Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jul 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3274778)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chef [iV8SC13R22,R23,R24] Coates Hire 360, Willowbank: 26-28 July

And we stay in Queensland... and head to that state's only V8Supercar round at a permanent circuit....

Will the house of 8's have a serious rethink & bum kicking session internally to discover the real reason the Townsville weekend was so bad (by their standards anyway...) or will they stay behind the field.

Cant see that happening...

#1 & #888 up the front?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Jul 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3274781)   #2
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crikey GTR, you don't muck around !!!
Old 14 Jul 2013, 07:13 (Ref:3277491)   #3
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Crikey GTR, you don't muck around !!!
HE'S trying for the record in number of posts.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3277534)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty certain he already has it covered...

http://tentenths.com/forum/memberlis...rt=posts&pp=50
Old 14 Jul 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3277708)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess we are all interested in what happens at QR in a couple of weeks
Old 15 Jul 2013, 03:02 (Ref:3277754)   #6
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I guess we are all interested in what happens at QR in a couple of weeks
The cactus and tumbleweed are probably appropriate GTR.
I wonder if we are all interested anymore.
Townsville 4 pages and 50 posts, Darwin 4 pages and 52 posts.
Not exactly scintillating discussion on the events.
I seem to recall in years gone by that there would be upwards of 8 or 9 pages for a weekends racing.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3277823)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's interesting when IV8SC & Ch7 are going around trumpetting their attendence figures and ratings yet discussion on forums like 10 Tenths seems to have dropped.

if i was to have a guess as to why that is i'd say the interest is still there however with the growth in social media like Facebook, Twitter & Instagram i think the discussion has broadened to those platforms especially with driver's and teams participation on these forms of media makes it easier for the fans to interact with them.

as for the weekend at QR i'd say the Bulls will be Red with rage and out to stamp their dominance. will also be interesting to see if the Claytonites have really turned the corner or if it was a flash in the pan.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3277860)   #8
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well as this season has being a one team boring feast so far, bar the occasional wins by one or two different teams.

I will be going to the paperclip for the first time, but just for the Fri only. Looking forward to add another track to my list.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 15 Jul 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3278020)   #9
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Well as this season has being a one team boring feast so far, bar the occasional wins by one or two different teams.

I will be going to the paperclip for the first time, but just for the Fri only. Looking forward to add another track to my list.
Is that code for at least 9 different drivers winning from 6 different teams ???

Last edited by Reload; 15 Jul 2013 at 16:58.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3278142)   #10
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Is that code for at least 9 different drivers winning from 6 different teams ???
I think TSR means that some of the other drivers, teams and makes aren't winning often enough to make a difference to what has been the status quo for the last few seasons.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 03:41 (Ref:3278204)   #11
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I think TSR means that some of the other drivers, teams and makes aren't winning often enough to make a difference to what has been the status quo for the last few seasons.
Agree 100%, however I'm sure that many other teams got a lot of satisfaction from seeing that RBR are human last time out and should try and go in for the kill. TSR needs to remember that facts are what counts, not mass exaggeration to get a point across.
As you have pointed out regularly, FPR being the only strong Ford team has taken a lot away from the championship as far as Ford fans go and probably even some Holden fans.
May FPR have a great weekend at QR to liven up the championship and DR needs to go to the next level.

Last edited by Reload; 16 Jul 2013 at 03:48.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 05:45 (Ref:3278227)   #12
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post

Quote:
Agree 100%, however I'm sure that many other teams got a lot of satisfaction from seeing that RBR are human last time out and should try and go in for the kill. TSR needs to remember that facts are what counts, not mass exaggeration to get a point across.
As you have pointed out regularly, FPR being the only strong Ford team has taken a lot away from the championship as far as Ford fans go and probably even some Holden fans.
May FPR have a great weekend at QR to liven up the championship and DR needs to go to the next level.
Calling it a "mass exaggeration" by TSR may be a mass exaggeration on your part.........you could simply disagree.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3278232)   #13
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Calling it a "mass exaggeration" by TSR may be a mass exaggeration on your part.........you could simply disagree.
I did disagree and then supplied the factual numbers which have TSR out by about 100% on how many teams have won this year. In anybody's terms, 100% is mass exaggeration.
TSR is a well known Ford fan who is frustrated at the status quo and the Holden heavy field and that is understandable, however argue your point with the facts and not made up stats in order to get your point across.

Last edited by Reload; 16 Jul 2013 at 06:23.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3278235)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... who's gunna win?
Old 16 Jul 2013, 06:27 (Ref:3278238)   #15
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
So... who's gunna win?
CL.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3278258)   #16
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
CL.
I second that motion Mr Chairman.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3278261)   #17
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I did disagree and then supplied the factual numbers which have TSR out by about 100% on how many teams have won this year. In anybody's terms, 100% is mass exaggeration.
TSR is a well known Ford fan who is frustrated at the status quo and the Holden heavy field and that is understandable, however argue your point with the facts and not made up stats in order to get your point across.
I don't see that TSR provided any stats so they can't be "made up".

He is going out to Willowbank to have a look, so at least give him some points for that.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3278292)   #18
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't see that TSR provided any stats....
This looks like 'stats' to me.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
...bar the occasional wins by one or two different teams.
and more like 200 - 600% error rate over the actual 6 different Team wins

Last edited by ForumNick; 16 Jul 2013 at 09:47.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3278502)   #19
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
This looks like 'stats' to me.....
That's not stats, that's a casual comment.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3278560)   #20
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So... who's gunna win?
throw in a few from SVG, Mclaughlin, Will D, R Kelly, T slade, as Qr is a like doing laps in the backyard, no long straights to get away from everyone.

A roughie, Chaz Mo, not to discount bulldust Aust, either, just remember to stay on the black stuff, turns 3 and 6 good for run offs, turn 2 good for bumping off, same for 4-5 .

three by 40 laps , even the mercs have a good show here
Old 17 Jul 2013, 02:52 (Ref:3278580)   #21
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
That's not stats, that's a casual comment.
Pecky, is that semantics
Old 17 Jul 2013, 04:06 (Ref:3278589)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Pecky, is that semantics
the writers point is missed in the discusion on numbers, so yes semantics,

Not sure the writers point was very clear though, although in my mind i have worked it out.

having only one ford team to follow, have excluded DJR due to lack of competitvness, is a downer as a ford fan.

I was hoping for more from Nissan ane Erebus

Last edited by peckstar; 17 Jul 2013 at 04:20.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 04:16 (Ref:3278590)   #23
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I was hoping for more from Nissan ane Erebus
So was Skaife when he promised the world along with the freedoms!
Old 21 Jul 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3279896)   #24
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plan on going out on saturday, tracks not far away from me. Hearing V8 Noises all weekend, testing I assume. Think FPR and BJR will be up the front.
Old 21 Jul 2013, 05:29 (Ref:3279907)   #25
hdt05
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
hdt05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am personally looking forward to seeing the double file restart of the 60/60. Normally I would just go the Sunday but really looking forward to seeing this on the Saturday as well.