Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Nov 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3784382)   #51
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Sydney Classic Speed Festival on the June long weekend has been growing so I presume they want to use that for next year and then get it back to its' traditional home on Father's Day. Don't ask my why they're not moving it straight back to Father's Day next year, I have no idea. I can only presume they'd already booked up something else that weekend.
I'm sure the marketing people will be making a big thing about it all when it does move back to Father's Day.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 00:15 (Ref:3784421)   #52
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
So how does moving it around so much help? I am confused!
A moving target is harder to hit Terry
Old 30 May 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3906925)   #53
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muscle Car Masters is seemingly dead..... this year it seems to have been absorbed in the "Sydney Masterblast" featuring the Muscle Car Masters.... what that means, who knows? There is motorbike racing on the schedule though....

The latest "Australian Muscle Car Magazine" makes absolutely no mention of the Sydney Masterblast or comment about the Muscle Car Masters. They generally always have some info in every edition about the coming years event, so you would assume they might have commented about it's passing as a standalone event.

Former editor Luke West even writes a column in the latest edition advocating a retro racing weekend at Bathurst as a fifth event as something that might be popular.... isn't that what the Muscle Car Masters has been for the last 14 years?
Old 30 May 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3906933)   #54
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
True, it has been rebranded as "Sydney Master Blast incorporating Muscle Car Masters". I know it's only semantics but you can't really say it's been absorbed into Sydney Master Blast since Master Blast was a session on the MCM programme until now. As well as the addition of bikes onto the programme, there are 4 categories (including us) that have a night race on the Saturday night using the Druitt Circuit. The night races will be a great spectacle but I fear will detract from the Sunday programme with people not wanting to do the late night and back up again at 9.00 for the start of Sunday racing. Only time will tell but I really thing the move back to the Father's Day weekend is a much needed move.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3907838)   #55
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
True, it has been rebranded as "Sydney Master Blast incorporating Muscle Car Masters". I know it's only semantics but you can't really say it's been absorbed into Sydney Master Blast since Master Blast was a session on the MCM programme until now. As well as the addition of bikes onto the programme, there are 4 categories (including us) that have a night race on the Saturday night using the Druitt Circuit. The night races will be a great spectacle but I fear will detract from the Sunday programme with people not wanting to do the late night and back up again at 9.00 for the start of Sunday racing. Only time will tell but I really thing the move back to the Father's Day weekend is a much needed move.

That might be so but it doesn't really seem to be the same sort of celebration of Australian Touring Cars, Bathurst and muscle cars that it once was. Will all the old cars and stars be celebrated etc...? ... does Chevron still have an involvement in this "Sydney Masterblast" that features motorcycles and Karts?

Not only that, there is a Shannons Nationals event the same weekend..... With a headline event promoted by the V8 Sleuth who is usually involved at the MCM

Without AMC or someone explaining the name change further, there is little more to go on other than to assume the event as it was has fundamentally died off
Old 5 Jun 2019, 00:04 (Ref:3907971)   #56
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
AFAIK Chevron sold their stake in the event a few years ago. It will be interesting to see where a few of my regular competitors race that weekend being as they own Group A cars and old Supertaxis.