Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 6 Oct 2008, 04:11 (Ref:2305101)   #1
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport Photographers in Movies

Watching McQueens Le Mans the other day...I noticed the large number of photographers that featured in the filum. Were any the real deal?

For example, this fella...

Old 6 Oct 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2305154)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No idea, but I have been in a film...
Old 6 Oct 2008, 08:01 (Ref:2305159)   #3
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
....go on then Mike, share it with us (why do I get this awful feeling I'm going to wish that I hadn't asked )
Old 6 Oct 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2305283)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I don't know if was any good (doesn't look it), or if it's even been released yet (doubt it), but it's a British horror film. I star in it, haha.

Actually there's a bit at Silverstone where the hero (?) is playing a racing driver, who gets ambushed by the press. I'm a photographer.

http://www.coldearththemovie.co.uk/site/flashhome.html
Old 7 Oct 2008, 23:31 (Ref:2306491)   #5
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well I don't know if was any good (doesn't look it), or if it's even been released yet (doubt it), but it's a British horror film. I star in it, haha.

Actually there's a bit at Silverstone where the hero (?) is playing a racing driver, who gets ambushed by the press. I'm a photographer.

http://www.coldearththemovie.co.uk/site/flashhome.html
*cough* looks like that'll go straight in at 1 on the IMDB top 250... *cough*
Old 8 Oct 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2306639)   #6
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UV

Quote:
Well...do tell..BTW I bought several of your lens filters
Old 11 Oct 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2309189)   #7
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know the guy in the picture but you do see Nigel Snowden several times with his camera he plays a camero (Nigel did the famous 2 fingers picture)
Old 12 Oct 2008, 02:55 (Ref:2309515)   #8
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

I believe that Dennis Jenkinson was also present. I will have to research it in my copy of "A French Kiss With Death" when it is (hopefully) returned by a friend.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2310925)   #9
macca
Racer

macca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernard Cahier, who passed on recently, has several appearances in 'Grand Prix' (on which he was a technical adviser); he's seen at the Monaco and Brands post-race parties, he chairs the drivers' meeting at Spa, and he takes pics of Barlini in the paddock at Monza.

Paul M
Old 15 Nov 2008, 06:33 (Ref:2335183)   #10
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
no idea of the fellow with the Blad, but I've shot a lot with them and he is certainly holding it properly and his body language is correct. Its a 500 with the "old" silver 150mm lens. Funny tho to see 2 1/4 stuff being used in reportage situations, really not anything you'd see much after the 70's unless for specialshots.

i always laugh seeing "photographers" in films holding cameras like obvious clueless extras, and or with bodies that are very much out of date--surely stuff cobbled from closets etc.
Old 15 Nov 2008, 23:59 (Ref:2335526)   #11
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
no idea of the fellow with the Blad, but I've shot a lot with them and he is certainly holding it properly and his body language is correct. Its a 500 with the "old" silver 150mm lens. Funny tho to see 2 1/4 stuff being used in reportage situations, really not anything you'd see much after the 70's unless for specialshots.

i always laugh seeing "photographers" in films holding cameras like obvious clueless extras, and or with bodies that are very much out of date--surely stuff cobbled from closets etc.
And films from the 1950s and early 1960s had crowds of `photogs' using 4 x 5 Speed or Crown Graphics taking pix without removing the dark slides.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 03:57 (Ref:2336165)   #12
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
And films from the 1950s and early 1960s had crowds of `photogs' using 4 x 5 Speed or Crown Graphics taking pix without removing the dark slides.
well well, not a lot of folks notice THAT. (I actually own a working Crown Graphic, havent shot anything with it for a bunch of years, but it should be still working)

ps, or worse, the typical 8x10 head under the cloth whilst taking the group photo in most films, that one ****es me off every time!

pps, my biggest pet peeve, "photographers" in movies holding the lens like the guy at teh left, wrong wrong wrong and wrong

Last edited by djb; 17 Nov 2008 at 04:01.
Old 20 Nov 2008, 23:42 (Ref:2338587)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I was in a crowd scene in Grand Prix at Brands Hatch. We got a free hot dog for our efforts
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Nov 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2338591)   #14
djb
Veteran

So THAT was you, I have always wondered who that young fellow chomping away on the hot dog was whilst the band marched by......

but remember with the march of time, and the exchange from the tuppence to the farthing to the new pound, that would be worth at least SIX hotdogs today, nothing to sneeze at that!!

;-)
Old 21 Nov 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2338712)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
So THAT was you, I have always wondered who that young fellow chomping away on the hot dog was whilst the band marched by......

but remember with the march of time, and the exchange from the tuppence to the farthing to the new pound, that would be worth at least SIX hotdogs today, nothing to sneeze at that!!

;-)
If you want my autograph it'll cost you !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Nov 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2338948)   #16
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
That's more hot dogs than I got...
Old 26 Nov 2008, 00:45 (Ref:2341832)   #17
djb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
If you want my autograph it'll cost you !!
sorry Gordon, being a freelancer, I can't afford it....and Mike, I hope to god you cradled your lens properly and/or at least took the dark slide out before clicked and changed bulbs each time the flash went off (yet another technical film boo-boo, no burnt fingers and no popping of spent ones on the ground as they should have been throwing them to the ground in a rush)

cheers
Old 26 Nov 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2341970)   #18
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was loafing by the TV the other day watching a nice program on the Brighton Speed trials and then they panned the camera across to show a snapper grinning at the camera....... Snapper Baz in all his glory!