Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Apr 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1268059)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
British GT Round 1 Donington

Well the British GT Championship gets underway tomorrow and the grid for the 2 hour race can be found at http://www.msttiming.com/bf3gt/2005/51305bgt.pdf

Anyway I will be on site tomorrow so a report and pictures (all being well I have had a few camara problems while out Rallying today.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1268115)   #2
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Might see you there then. Hows this for luck. I started a new job on friday with a marketing firm in Nottingham called the Marketng Machine. This firm belongs to the Cobra group, a below the line marketing company run by...Chris Niarchos of Scuderia Ecosse! Free tickets and an executive box, here I come. Should be a good season, strong line up again and nice to see a range of cars at the sharp end!
Old 2 Apr 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1268192)   #3
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly looking like a good lineup so far, the Z3Ms and 350Z adding nicely to the mix (not so the 12 Porsches, but Eurotech's #22 car looks mighty meaty in its black and silver paintjob!) Can only get better too as more join the series.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1268478)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's no sign of the Monaro on the British GT website in the qualifying results. Does have numbers "32" and "5" as TBA though. I'll be there, about to leave for the circuit in 10 mins or so now...
Old 3 Apr 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1268582)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure if its been posted before but there is commentary here (free)

http://www.dailysportscar.com/
Old 3 Apr 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1268991)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just back a really good race a cracking drive by Nathan Kinch and Andrew Kirkaldy, the lead from start to finish. Embassy Racing had a problem with what sound like a fuel pickup problem in the 2nd half of the race but Ben Collins drove really well in the first hour. As for GT a cracker aswell and it was a win for Tech 9 and Piers Masarati and Dimitris Deverikos. Photos to follow later.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1269001)   #7
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to see the pics. Hope you've lots of the LuVely RJN 350Z!
Old 3 Apr 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1269143)   #8
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
I have quite a few of it, including one of it unfortunately parked up at Starkeys for the second half of the race. That first two-hour event took its toll on a lot of teams today! Got hundreds of pics to sort through now.

Bit off topic, but the last VW race was an absolute corker! If everyone had gone home by that point, Craig Inskip and Shaun Hollamby were having a full-on battle from start to finish with the lead changing a few times amid knocks and bangs. Eventually Craig took the win, clattering along the barrier, backwards and on the grass,.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1269202)   #9
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could only do a part day so only qualifying shot's from me
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1269205)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
was it just me or did it all feel "different" from last year in the paddock, a litlle less open in subtle ways?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1269214)   #11
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
There was a bit of a strange feeling about the place, but I think it's just down to everyone sussing things out and there being a few new teams around. A few of last year's teams weren't there remember, and Donington doesn't really allow the teams to spread themselves about very much at the tight end of the paddock. Probably a few teams scared off by the initial 2hr race, but once it all gets up to speed, it'll be great. Plus, there are more Embassy girls this season!
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1269223)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
You see I didnt even get to see them as they were all clositered away in the aircraft hangar that doubles as the Embassy awning

When I said qualifying shots above I meant Sunday morning warm up...i.e. I got 10 minutes worth of GT's today

Last edited by PaulSands; 3 Apr 2005 at 20:56.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1269229)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I saw them walk across the paddock this afternoon before the race, but I didn't have my camara to hand, but I can tell you they where all very nice.....
Old 3 Apr 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1269237)   #14
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was a pretty dam good race today. I have some video footage and some photos I can put online. Be warned, it's amateur stuff though! The 350Z was lovely. As far as mere presence of the cars goes, the day was stolen by the Ultima for me. Not seen that car in 3 years, shame it had to retire.

The actual racing in GT3 was pretty close, hope it's that close all year.

I liked the Corvette parked by the GTR game stand. Can anyone tell me where that's from? I think it had Xero badging on it but it was white and didn't race....

Most of all - a kinda foggy first half of the day in the surrounding area - lots of clouds, but thank heavens the race stayed dry!
Old 3 Apr 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1269240)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have now uploaded my pictures from today and they can be found at:- http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...ton/index.html
Old 3 Apr 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1269289)   #16
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some stunning photos there!

I really enjoyed today, the racing was good and it's just nice to see some racing again! A great day, pity the weather was a bit murky in the morning!

I think this season of Brit GT is going to be so much fun!

Here are my images from today.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 3 Apr 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1269333)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The White corvette is the car that ran two years ago (in orange) as a Xero car and last season (in blue) for jensen motorsport - Its now back with Xero.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 01:16 (Ref:1269365)   #18
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was a great weekend, some excellent racing. I'll have my photos online tomorrow.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 06:23 (Ref:1269458)   #19
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend, and some good close Clean racing. Lets hope the rest of the season is as close and clean
Old 4 Apr 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1269687)   #20
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Some great photos going up here. Gives me only about 3 or 4 photos worth putting online lol. I was there with my cheap digital camera standing behind about 5 fences each time lol. I got some vid footage to put online (can you zip .mov files?) but one's certainly dodgy given that we stopped to grab a bit more footage when standing right in front of that huge "british motorcycle grand prix" sign/post thingy lol.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1270083)   #21
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
By the way, anybody got a clue what happened to Emotional Engineering and their Monaro? On the entry lists but didn't start. Think I may have heard the commentator mention them and their non-start but I didn't catch any reasons if he said any.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1270157)   #22
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Their engine went bang on the rolling road on Saturday (very early) morning
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1270165)   #23
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Ouch... I'm not expert but I hear that can really hamper yer progress lol