Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Nov 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3784300)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2017 in review

Shamelessly recycled from two years ago. Best to review the year that was in Australasian motorsport.

Best race: Bathurst yet again. Was an awesome bloke's weekend away with my old man (even though he had trouble walking due to a knee injury alongside nearly drowning on Sunday) plus scoring some stuff. (Sweet talking my way/retail rep girl felt sorry for me and gave me a Red Bull retro jacket for free and using that jacket plus doing some sweet talking to get a Red Bull corporate ticket from some Holden rep girls to hang out in their pit bay at the start of the race) Bonus was catching up with Greg Rust, the 2nd family that is Brad Jones Racing and laying the foundations for doing something next year for the 12hr.

Best driver: David Reynolds. Supercars' Deadpool is showing some of that magic that made him a great driver when he drove for FPR/PRA and seeing him win Bathurst was pretty cool giving him a slight edge from Scott McLaughlin.

Best team: Tied between DJR Team Penske and Erebus Motorsport. Both have lifted themselves to new levels overall and in regards for Erebus, smaller teams taking it to the bigger teams.

Best moment: Too many to count. Bathurst weekend, meeting my childhood idol Greg Rust face-to-face at Queensland Raceway and doing some charity stuff within Supercars. (Plus getting a DJR-Pesnke cap and poster for a friend in the US who lost his Dad to cancer as a bit of thinking of you and cheer up as he's a Team Penske fan)

Worst race: Can't really think of one. Possibly the first race in Tasmania and the huge pile up. Rather silly from the top-tier of Australian motorsport.

Worst driver: James Courtney. How the mighty have fallen. Hopefully Andretti and United can lift the Walkinshaw team so that Mr. Courtney doesn't have to overdrive the pig of a car and make rookie errors.

Most disappointing driver: Fabian Coulthard. Led most of the first year, was going strong then fell apart near the back end of the year. What the hell happened man?

Worst team: Mobil 1 HSV Racing. No wonder Holden pulled the pin and gave factory support to Triple Eight.

Worst moment: Personally, meeting Allan Moffat. After showing his true colours to myself and two little girls in front of their parents, once is more than enough. The Sandown crash between Webb and Hazelwood was scary. (I shiver in fear hearing Crompton and Skaife screaming in horror when the BJR car does it flips and spins)

Weirdest moment: Triple Eight and Dick Johnson Racing-Team Penske (more so car #17) being off song in the Bathurst race.