Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jun 2008, 22:55 (Ref:2233039)   #1
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi Sport, AZK, ROC etc...

While creating wikipedia articles on STW (search wiki for Super Tourenwagen Cup) I struggled to sort out the ins and outs of Audi's works teams and what happened to them. Most of the years the Audi works cars were entered under the "AZK/ROC" name, which I found out was a cooperation between German AZK and French ROC Compétition. In 1995 AZK appears seperate from ROC as "AZK Team Schneider" or Scheider, depending on who you ask. In 1994, there was a BMW team called "BMW Team Schneider". I'm looking for more information about both AZK and ROC.

- ROC stands fro Racing Organisation Course, and has raced at Le Mans in the past. They also ran Audi cars in the French Super Touring championship and developed the FWD Audi A4 which raced in BTCC during the 1998 season. What's their history, and do they still exist?

- AZK stands for Audi Zentrum Koblenz. Google takes me to their webpage which isn't very helpful when it comes to informing me about their history. AZK is obviously an Audi dealer, but other things are less obvious. Did AZK themselves run the racing team, and what happened to it in that case? In which way was "Team Schneider/Scheider" involved?

- Does what currently is Audi Sport have any links to either of these two organizations? What's Audi Sport's history? What do Audi Sport currently do? How much of the DTM and sportscar work is done by them, and how much is done by contractors such as Dallara, ATR, Abt, Joest, Champion and so on?

Any help is appreciated...
Old 20 Jun 2008, 02:57 (Ref:2233119)   #2
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ROC I can comment about. They ran the Reynard 2KQ VW at Le Mans in 2000 and 2001, finishing 5th overall in 01. They also did lots of touring car racing for Audi. Just last year they ran the Lola-Audi for Swiss Spirit. After that I do not know what has happened to Fred Stalder's company.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 03:39 (Ref:2233126)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Didnt Stadler run a Porsche 811 Gt2 back in the mid 1990's at Le Mans for Calderari-Bryner-Fuchs . It had Stadler Motorsports on it and was black & yellow .
Old 20 Jun 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2233362)   #4
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21
ROC I can comment about. They ran the Reynard 2KQ VW at Le Mans in 2000 and 2001, finishing 5th overall in 01. They also did lots of touring car racing for Audi. Just last year they ran the Lola-Audi for Swiss Spirit. After that I do not know what has happened to Fred Stalder's company.
Didn't Phoenix run Swiss Spirit's entry, or did one of the companies take over from the other?
Old 20 Jun 2008, 12:28 (Ref:2233410)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
First it was Stadler , but troubles started when Delatraz wanted Pheonix to run it , i think the reason was that he wanted his Corvette and Lola looked after by the same outfit ..... shame it disapeared .
Old 20 Jun 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2233788)   #6
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who was running the Volkswagen Sciroccos in the Nurgburgring 24?
Old 21 Jun 2008, 14:37 (Ref:2234107)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Volkswagen Motorsport
Old 21 Jun 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2234376)   #8
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Volkswagen themselves or a team under the Volkswagen Motorsport name?
Old 22 Jun 2008, 15:06 (Ref:2234783)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
themself