a lot of activity to support those without a wage at the moment. Ranging from free entry to places to food banks. Hopefully for everyone affected it is sorted soon.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 04:35 (Ref:3877444)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’m over in Virginia in a few weeks. I see a lot of the parks are not staffed. It is difficult to tell what it does affect from over here.

I also see that there is a lot of activity to support those without a wage at the moment. Ranging from free entry to places to food banks. Hopefully for everyone affected it is sorted soon.
Basically if you want to go in a park you better hope it's a state road and you aren't going inside anything. There are a few things opened by state money and MLK stuff is open again because Delta paid to staff, maintain and clean it from Friday to Feb 3 but then it's back closed again. 83k to open the park for 2 weeks.

Out west even less is open because the universal truth is universal, people generally suck. Multiple Western parks have been trashed because no one is there to watch them.

Thankfully the track is not a park and I think most of the teams have expeditors to help move things along. Fans on the other hand could be screwed but that's also a sign of our broken and honestly pathetic charade of "security."
Old 21 Jan 2019, 19:29 (Ref:3877580)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is slightly OT, but I don't know of anywhere else to ask - potentially stupid question. Government workers not currently working due to the shutdown - once the government shutdown is over and they go to work, do they get back pay? Or is that just lost?
Old 21 Jan 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3877589)   #30
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
They are supposed to get paid. Contractors, no.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3877598)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This is slightly OT, but I don't know of anywhere else to ask - potentially stupid question. Government workers not currently working due to the shutdown - once the government shutdown is over and they go to work, do they get back pay? Or is that just lost?
Lots get paid only once a month. So they've only missed one check, but that's a lot of money. Fortunately they'll get back pay. They should with interest imo but that's for the political forums.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3877691)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting away from the idiots in Washington talk for a bit....

The weather is looking interesting:

Thursday for practice and quali, 100% chance of rain calling for AM showers, so one would think that everyone will need to go out, to ensure a proper wet setup if there's a chance quali session is wet. The rest of the week is Chamber of Commerce weather with only a slight chance (20%) of wetness on Sunday.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3877695)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Getting away from the idiots in Washington talk for a bit....

The weather is looking interesting:

Thursday for practice and quali, 100% chance of rain calling for AM showers, so one would think that everyone will need to go out, to ensure a proper wet setup if there's a chance quali session is wet. The rest of the week is Chamber of Commerce weather with only a slight chance (20%) of wetness on Sunday.
That's a hella change, think we've seen that before at a certain track. Makes for interesting qualifying though. Chance of rain in qualifying for a 24 hour race makes me think many may just start from the back and skip the session. If they have to lap it could be just go out and run a couple but don't bend the car.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3877703)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That's a hella change, think we've seen that before at a certain track. Makes for interesting qualifying though. Chance of rain in qualifying for a 24 hour race makes me think many may just start from the back and skip the session. If they have to lap it could be just go out and run a couple but don't bend the car.
Everybody can't start from the back

A bit of a let down potentially. I was hoping to see the track record broken for real this time.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3877704)   #35
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Maybe the track record can be broken during the race if not qualifying.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3877705)   #36
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The spotters guide is out on Mr. Blackmore's site with all the liveries now, but I heard on the sportscar365 podcast that somebody has a retro reveal on Wednesday.

My first speculation that comes to my brain is Porsche. Which is cool I guess depending on what the car looks like. But I do like their traditional factory livery a lot though. Will it both cars or just 1. Or is it somebody else? Anybody else have a clue on who it might be?
Old 22 Jan 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3877713)   #37
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Any chance Corvette breaks with the yellow to roll out an old livery? Although the best old Duntov (although probably too clean and "plain") liveries are well before IMSA's time sadly and I can't think of any remarkable other Vette IMSA programs, maybe the Greenwood cars.

My money would be on Porsche as well, but I would think like LM they would roll out two IMSA liveries the drivers liked. I'm trying to think of any others left with "ties" to the original IMSA days who haven't yet but think that's it. Unless someone pulls the Riley GTD trick and puts an old livery on a different car.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3877715)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The spotters guide is out on Mr. Blackmore's site with all the liveries now, but I heard on the sportscar365 podcast that somebody has a retro reveal on Wednesday.

My first speculation that comes to my brain is Porsche. Which is cool I guess depending on what the car looks like. But I do like their traditional factory livery a lot though. Will it both cars or just 1. Or is it somebody else? Anybody else have a clue on who it might be?
Quote:
Any chance Corvette breaks with the yellow to roll out an old livery? Although the best old Duntov (although probably too clean and "plain") liveries are well before IMSA's time sadly and I can't think of any remarkable other Vette IMSA programs, maybe the Greenwood cars.

My money would be on Porsche as well, but I would think like LM they would roll out two IMSA liveries the drivers liked. I'm trying to think of any others left with "ties" to the original IMSA days who haven't yet but think that's it. Unless someone pulls the Riley GTD trick and puts an old livery on a different car.
Still think Brumos would be proper for a Porsche at Daytona.

And a white Vette with Blue Stripe would be fab, not sure how "IMSA" it would be. Mr. Goodwrench, however....
Old 22 Jan 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3877720)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Still think Brumos would be proper for a Porsche at Daytona.

And a white Vette with Blue Stripe would be fab, not sure how "IMSA" it would be. Mr. Goodwrench, however....
But how Corvette was that car? Although weren't some of the early C5R's a grey/black Goodwrench car? I remember the white and yellow but can't distinctly remember an Intimidator car.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3877743)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
But how Corvette was that car? Although weren't some of the early C5R's a grey/black Goodwrench car? I remember the white and yellow but can't distinctly remember an Intimidator car.
Corvette GTP based on a C4.

The P&M Mr. Goodwrench were the "Corvette yellow". Dale Sr. drove one at Daytona.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3877750)   #41
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know if there are any teams that plan to run an onboard feed during the entirety of the race? Is that still a thing on the IMSA app? I like to have a screen up with an onboard going...
Old 22 Jan 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3877756)   #42
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Everybody can't start from the back
"No after you, I insist!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Maybe the track record can be broken during the race if not qualifying.
There will be a Friday morning session. Though I'm not sure if a lap in practice could count for a lap record, or if the track may be too green from rain, or even if there's enough reason to actually shoot for something like that. There's potentially little to gain and a lot to lose for a non-points track session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Does anyone know if there are any teams that plan to run an onboard feed during the entirety of the race? Is that still a thing on the IMSA app? I like to have a screen up with an onboard going...
I will install the baby monitor in the Subaru instead of the crib this weekend. Wi-Fi password is #hawtwagon if you'd like to log in.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3877775)   #43
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Corvette GTP based on a C4.
"Based on C4" what parts? The headlights, taillights, name and occasionally engine?

It's a Lola with a V6 turbo, although it was a better car than a Fabcar with a fancy new name and a body kit being called a Corvette.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3877779)   #44
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
"Based on C4" what parts? The headlights, taillights, name and occasionally engine?

Same 710 chassis as the original Electramotive Nissan GTP (before they started building their own). (IIRC, it was called an "810" just because it was now for "Nissan")

T710-HU01 Corvette Chevy V6 3.4 Turbo 1985 GTP Hendricks Motorsport
T711-HU02 Corvette Chevy V8 5.8 1985 GTP Lew Price Normally aspirated Chevrolet engine.
T810-HU1 Nissan 1985 GTP Electramotive
T810-HU2 Nissan 1985 GTP Electramotive
T810-HU3 Nissan 1985 C1 Central 20 Team
T810-HU4 Nissan 1987 C1 Central 20 Team
T810-unnumbered Nissan 1987 Electramotive Unnumbered chassis kept by Electramotive as a spare and never built into a full car.
T86/10-HU01 Corvette Chevy V8 1986 GTP Hendricks Motorsport
T86/10-HU02 Corvette Chevy V6 Turbo 1986 GTP Hendricks Motorsport
T86/12-HU03 Corvette Chevy V6 Turbo 1987 GTP Hendricks Motorsport Development of T86/10 - car with Lotus active suspension.
T87/10-HU01 Corvette Chevy V6 Turbo 1987 GTP Hendricks Motorsport
T88/11-HU01 Corvette Chevy V8 1988 GTP Peerles Racing

Last edited by jimclark; 22 Jan 2019 at 20:24.

jimclark
Old 22 Jan 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3877783)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Thx, JC!!
Quote:

It's a Lola with a V6 turbo, although it was a better car than a Fabcar with a fancy new name and a body kit being called a Corvette.
Very little, but that was GTP. Thought I read somewhere it was a Buick V6 but they used the 6L big block Chevys is some.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/type...tte%20GTP.html

But yeah. Plastic Fantastic Lola
Old 22 Jan 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3877794)   #46
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Corvettes were Goodwrench colours in 1999. There's no way anyone expected millennium yellow to be used for 20 years.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3877796)   #47
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting the semi trucks on the oval

Check out @IMSA’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/1087...918829063?s=09
Old 22 Jan 2019, 21:43 (Ref:3877798)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Getting the semi trucks on the oval

Check out @IMSA’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/1087...918829063?s=09
Nice!
And I first thought it was something like this:

But haulers are good, too.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 21:46 (Ref:3877799)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I will install the baby monitor in the Subaru instead of the crib this weekend. Wi-Fi password is #hawtwagon if you'd like to log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I looked but can't find anything. Hoping there'll be something to follow!
Old 22 Jan 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3877800)   #50
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ok, what Porsche races as a lumberjack? And the Castrol GT doesn't look too bad on the car, it's still a GT but it works.

S365 gallery from today's load-in, https://sportscar365.com/features/ph...s-break-cover/